Hello Alaska ICers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Alaska ICers

Is there any Alaska ICers out there? I was just wondering..

Hey there

I'm not from Alaska, but will be visiting that area next spring. Going on a cruise there. First time ever in Alaska for me.
    In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
    11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

I'm in Alaska

Hi my name is Susan and I live in Alaska with IC! Very happy to see two post, I have been checking of and on since 2001. Sorry that others suffer also BUT so grateful not to be alone any more! Would love to start chatting with the both of you!

Susan Waalkes

Comment

I am Suzanne and live in Chugiak which is just outside of Anchorage. I've had IC for 1 year. There has to be more of us!

Comment

ak support

hi i live in wasilla alaska and have had ic for over 6 years diagnosed started at age 22 after my first child was born. i have been looking for a good dr. finally thought i found one and he retired after my surgery. so looking again. and would love to have any support system i can find.
          Live love laugh

Don't forget to have faith. Following god and believing in god are two different things, I surely hope I never forget to make them one.

Everything is meant for a reason, I have found that the worst of times later became the best of times if I listened to what I learned.

Life is a lesson; Listen and it will teach you!:

Hoping to find a good doctor in alaska, I am very uncomfortable with mine right now, but I am full of hopes and dreams, and trying to stay positive all the way! *It really does make a difference* thanks VC

Believe in yourself and you will be the difference!

Comment

ak support

Originally posted by suzannes View Post
            I am Suzanne and live in Chugiak which is just outside of Anchorage. I've had IC for 1 year. There has to be more of us!
            i would say i hope so but i dont wish this on anyone, but i hope so that we could find them because Alaska has such a lack of education on ic its sad and frustrating and we could use any support we could get.
            Live love laugh

Don't forget to have faith. Following god and believing in god are two different things, I surely hope I never forget to make them one.

Everything is meant for a reason, I have found that the worst of times later became the best of times if I listened to what I learned.

Hoping to find a good doctor in alaska, I am very uncomfortable with mine right now, but I am full of hopes and dreams, and trying to stay positive all the way! *It really does make a difference* thanks VC

Comment

It's been too long!

Hey all you Alaska ICers! Nothing came from our thread a year ago! I would really like to meet up w you, I have had a couple of difficult additional injuries and been so depressed. I need friends. I would like to be a friend. I've had IC since 1991 2yrs after hysterectomy

Comment

I'm in AK and have had IC for 11 years. It's nice to see a few other people on here from AK. Unfortunately our doctors are horribly under educated about IC with apparently very little concern to those of us who have it. Thus why I have never been back to the urologist sense my diagnosis.

Comment

Re: Hello Alaska ICers

I haven't been on here in forever and would love to find others in alaska who have ic and discuss what we have found available and for encouragement
                  Live love laugh

Comment

I am in Alaska also. I was diagnosed in November 2015.

Comment

I'm about to move to Anchorage! Are any of you still there?
                      Diagnosed with severe IC and Endometriosis in 2016
                      Medications: Elmiron, Elavil, Myrbetriq, Uribel, Valium, Baclofen, Percocet
                      Surgeries: Laparoscopy, Hydrodistention (2)
                      Procedures: Regular bladder instillations
                      Therapies: Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy 2x/week, homeopathic home-care, yoga and massage

Helpful Links:

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html
                      IC Diet: http://www.ic-network.com/patient-re...-introduction/

Comment

Originally posted by Katie L View Post
                        I'm about to move to Anchorage! Are any of you still there?
                        I am still here. Living in Palmer.

Comment

I'm glad to know of someone else up there! Would you mind if I message you?
                          Diagnosed with severe IC and Endometriosis in 2016
                          Medications: Elmiron, Elavil, Myrbetriq, Uribel, Valium, Baclofen, Percocet
                          Surgeries: Laparoscopy, Hydrodistention (2)
                          Procedures: Regular bladder instillations
                          Therapies: Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy 2x/week, homeopathic home-care, yoga and massage

Helpful Links:

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html
                          IC Diet: http://www.ic-network.com/patient-re...-introduction/

Comment

Originally posted by Katie L View Post
                            I'm glad to know of someone else up there! Would you mind if I message you?
                            Sure, you can message.

Comment

Working...
                            X