Northern Jersey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People from Northern Nj getting together to support each other with IC

Positive support is good for all of us to share, so we can get through this together!

Comment

Hi, tpronti!

I am not originally from Bayonne, so I did not go to high school there. I've been living in Bayonne for a few years now, but I'm originally from Florida.

Dx IC
      Dx VV
      Dx PFD
      Dx LS
      *All diagnosed in July 2010
      Dx Anxiety Disorder, Spring 2005

Treatments:
      Hydroxyzine
      Nortriptyline
      Elmiron
      IC Diet
      Bladder Instillments
      Triamcinolone
      Topicort
      Bactroban
      Lidocaine
      Physical Therapy
      Mind-Body Relaxation Techniques

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; the courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference."

Comment

what doctor do you see in NJ? thanks!

Comment

I see Dr. Merrit Cohen in Millburn, NJ. He is so understanding about IC. His wife has Ic also. What doctor do you go to?

Comment

Jumping in a bit late, but I am too from NJ.. central northern NJ... Moongirl, how do u do with the nortrip.. I was on imipramine years ago.. tried it again and it makes my pfd worse and causes sever retention... I was recently presribed nortrip but am afraid to take it
            Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

Everyone from Northern NJ should meet up! Share our experiences to keep the support going. I am interested in knowing what doctors everyone goes to? It would be helpful to post so everyone knows which docs know about IC.

Comment

Bea, what doctor do you see?

Dr. Juana Hutchinson-colas was recommended to me but she is a urogyn not a urologist but supposedly very good

Comment

I have been seeing dr berger in west orange for 18 years.. i still do occasionally.. but I go 2-3 times a year to long island to see dr moldwin.. he is amazing!
                  Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

Trying to start a support group in Northern NJ

Let me know if you are interested. Send me your email.

Comment

I live in Rockland County, which borders northern jersey. If there was any sort of a gathering or support group in jersey, I would definately go to it. Ther is nothing around here unless you want to travel into the city. I don't. Being with other people with IC makes you feel like you are not alone.
                      Karen

Comment

could chat

I've had IC about 3 yrs. am finally on this site looking for more info. Have researched alot my self and have found some success and not.
                        Originally posted by Rocklandgal View Post
                        I'm in Rockland County, NY, but Jersey isn't far. Anyone in northern Jersey with a group or who would just like to talk?
                        Thanks,
                        Karen

Comment

I am from Northern New Jersey. I live in Bergen county. I would love to try and organize something for ic awareness. The urologist I see is Dr. Eric Margolis in Englewood.

Comment

New Jersey

Hi Melissa
                            I to live in Union county NJ and See Dr Margolis he is wonderful. I wished I lived in Bergen county I just love the town of Englewood. It only takes me 1/2 hr and I also see Dr. Harris in So Ho NY... Her partner Dr Codey wrote the book Healing Sexual pain wonderful gyno's. You should check out there website sohoobgyn.com they do botox and nerve blocks.

Jo Jo

Originally posted by Melissa Davis View Post
                            I am from Northern New Jersey. I live in Bergen county. I would love to try and organize something for ic awareness. The urologist I see is Dr. Eric Margolis in Englewood.

Comment

Hi Everyone from New Jersey!!! I am speaking and doing a book signing at the Central NJ IC Support Group on October 9, 2012 at 7 pm. Email Michelle Brill for details: [email protected]: https://www.facebook.com/events/263493670429623/ Hope to see you there!
                              Julie Beyer, MA, RDN
                              IC Dietitian, Patient Advocate, Speaker, & Author

Did you know that up to 94% of interstitial cystitis patients find some symptom relief when they change their diet, and that dietary modification is recommended as a first line treatment for IC? Check out the IC Food List to get started!

Do you need a little more help understanding the IC Diet? Schedule a phone or video coaching session through the ICN Store today.

You can also learn more while supporting the ICN message boards by clicking on these book covers and buying the Confident Choices books from the ICN Store:

........ ........

Other IC Diet Resources:

IC Diet Webinar
                              IC Diet Website
                              For Health Professionals: Continuing Education About Interstitial Cystitis and Diet
                              Free IC Diet Booklet: What Can I Eat?
                              Confident Choices IC Diet Blog
                              IC Diet Newsletter

*Let's Connect!*

Comment

Working...
                              X