Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSTON-METRO IC MEETING SOON!

Hello Everyone,

I sure hope all of you are surviving this hard winter here in the Northeast.
    The good news is that our next meeting will actually be in the spring, just a few weeks away! Hopefully by then, we'll be well on our way to much warmer weather

On March 29th, our group will be discussing ways to help reduce stress. We will also share information and tips about things that help make living with IC more tolerable. Over the years I have learned many different ways of keeping my IC symptoms under control. Much of this has come from the shared information I received through support group meetings. It's also a wonderful way to make friends and be able to pick up the phone and have someone on the other end know just what you are going through. So many of you have offered great tips and ideas at our meetings. I only hope that all of you find as many answers as I, through our support group.
    We are also fortunate to have these message boards.I'm sure you all agree, that without the work of the ICN, we wouldn't have this wealth of information and great support year round, 24 hours a day!

Before I forget, I want to thank my friends who have helped with the refreshments at our meetings. It is not going unnoticed so again, many thanks

I also want to say thanks for any donations you are able to give. After expenses, the extra money will be going to the ICA. They are currently embarking on a new $100,000 research initiative which is being tailored to the specific concerns of those living with IC. The success of this new, first-ever research depends on us.
    I will be putting this money together and at the end of the year, I will write a check from us, the Boston-Metrowest Support Group.

I also want to remind those who were at our January meeting, to please fill out the questioner that was passed out to everyone, (Valuable Information for IC Patients). This information will be shared with all ICers that needs information about doctors as well as the treatments that are working and not working. We know that, what works for one doesn't necessarily work for another. I am putting together information that will help others find the treatments that are working and what combination of treatments seems to be the most successful. Also, I am looking for information on finding the most knowledgable and compassionate doctors her in MA.
    This is where I need your help.
    For those that weren't at our last meeting, aren't able to be at the next, or would simply like to help us out with this information, please e-mail me at: [email protected] Please fill out the questioner that I send you and return it.

Our next Meeting is March 29th from 1:00 - 2:30. At the Katherine Kennedy Senior Center, 117 East Central St. Natick,Ma.
    Please e-mail me if you need any more information or directions. [email protected]

Sending healing wishes to all, Molly (Cora)
Working...
X