Depressed due to infertility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depressed due to infertility

Anyone else infertile & doesn't already have kids? If so please PM me so we can chat!! :woohoo:

Jen
    [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
    Jen
    Medically diagnosed Post Menopause 9-13, unsure for how long! Have: IC, IBS-C, arthritis, carpal tunnel, hypoglycemia, RLS, seasonal sinusitis, depression, anxiety, infertility, hormone imbalance.

Please read Screaming to be heard by Dr. Elizabeth Vliet. I do deep cleansing breathing & relaxation morning & night along with doing Yoga everynight now, it's been a huge blessing for my body! Born & raised in Michigan, relocated to Oklahoma in 9/09. Please Don't stop anti depressants or mood stabilizers "cold turkey"!

http://www.icawareness.com/stories.html

Jen Meier Cascaddan on Facebook

Married for 21 years, have 2 cats that are my "boys"

Have you sought infertility treatment?
    Naomi Parrish xxx

Please visit personal page http://www.myspace.com/naomiparrish and photos http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...d=naomiparrish!

Comment

Infertilty treatment

We learned after 2 years of trying to conceive that my husband was shooting blanks (it took my switching doctors 3 times for one to ask if he had been tested which he hadn't), we're now saving to adopt. We don't have health insurance so treatments aren't an option. I chose to have Hydrothermal Ablation done in August 2005 to help aleviate my cycles, I've only bled 5 days since then but I also went into early menopause @ the same time. Now I don't have much faith in doctors at all, they only know to treat the symptom, they don't even consider what the CAUSE might be until things are progressed & most of the time it's either beyond repair or it'll take a long time to fix the situation because of all the damage that has been done. That is exactly why I'm using the vitamins & supplements that I'm using. I won't rely on doctors unless something arises where I don't have a choice in the matter!
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
      Jen
      Medically diagnosed Post Menopause 9-13, unsure for how long! Have: IC, IBS-C, arthritis, carpal tunnel, hypoglycemia, RLS, seasonal sinusitis, depression, anxiety, infertility, hormone imbalance.

Please read Screaming to be heard by Dr. Elizabeth Vliet. I do deep cleansing breathing & relaxation morning & night along with doing Yoga everynight now, it's been a huge blessing for my body! Born & raised in Michigan, relocated to Oklahoma in 9/09. Please Don't stop anti depressants or mood stabilizers "cold turkey"!

Comment

Infertility Treatment

I was an egg donor at Dominion Fertility and Endocryinology in Arlington Virginia. They have an excellent success rate. I am doing a cycle now for an infertile couple, so I am familiar with all the medications. I have to take the same ones to stimulate my ovaries.
        How old are you? If you have reached early menapause and still want to have birth child, egg donation may be your best option. Clinics in Washington DC and New York have hundreds of profiles, you can see their pictures, sometimes meet them. It is partially covered by insurance.
        Anyway, I thought of this because I am going down Wed for a cycle. I hope things work out for you! If you would like any more information about the process feel free to contact me!
        Naomi Parrish xxx

Please visit personal page http://www.myspace.com/naomiparrish and photos http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...d=naomiparrish!

Comment

Infertility

With my having the Hydrothermal Ablation done, I can't have a child as there is no endometrial lining left, they burned it out with a hot saline.

I appreciate your information though!!!
          [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
          Jen

Comment

I understand where you are coming from. My DH has low morphology, and I don't ovulate on my own, so we went through heck trying to conceive. We had many IUIs, and then we did IVF and I got pregnant with twin girls, but they were born prematurely (21 weeks) and passed away only hours after birth. Then we used frozen embryos that were left over, and I got pregnant with twins again, but lost one at 8 weeks. I was on bedrest due to many complications, but managed to hold on until 36 weeks and gave birth to my daughter, who is now 14 months old.

I know that you are unable to have children of your own, but wanted to explain my journey so that you know you are not alone in your feelings. I was so depressed when I found out that I may not ever have children, and went through so many hormone treatments that I was on an emotional rollercoaster for a long time. Then after losing my twins, I was so devastated that I had to go on lexapro. It was the hardest time of my life. I really couldn't even enjoy being pregnant again, because I was so scared I'd lose my final baby, too. We spent so much money, too...and that really put some pressure on us.

I really hope that your adoption process goes smoothly. I have a friend that just adopted her son after going through many treatments and losing twins as I did. She says that she feels that he is really her son in every way that matters. I really admire her for that.

I'm so glad to see you reaching out for support, because that was crucial for me when I was in your shoes. Infertility is one of the worst diagnoses you can be given...but remember that there is always a silver lining. You are going to be a wonderful mother to whoever is lucky enough to be adopted by you.
            Holly
            1/19/2006 diagnosed with PBS/possible IC
            2/1/2006 Elmiron & Elavil 50mg
            3/2006 began PN symptoms
            7/18/2006 broth culture sent (found Strep D) stopped Elmiron & Elavil and began long-term amoxicillin - IC symptoms relieved at last!
            09/29/2006 PNMLT found pudendal nerve damage on rt side (nerve block to be done Oct 4)
            10/20/2006 - lyrica for PN pain (didn't last)
            11/20/2006 - cymbalta for PN (didn't last)
            12/2006 - stopped all meds and started Dr. Moldwin's therapy of valium and PT for PFD, which is still working for me
            UPDATE 7/1/2008 - weaning off the valium...taking 2mg nightly about 5 days a week, so doing great. No more pudendal nerve pain, although I'm careful about how I sit at work and try to exercise to stay relaxed to minimize PFD. A powerplate workout machine helps massage those inner PF muscles, and I take MSM and glucosamine (in MonaVie) religiously, which are both natural antiinflammatories. I feel GREAT!
            UPDATE 2/16/2010 - completely pain free!

Looks like the "IC" pain caused my PFD, which pinched and damaged my pudendal nerve, which in turn sends out misguided signals to my PF muscles....battling this pain cycle, but at least I have been pain-free bladder-wise for 2 years now!

JMHO - I don't believe that antibiotic therapy should be considered controversial....the theory that "IC" is a disease should be controversial. I believe that we all must find out what causes the damage to our bladder linings, stop that, and then let it heal. In only 9 short months, I added EVERYTHING back to my diet and have been "IC"-free for 2 years and counting.

Comment

Infertility

Holly, THANK YOU SOOOOO much!!! Your post really made me feel better!!! I represent a candle company, health & wellness company, bath & body company if I can ever service your needs!!! You can e-mail me for more information
              [FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
              Jen

Comment

Working...
              X