Great doc in Little Rock area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great doc in Little Rock area

His name is Bruce Safman and he works at orthopedic specialites... He really, whole hearted BELIEVES in fibro and will work very hard to make you feel better! He is not afraid to prescibe pain pills if thats what he determines that you need. He also does pressure point injections and relies very heavily on the drugs lyrica and savella (along with darvocet usually). If you are a true fibro patient, go see him!!! He is interested and wants to make you feel better!!! Tell him Donna sent ya! LOL

Hi Donna! Do you know if he also treats for IC? I was recently DXed and am looking for a pain management doc! Thanks!
    - Kathryn

PMDD: Lamictal 150mg daily, Yasmin Non-Cyclically 3mos
    Anxiety, Depression, OCD: Paxil 40mg daily, Klonopin 0.5mg PRN
    Hypertension: Lisinopril 40mg daily
    Asthma: Albuterol PRN, Dulera 2x daily, Spiriva 1x daily
    Interstitial Cystitis (DXed June 4, 2012): Elmiron 100mg 3x daily, Prelief 2 caplets with each meal

Surgeries & Procedures:
    2010 Exploratory Abdominal Laparascopy: DX salpingitis from Mirena IUD
    2011 Cholecystectomy (Gallbladder removal): 10% function (HIDA Scan)
    2011 Dec. & 2012 May: Cystoscopy
    2012 May: VCUG (Voiding Cystourethrogram) Scan
    2012 June: Urodynamics testing

Comment

I myself live in the Fort Smith area and am also wondering if he helps IC patients?

Comment

Hey guys,
        I live in Little Rock and go to Arkansas Spine and Pain for my pain management. Dr. Qureshi. My primary care recommended him. He is great. He doesn't know much about IC. In fact, I think I was the first IC patient he ever saw (or one of the few). But he does know the basics. My urologists recommended gabapentin and nucynta extended release. So we just continued with those medications. We added oxycodone for break through pain. All they can really do for IC is prescribe meds. And I recommend trying everything before you try meds. But if you are like me and have tried everything, then you need the meds to function. My urologist and my primary care won't prescribe pain meds, which is the case with most doctors these days. Hope this helped someone.

Comment

Working...
        X