dr. micheal O'leary in boston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr. micheal O'leary in boston

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has seen dr. O'leary in boston mass. I have an appt. with him next week. I live in ct. so I was going to travel to see him but have not found much info., on weither he treats IC or not.

I do not know. I would call the office and ask the personal your questions. This has worked for me. I find them very helpful. Keep us up on how things go please. Hugs, Ziggy

Comment

Hi.

I see Dr. Morse who is affiliated with Brigham and Women's. He is wonderful, and he knows a lot about IC. Dr. O'leary is in the URO group also, but I do not know anything about him. I'm sure you will be fine with him. B&W is a wonderful hospital. I go to the pain clinic there also.
      Last edited by hoping4acure; 06-10-2011, 12:56 PM.
      Minds are like parachutes-they ony function when they are open.
      -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Who do you see at pain clinic?

Comment

Who do you see at pain clinic at B and W?

Comment

I see Dr. Morse and my PT is Julie Wyper in E. Bridgewater. She is wonderful. She specializes in women's health. Let me know if you want some phone numbers.
            -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

*ICN Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I see Dr. Valouska at the pain clinic.
              -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

Comment

I saw her yesterday. I was very impressed!

Comment

Isn't she wonderful? I just had to get two epidural shots in my back. She is so gentle and so kind. I am happy that you liked her.
                  -Thomas DeWar-

ICN Newbie Volunteer

Comment

Dr. Valovska

The plan we had for my first visit didn't work out and Mo I woke up with the worst yeast infection from hell. It was so bad I couldn't think, literally. I called the pain clinic and got some unfortunately incompetent women (foreign name and accent) who told me I didn't exist and kept repeating my ss wrong. She said someone would call me. No one did

Finally at my third call three hrs later I got someone else. I must have sounded really off the walls because she gave me to a wonderful NP, Elizabeth. She said Dr. Valovska was only in on Wed and to come in then. I told her I wanted to rip my vagina out and then it occured to me that the 100mg fluconazole I'd been taking to keep me from getting yeast because I was on estradiol werent' working. I took a 200mg one and in three hrs felt better.

She was wonderful. I told her I didn't realize the diazepan supp she prescribed was one I took two yrs ago and the base simply didn't work. She prescribed a different base but when I called the pharmacy it doesn't exist. I called the other compounding pharmacy and they said the same thing. And Dr.Stewart said there were only two bases. There was confusion that was not the doctor's part.

I asked her about the tramadol supp because I have itching and not pain. But I have been studying the relationship to itching and pain and there is much confusion on different types. She said I was so sophisticated medically she thought I'd understand because I spoke about neuropathic pain.

I cannot take estradiol. I will always get yeast and fluconazole, not only makes me sick, is bad for the liver and isn't working prophalactically.

She thinks yeast is a contributing part of my problem historically (I agree with her; I've had skin issues, etc.) and wants me to continue with the fluconazole for a wk. My former pcp is the head of i.d. at the Faulkner and I also gave her a call.

I came home, take my 4000 mg. of gabapentin, took a fluconazole and inserted a tramadol supp. AND MIRACLE. That was about four hrs ago and I'm still doing well.

But the best part of the visit was the doctor. She put her hand on mine and said, "We will work together. She was thinking out loud about things to try."
                    And she said, "You have been working so hard for forty seven yrs,, now is not the time to stop. I see patients for seven yrs., not forty seven. You need a vacation." There was no one in the room with us and I felt a warm, caring connection. I had just been through a cookie cutter practice that left me worse than when I came in.

I have not had i.c. for forty seven yrs. I am sixty seven and got Crohn's when I was twenty. I've been in remission for forty yrs. But I also got Sjogren's which led to eye problems, vaginal and i.c. and then mouth. And the CFS. But I have not been in pain all those yrs. She assumes so because these are all painful diseases.

She is a very special doctor. I feel like I've come home.

She knows my p.t. and says she is exceptional.

Comment

Wanted to add: I have bladder remission from i.c. It's vaginal component that came back.

Comment

What is Dr. Morse's first name? Also, what did, does Dr. Voluska do for you?

Comment

Working...
                        X