Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone from Canada travel to Mexico or DR?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone from Canada travel to Mexico or DR?

just curious to see if anyone from Canada has traveled to Cancun or the DR by any chance? trying to figure out the drinking water situation(s)...that is the only thing that has kept me from traveling far - I've been to Ontario and back this summer only because I knew I could manage, one of my 'safe' bottled waters was available up there...but I am really nervous about Mexico or DR...
    We're specifically looking at the Grand Caribe in Cancun (nothing definitely chose in DR yet), has anyone ever been or have any experience in that area??

Not from Canada, but traveled to Punta Cana Grande Palladium Palace Resort in the Dominican this past June and had zero trouble with their bottled water. Do not use their ice or rinse your mouth at the faucet or shower. It is an all-inclusive, so you can have as much water as you want.
    IBS diagnosed - 1987
    Severe IC diagnosed - July 10, 2009 (Sister diagnosed 2004)

IC/IBS WILL NOT DEFEAT ME OR DEFINE ME

Allergic to: Penicillan, Imitrex, Levbid, Loestrin, Detrol, Cipro, Morphine, Dilaudid, Pryridium Plus, Fentyl,Toradol, Neurontin, Zoloft, Amitriptyline, , Elmiron, Atarax, Levaquin and most generics.

Tried: Dye Free Benadryl (nausea) and Prelief

Trying: Valium Suppositories, Vitamin E Suppositories, Estrace Cream, Marcaine Home Instills and Lutera.

Emergency Flare Meds: Percocet (pain management), Valium (anxiety management) and Pyridium (before installations).

What's working: Cystoprotek, Shaklee Pro/Prebiotics and DH Aloe Vera.

* Stay with me God the night is dark, the night is cold. My little spark of courage dies. The night is long. Be with me God and make me strong.

Comment

Was in Cosumel last summer and they have bottled drinking water which is safe.. But do not use the ice and take sanitizer for your hands..
      Hugs
      Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
      http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
      http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
      Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
      Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
      Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
      Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

thank you ladies - this is the only thing that has kept us from traveling down south so far...we've been married 5 yrs and still have not had a honeymoon
        we were going to go this year but we ended up being lucky and having a little one last year, so that was on the back burner

Comment

Hi there,

I have been many times to DR and once to Mexico. I hate to say this and I hope this does not happen to you, but almost everytime I come back with a UTI or non UTI. I honestly think it is either from showering and washing with the water. Most resorts will tell you to not use the tap water to brush your teeth with, I have only been to one resort and it was the GR Solaris in Cancun that said you could drink the tap water in your room. So if you cannot brush your teeth with the water, you might want to be careful what you are washing with the water too. I know it seems ridiculous but next time I go I am going to wash my hair in the tub and use bottled water to wash the rest.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Mandy

Comment

Working...
          X