No announcement yet.

Need a New Doctor

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Need a New Doctor

    Hi All

    Just as I'm feeling better about my IC diagnosis and having a good relationship with my doctor, she has now decided to leave the state to pursue other opportunities.....ahhhhh! So, now I need a new doctor and thought you are all the best people to ask for a recommendation. A doctor can always recommend another doctor but I'm looking for someone who knows about IC. I live in Worcester and work in Boston so a doctor in either area is fine or in between works too. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks so much

    Last edited by Kimcheck; 06-08-2007, 01:44 AM. Reason: no replies

  • #2
    If you haven't found anyone yet, you may want to try Brigham and Womens Urogynocology group. I have had great results with their treatment.
    I was born with one ureta not attached to it's kidney, I've been poked and prodded for so long. I never had "private" parts. I had constant infections and took low dose preventive antibiotics into my teens.

    DX with IC July 1993 after seeing 3 different Uro's and finally switching Primary care doctors and affiliated hospitals.

    I have 2 beautiful daughters, the oldest has been in heaven since she was 14 when she was hit by a car The youngest is 20 now. She has had one UTI. She went into complete panic that she would end up like me. Now she has some idea of what the pain is like. Poor kid has been forced to know where every bathroom in Disney World is.


    • #3
      I saw someone in Natick. MA for 7 years. He is an IC specialist.

      Others in MA: From the ICN Listing

      Theoharis Theoharides, MD, Professor of Pharmacology and Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine, New England Medical Center, Boston, MA. Read Dr. Theo's ICN Guest Lecture Transcript discussing hydroxyzine & algonot.

      Stephen Gagliardi, MD, 300 Hanover Street, Suite 301, Fall River, MA 02720 Phone: (508) 679-7100 - Fax: (508) 679-7740

      David Kelley, MD, Pioneer Valley Urology, 2 Hospital Drive, Holyoke MA 01040 (413)493-1582

      I don't know if this place lists any IC Docs but you could check:

      Maybe some of the other ladies have more and better suggestions that I do.

      Good Luck finding one soon. You could also use the phone book and cold call some urologists in your area and ask if they specialize in treating IC. Does your current Doc have somene who she will refer or reccommend to you after she leaves? She must know some other specialists in IC???

      Last edited by Kara29; 07-10-2007, 02:12 AM.
      Complex Case: Severe IC 1999, Interstim 2001, Endometriosis 2001, End Stage Refractory IC 2002, Bladder Removal (Cystectomy) 2002, Gall Bladder Removal 2005, Infertility 2003, Urethra Removal, Bladder Reconstruction (Urethrectomy/Indiana Pouch) 2006, Celiac Disease 2007, Adhesion Disease 2007, Pudendal Nerve Entrapment, Ovarian Cysts, Vestibulitis, Vulvodynia, Total Vestibulectomy and removal of both Skene's Glands, 2007 and Coccydynia 2007. Fibromyalgia and, Chronic Myofascial Pain Syndrome both in my neck and knees, 2007, PNE Decompression Operation May, 2009.Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Anesthesia Awareness (to awaken during operations)Pudendal Nerve Decompression Surgery, Revrse Uterine Sling, Sept. 2011

      "One hour at a time, this was NOT my American Dream but it has to work out somehow."

      I also have some journals of my journeys, past and some present at: and

      Most of my Journaling now is currently on Facebook. These are old and my ICN Patient story is very old and outdated.