Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All right, Jersey Girls, let's get it together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jersey!!!

I am from jersey! Never thought I would be excited about saying that, but nevertheless I am from South Jersey actually, Cumberland County. I am sometimes all over Jersey top to bottom because I've been a student at Montclair State since September of 2001. I am currently, at home in South Jersey with my health problems, but intend to return in the near future! Just thought I would say hello to you all... thanks for the post..all the best...
    Love is a fruit in season at all times, within reach of every hand. ~ The Blessed Mother Teresa

Status: Diagnosed October 2006 via cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Max anesthetized bladder capacity only 250 cc's. Mast cells and pinpoint bleeding found.

Remission for me means less pain for more days than not. Frequency is inevitable with a bladder this tiny! That is ok though. The difference between when I was diagnosed and now, is that I have embraced that fact. Me and the loo, we are one.

Comment

hey girl.. I went to MSU back in the day.. loved it there
      Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

Originally posted by Berkshire Road View Post
        Not this coming weekend; it's Easter. Did you mean the weekend after? That's good for me.
        yeah.. the following weekend.. wait is that this weekend.. LOL we need to get together
        Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

Yeah, I'm thinking that since last weekend was Easter, the weekend after Easter would be this coming one... LOL ... we may set a record for "Most Disorganized Support Group Ever" -- we haven't managed to meet once!

I promised my husband I'd be free on Saturday afternoon but Sunday should work for me. Who wants to meet at the Edison Diner, at, let's say 1:00 pm?
          Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
          Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

haha yay!

Yeah you went to MSU? THat is aweesome Bea! Haha, yeah I love it there, but hate the parking. haha. It's a miserble mess. Always paying parking tickets! Even got the boot once.. campus life.. eh.. haha. Oh MSU.

On meeting up, yeah Edison Diner might be pretty far for me. I will see what I can do though! But either way we must meet. I looked on the schedule and there are no scheduled support group events and meetings, in our actual area. We'd have to go to Boston or Canada for a one day meeting. I really think it would be neat if we could set something like that up around here. So we can have meetings every few months too, and post it on the schedule.
            I'm pretty sure we could get a good turn out.

Tell me what you think girls!! Would love to do anything I can to make our resources even more accessible! P.L.U.R. thanks all! My myspace link is posted on here, if you want to get in touch.. and of course.. I'm often on here lately as well! Okay... be safe.. hope to meet you all soon!!! Stay well!
            Love is a fruit in season at all times, within reach of every hand. ~ The Blessed Mother Teresa

Status: Diagnosed October 2006 via cystoscopy with hydrodistention. Max anesthetized bladder capacity only 250 cc's. Mast cells and pinpoint bleeding found.

Remission for me means less pain for more days than not. Frequency is inevitable with a bladder this tiny! That is ok though. The difference between when I was diagnosed and now, is that I have embraced that fact. Me and the loo, we are one.

Comment

we have something on Sunday.. maybe we can shoot for the following sunday or something...
              Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

OK -- now it's on you. Propose a date, time, and location, and let's see what happens!
                Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

how does this Sunday sound to all of you.. let me know.. sorry about not getting back sooner.. between my daughters surgery the weekends have been a bit tied up
                  Healing thoughts

Bea

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry about your daughter. This Sunday works for me. Time and place?

Peace, Carolyn

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Support Group

Hi,
                      I live in NJ and I was diagnosed this past Aug. with IC. I've been trying to manage with various treatments (as well as doctors-some of them stink). At first I was in a constant flare which lasted until Jan 07-when I started taking Detrol. It's finally calming down, and I have started to test foods. I just get very frustrated when something does bother me b/c it sends me into another flare for a few days. I see you guys meet up once in a while. It would be great to talk with somone local who has this-instead of my friends and relatives who must be sick of me yapping about this constantly! I actually live in Middletown, NJ, like VERDICRIES! Let me know what you think and if you are planning to meet soon.

Thanks so much!!
                      I just started a IC diet/low-oxalate diet blog! http://jennysicparty.blogspot.com/

Comment

:woohoo: i was beginning to think NO ONE lived around here!!

where in middletown are you? pm me...we need to get together NOW!!!

tracy
                        (Added by ICNMgrJill on 5/19/08. I am sad to share that Verdicries (aka Tracy) lost her life in a tragic accident just a few days ago. We will miss her support, her encouragement, her sense of humor and, of course, the joy that she found as a mother and wife).

Tracy ~ 29 years old with Toxoplasmosis (from birth), Fibro/CFS (since age 13...ouch), severe IC, IBS-D, severe PFD (surgery made it even worse), vulvodynia, hiatal hernia, GERD, ulcers, severe gastritis, numbness/tingling in extremeties, pelvic nerve damage--mainly urethral, urinary retention, pelvic reconstruction 7.10.07 (fixed rectocele, rectal prolapse, lifted bladder, urethra, uterus, and repaired vaginal walls), Raynaud's, 2 severely herniated discs in neck and one in low back, anemia, PCOS, anxiety/depression/panic attacks (since forever). Still having major bowel problems (inability to empty rectum...any ideas?? ).

I'd like to be on House, MD as a medical mystery.

Married to Craig, a saint amongst men...who puts up with me and my eccentricities...

Connor & Mommy by the tree:

Connor with Santa...so happy!

I take: LIQUID Atarax, Flomax, Soma (yet again), acidophilus, Glucosamine/Chondroitin with MSM & collagen, d-mannose. MAJOR flare from Cystoprotek! Re-trying freeze dried aloe vera w/some decent results!

Tried and failed: Elavil, Ultram, Prosed DS, Benadryl, Bentyl, Valium, Ativan, Zanaflex, Librax, Sanctura (all caused retention among other things), bladder instills (owwwwww!), Elmiron (allergic-throat tightening). Failed Interstim-no feeling in sacral nerves...

I'm allergic to penicillan, sulfa, reglan, quinolones, clindamycin, and now LATEX!

Comment

Well, so far we only meet in theory, but if anyone wants to set a date, time and location, I'll be there! I think we agreed it needs to be a weekend day.

Peace, Carolyn

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Group Meeting?

Hi!
                            That's too bad that you all haven't met up yet. Tracy and I are going to try to get together soon since we live in the same town!
                            Where does everyone else live? Where is a good central location? I'm in central jersey (Middletown). Let me know...

Jenny
                            I just started a IC diet/low-oxalate diet blog! http://jennysicparty.blogspot.com/

Comment

I am in Metuchen! Ready to get together practically any time.

Peace, Carolyn
                              ___________________________________________________

On the Beach with IC

Comment

get together

Hi I live near East Brunswick. I would love to meet up. This weekend is bad for me though. Anyone else looking to meet up soon. -C

Comment

Working...
                                X