IC Patients in Mississippi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IC Patients in Mississippi

Hi. My name is Tiffany Morris. I'm 20 years old and was diagnosed with IC Nov. 1st of 2007. I live in South Mississippi and was wondering if anyone else from Mississippi was on this site. I would love to hear from someone in my area.
    Tiffany

Can I ask what part of South Ms?
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Sorry it took so long to reply leelee. I'm in Gautier, MS.

Comment

I am Slidell, I am from Ms, but all my family live in Bay Saint Louis.. And some live in hattiesburg..
        Hugs
        Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
        http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
        http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
        Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
        Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
        Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
        Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I go to Hattiesburg to see my doctor for IC. I used to go to school over there, but left after getting sick.

Comment

In Ala, but Miss girl at heart!

Hi guys, I live in Alabama, close to Tuscaloosa, but was born and raised in Meridian, MS. My ob/gyn is going to send me to a Dr. Speights in Jackson soon and wondered if anyone knew anything about him. My daughter's mother in law loves him (tho she doesn't have IC) and he is on the IC list, so I am very hopeful. I know this is IC, though have not been diagnosed yet. Have been on the diet for several days and already see a change. Thankfully don't have the pelvic pain (I don't guess....) There are times that I feel like my bladder will explode even after emptying it....is that the pain some are talking about? Anyway, just the frequency and burning. Some nights, I get up every 30 minutes to an hour. BUT, it is better with Azo and this diet has had me only taking Azo before going to bed and only getting up 3-4 times. I am praying for everyone on this board Thanks for listening,

Margie....Alabama

Comment

Hey y'all. I'm Amelia and I'll be 21 in a few weeks. I live in Oxford and am finishing up before going to nursing school. School is taking a bit longer than expected because I keep having to drop courses to have surgeries for IC (I've had an Interstim put in recently) and endometriosis. I was supposed to have another surgery to stretch my urthera and clean up my endometriosis but my doctor, Dr. Stanford at UT in Memphis, is not practicing right now. It was unexpected because I was scheduled for surgery on July 6. I would love to hear about any doctors in Jackson or Hattisburg or really anywhere as long as he/she is good! Please let me know about the doctor you see. I really need to find a new one soon.

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Amelia,
                I'll be sure to let you know what I think about my new Dr. Have to go to the new ob/gyn first. My daughter's friend...It's amazing how much easier it is to deal with a Dr. when you know them personally. However, this ob gyn is know for a sympathetic ear. Really sorry to find about your MD problems, but maybe soon you'll find an even better one! Prayers for you.

Margie

Comment

Originally posted by tifferz89 View Post
                  Hi. My name is Tiffany Morris. I'm 20 years old and was diagnosed with IC Nov. 1st of 2007. I live in South Mississippi and was wondering if anyone else from Mississippi was on this site. I would love to hear from someone in my area.
                  Tiffany
                  Hi Tiffany. I live in South Mississippi also. I have IC and PFD. I'm 40 years old and was diagnosed last year. It's hard to deal with but I'm a fighter and I'm doing all I can do get back on my feet again. I have 3 children. 1 still have a 16 year old daughter at home and my 1st grandbaby on the way.

Comment

[QUOTE=preachers wife;543832]Hi Tiffany. I live in South Mississippi also. I have IC and PFD. I'm 40 years old and was diagnosed last year. It's hard to deal with but I'm a fighter and I'm doing all I can do get back on my feet again. I have 3 children. 1 still have a 16 year old daughter at home and my 1st grandbaby on the way. I know several people personally around me who have IC but they have not been diagnosed with PFD. I have had 6 DMSO treatments and they have helped my bladder so much but I can't function because of the PFD. My insurance won't cover PT. Not giving up!!!

Comment

Update Tiffany, My dr. is in Hattiesburg also.

Comment

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I have been kinda busy.
                        Preachers wife, what part of south ms are you from and what doctor do you see?
                        I see Dr. Secrest in Hattiesburg, and he is absolutely amazing if anyone is looking for a doctor. He has wonderful bed side manner. He doesn't treat you like your illness doesn't matter. He's great!
                        I'm currently dealing with school and trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I was a nursing student, but hated it. I'm thinking about teaching now since I've been a substitute teacher for the past 2 years. Sometimes I just get mad and verbalize to my bladder how much I hate it or verbalize to my meds how much I hate them. I was taking elavil, but have stopped in the past few days because I have put on so much weight. It makes me so upset. I was around 125 before I was diagnosed, and I am now around 160 and rising.
                        If anyone would like to talk or something, feel free to email me at [email protected]

Comment

Going to be in Mississippi April 14, 2011

I will be speaking at the MS Dietetic Association in Jackson on April 15. I arrive the night of April 14, though. Do you think some people would like to get together for a mini support group meeting that night? I can bring books! Email me at [email protected]
                          Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
                          IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
                          IC Diet Website
                          For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
                          Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
                          Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
                          IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Hi my name is Brooke. I'm from Hattiesburg,MS. I am 21 and I found out in 2007 I had IC. At this point my IC is unresponsive. I go Sept 30th to see another dr to talk about a pain stimulator. I was wondering has anyone else had one???

Comment

Working...
                            X