hey joliet area...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey joliet area...

Hey, any Joliet area people out there. I am in need of a new Urologist. I recently was going to Advanced Urology in Joliet and my doctor there has basically given up on me and says there is nothing more that he can do. Now, I refuse to believe this and give up. So, if anyone is in the area and has a great doctor they can recommend I am all ears. I am willing to go to the same practice and see a different doc there. I'm just looking for recommendations from anyone if they have one.

Thanks
    Sue
    mom to :
    Cameron age 10
    Evan age 5
    Lilly age 1

Diagnosed with IC in 2003, PFD in 2009, colitis 2012

Symptoms: Frequency and bladder retention

Treatments so far:

Hydro in 2003 (put me in remission for six years)
    Atarax (didn't really make a difference)
    Flomax (for retention...didn't help)
    DMSO instills (got rid of burning pain...helped a little)
    Pelvic Floor Therapy (2010)
    Cystoprotek (started 08/10) no change

Currently the pft that I do at home, xanax( to relax my muscles), and urelle when needed has given me a mostly symptom free life!

I go to a uro/gyne in Naperville. He is fantastic and a very caring man. He is from Park Ridge, but comes to Naperville a couple times a month. He has really been helpful to me-and he was my 3'rd doc. p.m. me if you would like his name, etc.

Comment

Dr Burstein in Dekalb is amazing! He helped Jill with this site. Ive been seeing him for a few years now, and I really like him.

www.dekalbclinic.com for his info
      Meds: Percocet PRN; Pyridium PRN. First symptoms Dec 2005. Diagnosed in March 2006.

I am the proud mom of a two year old boy! I was lucky enough to be in remission my entire pregnancy. If you have any questions regarding my pregancy, delivery, breastfeeding, or pumping, feel free to contact me!

Im on Facebook! Just tell me you are from the ICN. Look me up under Kim Wayne.

I love working as a CNA in a nursing home. Started school in August part time. Going for my LPN!!!!

Comment

omg...you guys are great...thanks for the info.
        Sue
        mom to :
        Cameron age 10
        Evan age 5
        Lilly age 1

Diagnosed with IC in 2003, PFD in 2009, colitis 2012

Symptoms: Frequency and bladder retention

Treatments so far:

Hydro in 2003 (put me in remission for six years)
        Atarax (didn't really make a difference)
        Flomax (for retention...didn't help)
        DMSO instills (got rid of burning pain...helped a little)
        Pelvic Floor Therapy (2010)
        Cystoprotek (started 08/10) no change

Currently the pft that I do at home, xanax( to relax my muscles), and urelle when needed has given me a mostly symptom free life!

Comment

Re: hey joliet area...

Hi sue
          I know that you posted this quite some time ago but I just saw this. I see a doctor also from advanced urology in Joliet il who I've had good luck with. Can I ask which doctor you were seeing? And also who did you end up switching too?
          Been diagnosed since 2011
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X