Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vancouver IC Support Group starting!

Hi,

We are four women of all ages who would like to start an informal Vancouver IC Support Group to connect with other IC patients and partners/family members in a positive and supportive group environment.

We will meet on the 3rd Sunday of the month

Next meeting: Sunday March 20th, 2011
    Time: 4 to 5:30 pm
    Place: Waves Coffee - 1850 Commercial Drive, Vancouver

We will decide on a better meeting place based on the number of people that show up on March 20th, 2011.

We look forward to meeting other people in the Vancouver area!

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Jeanette/Amanda/Debbie/Lisa at [email protected]

Hi all,

To follow-up on the post above:

If you are planning to join us on March 20th, please send a quick email to us at [email protected] so that we have a sense of numbers.

Thank you!
    Jeanette

Comment

This is absolutely perfect timing -- I just logged in because I was thinking, "I'm going to start a Vancouver support group." Lo and behold, the hard work is already done! I popped an email to the address above. Really looking forward to connecting with folks!

Cheers,
      Heather
      ~Heather~

IC (diagnosed 2003), Ulcerative Colitis (protitis in 2008, now pancolitis :[), other assorted ailments. Wheeee~

Comment

Haha! I was looking to do the same thing! See you on march 20th!

Comment

Great to see that there is a lot of interest to start a group in Vancouver!

I look forward to meeting you all on March 20th!

Have a great weekend,
          Jeanette

Comment

New location!

Vancouver Interstitial Cystitis Support (IC) Group

What: An opportunity to connect with other people living with IC in a positive, supportive and informal group environment

When: 3rd Sunday of every month

Time: 4 – 6 pm

Where: Room 4007, Providence Building, St. Paul’s Hospital, 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver

Room directions: Make your way to the 4th floor cafeteria; look for room 4007 (towards the garden terrace)

For questions and/or to be added to the contact list, please email Jeanette/Lisa/Amanda/Debbie at: [email protected]

Comment

next meeting febuary ???

isnt it in feb on the 19th ???

Comment

next meeting is Feb19th 2012

Yes, the next meeting is on feb 19th 2012. We are going to have a naturopath come and speak.

Comment

Look forward to seeing you all on Feb 19th! :-)

Comment

How cool!
                    I now envy Vancouver for 2 reasons:
                    1) You're starting a support group (we don't have one here where I live)
                    2) You live in a really beautiful city - one of my favorite vacations ever was to Vancouver

Wishing your support meeting much success and understanding!
                    Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                    I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                    ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                    Source - Pinterest
                    "

Current treatments:
                    -IC diet
                    -Elavil 50mg at night
                    -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                    -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                    -Pyridium if needed,
                    -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                    -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                    -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                    -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                    -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                    -Managing stress= VERY important!
                    -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

hi

kadi,

you should come here again...but living here kinda is getting annoying and expensive
                      anyways i am excited to go to this meeting and meet people who are'nt mean to me lol
                      its easy to get to far as i know
                      i wonder who is going any one ive talked to ??

Comment

Hi everyone,

I am one of the Vancouver IC Group organizers. I look forward to meeting you at our Feb 19th meeting. We always have a great group of people attend! We are an informal group and try to keep the meetings positive and fun.

For those of you who are living in areas where there is no support group, I would encourage you to start your own. That's how the Vancouver group started about one year ago. I didn't have much knowledge about IC or starting groups, when I reached out to others in Vancouver. We now have about 50 members We started small and informal, meeting once a month in a coffee shop. Then we found a comfortable meeting space at the local hospital and have been meeting there since. We don't have a budget, but have managed to organize several guest speakers who have generously shared their time and expertise for free. We have organized some potlucks and often someone will bring in treats and snacks to share.

If anyone is interested in setting up a group, don't hesitate to get in touch with the Vancouver organizers: [email protected]

It would be wonderful to see more support groups in Canada!

Jeanette

Comment

Hi Jeanette ,

Thanks so much for posting , I do hope many will see this and attend these meeting , it is great thing to have, I have attend one and it stop going as of not many people attending it is to bad that more people would not attend these meeting ..

So thanks so much Jeanette for posting, it sure would be if we could have more Support groups meeting in Canada !

Debbie
                          Thinking positive has got me through to another day!!

Comment

Working...
                          X