Bonjour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonjour

Je suis intéressé de discuter des traitements disponible dans la province et faire de nouveaus amis.
    Bentyl effects seems to wear out within weeks.

I'm not using it much anymore.

Bonjour, je suis du Québec. J'ai 32 ans et maman d'un fils de 15 ans.

Je suis malade depuis un peu plus de deux ans maintenant mais j'ai eu le diagnostique seulement l'automne passé.

J'ai trouvé beaucoup d'information ici. Ca m'a grandement aidé.
    Sorry if my english is not perfect. My first language is french.

Current treatments:
    -IC diet
    -Elmiron 300mg
    -Elavil 20mg at night
    -Ditropan 5mg if needed (mostly in menstrual flare)
    -Alesse Continuous use birth control pills
    -Pyridium if needed
    -Tradamol if needed
    -Tylenol codeine if needed

I also take

Avapro high blood pressure
    Maxalt migraine
    Benadryl for allergies

It's take 2 years before I got my diagnostic. I am the lucky one that Elmiron help a lot. Frequency and Urgency make me crazy at first. And after 1.5 years, burning in my bladder coming.

Comment

Hello. I also live in Quebec and have suffered from IC all my life since I could remember age 5. I am now 44 years old and only got diagnosed when I was 38.

I went untreated for over 32 yrs. I have only spoken to 2 other ic patients from Quebec and have lost touch with them. I would really like to try and help anyway I can and have someone to chat with. As far as I know there are no support groups in Montreal and I wish thre were because dealing with IC is so very hard and painful. I'm very sorry you are also suffering and would like to share information and offer my support and compassion.
      Last edited by marsi4; 10-28-2010, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Hi -I am originally from Quebec.. border town girl from the Eastern Townships.. I was there a month ago and still love it.. I am now in NS and have lived here 38 years.. but Beebe is still a home to me lol

Right now I am doing good with IC.. but it can change from day to day..Just take an Anti depressant at night-- detrol la occasionally-- Elmiron and pyridium make me sick and give me diahrea so can't take them..
        Waiting for an app with my uro.. the request was sent in June and they said it could be Jan before I get in..

glad you have found this message board...
        take care
        God brought me to it, He will bring me through it!!!

Diagnosed 2003
        by cysto/hydro
        Elmiron took almost a year- made me sick, caused diarrhea
        Pyridium -Made me sick
        Detrol and Ditropan, Toviaz and Mrrbetriq- caused constipation and head ache.
        Tried DMSO instill- had 5 out of 6
        Started Oxytrol Patch-stopped using them after 3 months-- skin was getting irritated
        Cysto/hydro April 6th 2011-- on expansion only hold one cup
        IBS/ IC
        High blood pressure meds and Crestor
        Metformin (prediabetic)
        Sinequan (depression)

Comment

Totally off topic, but you guys should start a "Learn to Speak French" thread. I took 2 years of french in high school, but I've forgotten most of it.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass -
          it's about learning to dance in the rain.

♥♥♥♥♥

♥♥♥♥♥

Comment

Support group in montreal

Originally posted by marsi4 View Post
            Hello. I also live in Quebec and have suffered from IC all my life since I could remember age 5. I am now 44 years old and only got diagnosed when I was 38.

I went untreated for over 32 yrs. I have only spoken to 2 other ic patients from Quebec and have lost touch with them. I would really like to try and help anyway I can and have someone to chat with. As far as I know there are no support groups in Montreal and I wish thre were because dealing with IC is so very hard and painful. I'm very sorry you are also suffering and would like to share information and offer my support and compassion.
            Hi, Bonjour,

I also am living in montreal. I was part of a pain management support group at a pain center but it was very limited. If some of you are interested in starting a support group in montreal I would be delighted to take part. It would be nice to find people who understand the challenges of living with IC. Please write if you are interested. We could make it a bilingual group to attract more individuals (Just an idea) .

Je voulais savoir s'il y a des individus qui souhaite créer un groupe de support à Montréal. J'aimerais créer des liens pour discuter des différentes facettes la cystite interstitielle.

Thanks! Merci!

Comment

IC Support Group in Montreal

I live in Montreal and I have IC. Did you ever manage to get a group together?

Comment

Hi liv!

I am happy to hear from someone else in mtl! I have not started a group but I would love to do so. I have actually never met anyone with iC. I have been in a pain management group at the montreal general hospital but most did not have the same issues as me. Let me know if you are still interested or if you just want to write or talk. take care!

Comment

hi, I am recently diagnosed after months of pain and very depressed as well. still trying to figure out how to deal with this. right now i am not too bad but waiting to see another urologist as i am really confused.
                  i also live in quebec. at the time being my diet is so restricted because i am afraid to eat anything. has anyone tried any herbal coffees? I am on elmiron .

Comment

Re: Bonjour

C'est aussi difficile d'avoir des réponses en Français au É.U que de se faire répondre en anglais au Québec...lorsqu'on est américain La diète sans oxalates aide beaucoup, je dirais qu'après 2 mois, on voit toute une différence. On peut la trouver sur le site ici, mais c'est en anglais. Moi ce sont le café, tomates (sauce tomate), mets mexicains, bière...en fait tout ce qui est acide (comme les agrumes) qui ne me font pas du tout.

On peut télécharger et imprimer la diète à ce lien:

http://www.ichelp.org/ICFoodList

Comment

Working...
                    X