southern Jersey, anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• southern Jersey, anyone??

I live in south Jersey- Camden County- and am dying to find a close support group. Is there one around me that I'm missing?? If anyone knows of a support group in this area Please contact me.

Thank you,
    KK
    Hopekeepers Support Group Leader

Diagnosed IC 1/07/04
    Fibromyalgia, IBS, PFD, Urethral Instability, GERD, Chronic Unexplained Pelvic Pain for most of my life

Remember, all is not lost as long as we keep our sense of humor!

hi sicklerville i m in glassboro, i am new to these boards... but not new to ic i have had it for about 15 years...diagnosed 10 years ago...
    i don't know about any close by support groups... wondering who your urologist is i have had the same urologist for the past 10 years in phila but i am going to start to look for someone new.... would you mind if i asked you who you see.....
    also have you been to any pain management clinics? thanks many many thanks hey maybe we coudl start a support group in our area....

Comment

I am working on starting one in northern Ny state...a bit of a haul for you, but if you're "ever in the neighborhood...." check out Lowville Ny in Lewis County!
      Northern NY state has a great IC Support Group!
      ( contact me for details )

Comment

Jersey

I'm in Central Jersey. No support groups around here.
        IC for 23 years.

Ginny

Comment

I think all of us should plan a big old support group convention somewhere here in the Northeast....seems there is a REAL lack of support groups for us...at least in the REAL North....LOL . (There would have to be plenty of bathrooms!!) I have put the word out ALL over the place (including here) but nobody lives nearby apparently. sigh.......
          Northern NY state has a great IC Support Group!
          ( contact me for details )

Comment

Hi guys-
            As Ginny may know, I had been looking for fellow ICers in the Northeastern part of the US for years!! First I was up in Massachusetts, although origionally from Central NJ, and now down in Philadelphia. Although I have never been to a support group, I do beleive there is one here in Philadelphia associated with a certain urologist and her group.
            Let me know if you are interested in more info...
            Rachel
            @[email protected]
            "Well the Secret O'Life is enjoying the passage of time." ~James Taylor

Comment

Please let me know if you have information on a Philadelphia area support group. I am trying to get my urogynecologist to start one at his office in Turnersville, NJ. I will definatly post if it is successful.
              If I could show a great need for this, he may be swayed into doing it.
              If you are in the area and are interrested, let me know and I will relay the info on to him and his staff.
              KK
              Hopekeepers Support Group Leader

Diagnosed IC 1/07/04
              Fibromyalgia, IBS, PFD, Urethral Instability, GERD, Chronic Unexplained Pelvic Pain for most of my life

Remember, all is not lost as long as we keep our sense of humor!

Comment

New Philadelphia/South Jersey IC Support Group

I am starting a IC Support Group for the Philadelphia/South Jersey area. Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested in helping start the group or attending the meetings once they are confirmed. Thank you!

Comment

I'm also in Central Jersey, so I'm no help to you, I'm really sorry ):
                  Good luck finding a support group !
                  Diagnosed;
                  IC; Early November 2008, age 15 by hydro/cysto
                  IBS; May 2010

Current Treatments;
                  Elmiron - 2 pills twice a day, started on 8/11/09.
                  Cystoprotek - when I remember, not usual.

she's seventeen and a beauty queen <3

Comment

I live in southern Ocean County with is the southern part of central jersey - but would be willing to go to a support group within a 45 minute drive. I also just found on that my urgyno is moving her practice from Monmouth County - which is only about 40 minutes from where I live to Turnersville - which according to mapquest is 88 miles from my house - i'm so upset!!!!! She is alone in her practice now and she is joining a group - so there isn't even anyone to fall back on around here. Anyone have any urgyno's that specialize in people like us???? I'm even willing to go to Burlington County - or northern Atlantic County - any suggestions anyone???
                    My dr said I'm a rare case and she suggested I take a trip to NY to the Center for Vulvovaginal Disorders - however that's really far and they don't take insurance for the first visit - its 1300.00 to walk in the door - if anyone has any info about the Center - please share that also.... Thanks guys.....

For the support group - my email is [email protected] I look forward to meeting others like myself!!!!

Comment

support group

lulu128: in reference to your support group .. i live in south jersey about 25 miles from philly. where would you guys be meeting. i would be interested, if it was not too far. really can't travel too far.
                      but would love to hear from you about it. private message me.. i sent you an email too..

Comment

Welcome back!

KK,
                        Its nice to see you back in the area. I was in the Philadelphia support group with you when it was meeting at Warminster Hospital. Unfortunately there have not been any new groups that have started since you left.

Last month I drove over 2 hours to the New Brunswick group that meets every other month. It is very well run, but a long way to drive. I live in Chester County, PA.

I am definitely interested in forming a new group. I would think there would be a lot of interest somewhere around the Philadelphia region. I think a group sponsored by a Dr. would be more successful. I am interested in Hopekeepers as well, as I am a member of Rest Ministries.

Thank you for looking into this,
                        Lyn

Comment

hi all: what is hopekeepers support group?

Comment

South Jersey, Camden County, here too. I would definitely be interested in attending a support group.
                            “Whenever I stumble over my own feet, or blurt out a thought that makes no sense at all, or leave the house wearing one pattern too many, I always think, 'It’s okay, I’m from New Jersey.' I love New Jersey, because it’s not just an all-purpose punch line, but probably a handy legal defense, as in, ‘Yes, I shot my wife because I thought she was Bigfoot, but I’m from New Jersey.’”
                            --Paul Rudnick

Comment

Same here, also live in Chester Country PA and would love to join a support group close to Philadelphia!!
                              Please keep me in the loop!
                              Sorry for any mistakes in my English - I am not a native speaker

Comment

Working...
                              X