Anyone in northeast Indiana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in northeast Indiana?

I am am looking for other people in and around Fort Wayne, Indiana.
    ~Julia (48, F)

Diagnosed with arthritis (2009), IC (2010 - symptoms since November 2007), & pre-diabetic (2017), TMJ/TMD (2019)

Diet Modifications: IC diet
    Currently exploring how to align diabetic nutrition and IC diet (08/2017)

I'm in East Central Indiana, about 1-1/2 hour from Fort Wayne!
    ~ Stacey

Comment

I'm from the Warsaw IN area.

I saw in the latest ICN email that there is a Ft Wayne support group starting up! The first meeting is Tuesday March 2nd, at Parkview. I am sooo planning on being there!

(Me & my husband)

IC- June '09- Elmiron, occasionally Urelle & Sanctura XR, also take joint supplement
      Vulvodynia- Aug '09- Elavil, Calcium Citrate & occasionally Lidocaine gel
      Semen Allergy- Nov '09- just preventive measures
      IBS- Jan '10- mild case, so just high soluble fiber diet
      Still have unidentified pain, possibly from PFD.

Also migraines & hypertension.

Follow IC diet when flaring, otherwise hasn't proven very helpful. Also follow some IBS diet guidelines.

Exercise (2 miles walking per day, some yoga & mild kettlebells) and stress relief have also helped much!

Lover of all animals!

Visit my blog about living with IC & VVS: http://icthereforeican.blogspot.com/

Comment

I saw that too! I am going to be there! Can't wait to meet everyone :woohoo:
        ~Julia (48, F)

Diagnosed with arthritis (2009), IC (2010 - symptoms since November 2007), & pre-diabetic (2017), TMJ/TMD (2019)

Comment

Yes, it was definitely a very good experience to actually MEET people who knew what this was like!

Not to sound ignorant, but which person were you? I remember there being several newly diagnosed people, but I didn't have a chance to talk more because my husband & I had to drive home!

Also, I saw photography listed as an interest & both my husband & I are photographers too!

(Me & my husband)

IC- June '09- Elmiron, occasionally Urelle & Sanctura XR, also take joint supplement

Follow IC diet when flaring, otherwise hasn't proven very helpful. Also follow some IBS diet guidelines.

Exercise (2 miles walking per day, some yoga & mild kettlebells) and stress relief have also helped much!

Lover of all animals!

Comment

cem, I was the one that has been experiencing a few pain free days. I just started using Desert Harvest with great sucess. My name is Julia, I came in a little late and ended up sitting to the left of the other people from Warsaw that you stayed and spoke with. Are you on facebook? (if so PM me with your details and I'll look you up there.)
            ~Julia (48, F)

Comment

hi im in indiana but not near ft wayne.i live in terre haute but thought i would say hi anyway.
              courtenay

Comment

Hi courtascot!
                I have family that live over the river in Paris, IL.
                So I get down there once in a blue moon.
                I'll wave as I go by lol
                ~Julia (48, F)

Comment

Julia, I PM'd you my info!

to Courtenay! Always nice to meet people in Indiana.

(Me & my husband)

Lover of all animals!

Comment

I am near Fort Wayne. Nice to meet you!

Comment

Nice to meet you too!
                      ~Julia (48, F)

Comment

thanks cem nice to meet u.i would love to get any indiana/illinois icers together sometime.is that possible ? any or all that want to that is. it would be great to have support so close to home. maybe meet somewhere in the middle lol. i havent been feeling great so not up to organizing right now but would like to.i live in terre haute as u can see above. its about an hour or hour and a half west of indy ( close to illinois) anyone that is interested can email me at [email protected].
                        courtenay

Comment

I live in Muncie, IN so I am not too far off either.
                          Newly Diagnosed and learning to cope.

Comment

Nice to meet you!
                            ~Julia (48, F)

Comment

Likewise! I have never met anyone in person who has IC so I would like to try to make it to one of the meetings when I am not working or in class.
                              Newly Diagnosed and learning to cope.

Comment

Working...
                              X