Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone taken vagifem tablet any side effects

Hi
    Does anyone have taken vagifem tablets (estriol) you insert them for HRT. I started this in December first 2 weeks everyday and then 2x a week after that. My new gyn started me on them for dryness. I have a total hysterectomy quite a few years ago and I am 63 yrs. old so post menopause. With having IC. thought it may help. I have been in a bad flare since last week, don't know if the vagifem is bothering, didN't do ant this week or something else. Have been taking extra strength Tylenol which only dulls pain doesn't tolally relieve it. I was wondering about regular strength Advil tablets which I took a few years ago when I broke my arm. I do have GERD and on Meds. For that. Just need my IC flare to settle down. I was diagnosed in 2000 and I watch my diet very closely. Any suggestions. Also use heating pads at night. Try Elmiron it bothers my stomach. Thanks
    Babbers

Re: Anyone taken vagifem tablet any side effects

I wasn't able to take the Vagifem tablets because it caused a burning sensation especially in the urethral area. I had to get my vaginal hormones compounded without preservatives which I believe a lot of women do now. Also many IC people are unable to tolerate Advil. I also have GERD and can't tolerate Advil for more than a day or two. It seems to be hard on the stomach and the bladder. Have you tried any of the supplements recommended here at the ICN shop?

Comment

I just started taking vagifem about 2 months ago. The last time I took it, I had vaginal discomfort all day, felt like cramps. I stopped having periods 37 yr ago, so it's not that. I haven't taken any vagifem for the past week and probably won't for a while since I have other things going on down there for the time being.
      Last edited by Bladderella; 04-23-2015, 03:49 AM.

"When you gotta go, you gotta go!"

Comment

I have been taking Vagifem now for over a month without any problem.

Comment

I could not use Vagifem--too many chemicals. Caused terrible itching and burning. I use compounded estrogen in coconut oil, inserted vaginally. It has really helped both my vagina and bladder. Jo Ann

Comment

Hi
            Well my flares are bad. Went and had a urine sample taken at the doctors office on Thursday. The sample showed a bit of blood in urine, going to send rest of urine for a culture tests. Nurse practitioner prescripted an 7 day antibiotic 2x a day. The antibiotic is called macrobid 100 mg. when I took it to the pharmaphist to get filled, I asked what the ingredients are because I have a very sensitive stomach also bladder. Can't even take Tylenol for arthritis because of the yellow coating caused me to flare. He looked up the ingredients and of course there dyes Yellow no. 10 plus some other ingredients I am not sure will bother me. It is a yellow and black gel capsule, told me if it bother me to open it up and put in water. The first pill I took Thursday left in capsules, it seem to bother my stomach I also have GERD on Meds. For that. The next day open up capsule put in water. Stomach not too bad, but my bladder is still flaring. Take 2 extra strength Tylenol every 4-6 hours, dulls pain for awhile. Pharm. said it was safe to take every 4-6 hours as long I don't more than what saids on the bottle (up to 8 a day). I don't really like taking even extra strength Tylenol, but the pain is bad Really trying to watch my diet too, being extra careful. Really praying for a healing. Haven't had a bad flare like this since last June and July. Doctor don't want me to take Advil or anything with ibphonine it because of my stomach. May have to go back to my urologist. I have had some stress lately too Which doesn't.
            help. Any suggestions on pain Meds. Babbers

Comment

Working...
            X