Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any canadians?

hi everyone...
    just wondering if there are many canadians on this site?

"Its a troublesome world all the people who're in it
    Are troubled with troubles, almost every minute
    Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky
    Some people are much more, oh muchly much more
    unlucky than you!" Dr. Seuss

Hi,

There are lots of us Canadian on here.
    We used to have a Canada IC message board but since it went , I don't see to many of the members any more, which I miss them all a lot ..

I just wish that more would post once and awhile on the Canada Chat ..

Where are you from jubejube ???

I am in Ontario just south east of Toronto ..

Debbie
    Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Hi Debbie!
      Another Canuck... yay! I was hoping to find some Canadians... for some reason it just makes me feel less alone in this.
      I am in Ontario... currently living in Toronto! So we are very close.
      Very nice to meet you

Comment

Yes the same here !!

There are a lot of the girls I know from the Toronto area , hope they will post to you soon, don't worry you are not alone with IC in Ontario ..

Have a good week.

Hugs, Debbie

Comment

Hi
          I am in NS.. Just have not been around the past week or so..Hope everyone is doing well. ~~Pam
          God brought me to it, He will bring me through it!!!

Diagnosed 2003
          by cysto/hydro
          Elmiron took almost a year- made me sick, caused diarrhea
          Pyridium -Made me sick
          Detrol and Ditropan, Toviaz and Mrrbetriq- caused constipation and head ache.
          Tried DMSO instill- had 5 out of 6
          Started Oxytrol Patch-stopped using them after 3 months-- skin was getting irritated
          Cysto/hydro April 6th 2011-- on expansion only hold one cup
          IBS/ IC
          High blood pressure meds and Crestor
          Metformin (prediabetic)
          Sinequan (depression)

Comment

thanks everyone for posting back...
            I was really hoping to meet some girls from the area, to hopefully meet up and talk to in person... maybe to ease some of my fear!

Comment

Hi JubeJube,

Welcome to the IC forums. Yes there's allot of Canadians on the site.

Like yourself, I also live in Toronto. There's quite a few people in Toronto who have IC. Not sure on the exact numbers.

Everyone's really nice and very helpful. How long have you had IC?

I've had IC since 2002. I'm doing really well now. Almost to the point where it's gone. I've learned to control it through non traditional methods. I'm not any meds whatsoever. It took allot of time, but was worth it.

First thing is not to be afraid of your IC. It can play on your mind and that will affect the way you feel each day. You have to change your way of thinking. It's not easy. Everyone has a different level of pain, so for some it's harder to accept that they have IC.

I hope your feeling better soon!
              Last edited by ICNDonna; 06-18-2007, 07:02 AM.
              Photoboy61

Comment

Um, I'm going through toronto real soon but i won't have much time at all (like maybe just 15-30min). I will be in the pre-board area of Gate 10 at union station about 11am ish June 28th (5' feet small framed white girl with red suitcase). I will be pre-boarding for a train leaving at noon so like i said, maybe a quick hello. I go through toronto several times a year but this trip is particularly crazy. I'll find out soon- there might be a possibility of meeting up for a couple hours on June 5th afternoon. My bus leaves at 5pm so again, not good if you're working.

*Hey friends- I'm going camping in Killarney this weekend. I've only been camping in a tent twice in my life but it wasn't in the north. It's supposed to be cold and i don't think the berries are ready yet (for the bears to feed on). Wish me luck- i really don't want a bear encounter and apparently there are quite a few in this area. Most of all, i hope my bladder behaves- wandering in the dark night by myself to find a port-a-potty doesn't sound like fun.

chantal

Comment

Hi, I'm from Montreal, Quebec. I don't know anyone here with IC, but I know that there are quite a few ic patients here since it's a big city. It does feel good to know you're not alone suffering with ic and would like to extend my greetings to all Canadians on this board.

Marsi4

Comment

marsi4 to the Canadian Chat board !!!

Yes , there are lots of people from the Quebec area with IC ,we had a lot on the Canada IC message board but we know longer have this message board so I was hoping others would come and post on the IC-network message board ..

I go to Montreal a lot as my husband is from Quebec and his sister all live in Montreal and parent outside of Montreal..

I am glad you posted on the Canada chat !!

Debbie

Comment

I'm canadian, but live in Maine!!!

Erika
                      IC diagnosed officially via cysto/urodynamics 1/26/07

Grade II Endometriosis diagnosed via lap 12/11/07

"Fall down seven times, Stand up eight."

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think."

Current Treatments:
                      Interstim Since 5/25/07!
                      Birth Control

Comment

Hi name is charel I am from Vancouver delta B.C. ,have had IC for 10 years hit a bad flare up for 2 weeks IM having my dmso treatment tomorrow just started this chat line last week its great to talk to someone that has the same as you take care

Comment

Hey Erika;

Well to the Canada IC chat board, glad you came over here !!!
                          Where are you from in Canada ??

charel , also glad you join us on the Canada IC chat as well ..

This is a good place to come and that you are not alone with IC as well ..

Hugs, Debbie

Comment

I'm from Nova Scotia. I was diagnosed with IC in 2003 and unfortunately I am in a major flare right now. I don't know anyone else that has IC so I'm glad that this chat area exists. It's comforting to know that I am not alone!

Suz

Comment

Suz to the Canada Chat message board, so glad you could join us all here !
                              I know a lady from Nova Scotia, I hope she see your post..

Yes , you sure are not alone with IC . any questions just ask away we all can share our experiences with you , we all are so different with our IC too ..

Warm hugs, Debbie

Comment

Working...
                              X