Anyone here from SK?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here from SK?!

If so, say hi!!! I would love to hear from you!!
    Bladder/Pelvic Issues since 16.
    Constant urethral/vestibule/nerve pain? (can't pinpoint)burning/tingling/pain. After BM and urination, pain is worse. Sex triggers it so bad. Can't wear tight pants. Sitting =bad. Worse after second pee.
    .PFD.vestibulitis, IBS. Hyperthyroid dx May 2013 Ureaplasma, treated twice.
    First Cysto Feb/13. Uro/Gyno thinks it more nerve related or a mixture of both. In diagnosis stage. Still.
    Currently on:
    Physical Therapy
    25 mg methimazole (hyperthyroid),
    Morphine 10mg as needed,
    Evra Patch (birth control) Switching to Alesse
    Tried and didn't work:
    Gabapentin 400mg 3x day
    Ditropan (oxybutynin) - Didn't have much frequency (only during a severe flare), caused urine retention.
    Marshmallow root tea. Didn't help much with pain or anything. Lidocaine.
    Citrical - Urine retention. Atarax(25mg capsules)Urine retention.
    Estragyn Cream. Started Dec 17/12. Amitryptaline 25-75mg May 2012.

Hi! I'm a sasky! I'm from Regina. Where are you from?

Comment

I live 45 minutes north ish of Regina near a small town called Bulyea and another called Strasbourg!!

Have you been officially diagnosed with IC? I haven't! Also, which doctor do you see? I come to Regina ALL the time!!
      Constant urethral/vestibule/nerve pain? (can't pinpoint)burning/tingling/pain. After BM and urination, pain is worse. Sex triggers it so bad. Can't wear tight pants. Sitting =bad. Worse after second pee.
      First Cysto Feb/13. Uro/Gyno thinks it more nerve related or a mixture of both. In diagnosis stage. Still.
      Currently on:
      Physical Therapy
      Morphine 10mg as needed,
      Tried and didn't work:
      Gabapentin 400mg 3x day
      Ditropan (oxybutynin) - Didn't have much frequency (only during a severe flare), caused urine retention.

Comment

So nice to hear from another person from Saskatchewan with IC! I'm way too excited, lol. I haven't been diagnosed yet. My GP said it takes almost a year to see a urologist so he is sending me to a gyno. Not even sure if that's a good idea, but that's what he said would get me seen faster. Which dr do you see?

This may be too forward, so you can say no, I won't be offended, but maybe we can meet up for a steamed milk (haha) sometime in Regina? It would be so nice to talk to someone who would understand!

Let me know what you think

Comment

I waited four years to see a urogynocologist (dr jabs) because my old gp sucked and.. Yeah. Wait time was awful,that was before I got chronic pain.

She did a cysto and didn't find much other than a really tight urethra and thinks its more nerves with me .. I disagree and now I'm planning to go to the us hopefully soon because wait times here are so bad .. Long story that ill have to tell you over steamed milk!!!!
          Currently on:
          Physical Therapy
          Morphine 10mg as needed,
          Tried and didn't work:
          Gabapentin 400mg 3x day

Comment

Ha ha, I can't wait for story time over steamed milk so I can hear all about it! I was contemplating heading down to montana due to the wait times, but I had no idea how expensive it would be. Especially if there were a bunch of procedures that they wanted to do.

I ended up getting in to replace a cancellation at the gyno last night! He was so nice! He gave me some muscle relaxants that are specifically for smooth muscle, and was completely willing to give whatever pain meds I need! I decided to start with the muscle relaxants without pain meds and go from there. He is also sending to saskatoon for cystocopy. I'm super nervous about it actually!

Comment

Hahah hot date over steamed milk! Lol

Yeah costs are worrisome but I'm desperate and ill probably be heading to Minot soon! Haha more to tell you over milk!

Which gyno did you see? ah yeah my general practicioner sent a referral to another urologist in Saskatoon but .. Wait times, again.

I'm glad you got in to see the gyno!!!! Score for having him be good about meds!

Ugh I had a bad time with my cysto just cause my urethra is very tight and that part hurt the most!
              Currently on:
              Physical Therapy
              Morphine 10mg as needed,
              Tried and didn't work:
              Gabapentin 400mg 3x day

Comment

Re: Anyone here from SK?!

I too am from the Regina area. Here is the link to my story, http://www.ic-network.com/forum/show...-over-5-months!
                This not medical advice mind you. I believe we all have different ways to heal. I hope things are going well.

Comment

Re: Anyone here from SK?!

I am a long time sufferer of IC & am amazed that there are others on this forum from SK. I live in Regina & am just putting myself out there in hopes of hearing from another sufferer within Regina or SK, I've talked with others who have this awful condition, including the absolutely wonderful & amazing Jill Osborne (who I consider a God-send) but never to anyone close to home, so please feel free to reach out to me, I'd be delighted to hear from you!

Comment

Working...
                  X