anyone from ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone from ohio

im in toledo but have family near clevelend.
    Diagnosis: IC '09, vulvodynia '10, fructose intolerance '06, GERD '06, fibromyalgia '09, IBS '10 and TMJ '09, PCOS '11, genital herpes '12

Current Meds: Butrans patch, welbutrin, lamictol, geodon, xanax, aldactone, linzess, topimax, trazadone and diflucan as needed.

Meds tried before: Elmiron, elavil, antibiotics, welbutrin, cymbalta, prozac, nerve blocks, instills, nyastatin, flexerol, percocet, naproxen (which was what I was given for pain for years).

Ohio

Hi Ginaaa22,
    I'm also in Ohio... I',m in Columbus and was wondering if anyone else was in Ohio.

Best Wishes,
    Aleet7
    DX'd with IC 5/08
    other Dx's~SVT: had Catheter
    Catheter Ablation Aug 19,2010
    Migraines, PFD, Hypertension,
    Prolapsed Pelvic
    Organs and Degenerative Disc
    Disease, Kidney stones, Insomnia
    Two bulging discs w/tears and osteo
    arthritis in multiple joints in the spine

Current Meds:Elmiron 400 mg per day
    Benicar Hct 40-25mg for Hypertension
    Norvasc 2.5
    Vicoden as needed for pain
    Cymbalta 30 mg
    Prelief
    CystaQ
    Prosed
    Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121
    I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

"Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

I am sort of near Toledo!
      -Pammylynn Rose
      Wishing everyone a pain free bladder day!

Painful symptoms start in May 2011
      Diagnosed with IC in Aug 2011

MEDICATIONS
      Elmiron
      Axert (only for rare migraines)
      Strict IC diet
      Gluten/dairy/egg free diet

Comment

I'm from Cincinnati, but I'm in Minnesota temporarily. This winter I should be back in Ohio.

Comment

Hi Pam,
          it's nice knowing that we IC sisters in Ohio!
          DX'd with IC 5/08
          Prolapsed Pelvic

Norvasc 2.5
          Cymbalta 30 mg
          Prelief
          CystaQ
          Prosed
          Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121
          I will lift up my eyes to the hills from whence comes my help? My help comes from the Lord, Who made heaven and earth.

"Be Kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle"

Comment

Hi akh, how's it going? I'm in Columbus...been here 20 years now!
            DX'd with IC 5/08
            Prolapsed Pelvic

Norvasc 2.5
            Cymbalta 30 mg
            Prelief
            CystaQ
            Prosed
            Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121

Comment

I live in toledo
              Diagnosis: IC '09, vulvodynia '10, fructose intolerance '06, GERD '06, fibromyalgia '09, IBS '10 and TMJ '09, PCOS '11, genital herpes '12

Current Meds: Butrans patch, welbutrin, lamictol, geodon, xanax, aldactone, linzess, topimax, trazadone and diflucan as needed.

Meds tried before: Elmiron, elavil, antibiotics, welbutrin, cymbalta, prozac, nerve blocks, instills, nyastatin, flexerol, percocet, naproxen (which was what I was given for pain for years).

Comment

Hi gina! It's good to know that some fellow Ohioans are here on the board!
                DX'd with IC 5/08
                Prolapsed Pelvic

Norvasc 2.5
                Cymbalta 30 mg
                Prelief
                CystaQ
                Prosed
                Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121

Comment

so where do you guys get your care at? Currently I'm at the university of michigan but I'm returning to the cleveland clinic..

Comment

Originally posted by aleet7 View Post
                    Hi akh, how's it going? I'm in Columbus...been here 20 years now!
                    I miss Ohio and hope to be out of here by winter. I'm going a doctor in MN who is going to do interstim treatments for me this fall.

I learned from my support group in Cincinnati the veterinary researcher who works with IC cats and developed the IC blood test is in Columbus too.

If I go back I'm hoping to go move to Columbus or Cleveland. I'm interested in going to the Cleveland Clinic.

How are you? How's the weather there?

Comment

Its been nice. 80's and no rain. I went to cedar point this last week and it was so much fun.

Comment

Hi Gina,
                        I've gotten care at both U of M medical ctr and Cleveland Clinic! Two weeks ago I got a cystocele repair, uterine suspension and vaginal vault repair at U of M and the service was stellar! I've gotten great care at Cleveland Clinic but my time at U of M medical center was phenomenol! I only flared one day after my surgery and the nurses were on top of the pain! I had a catheter so I didn't have to get out of bed the first day!

Aleet7
                        DX'd with IC 5/08
                        Prolapsed Pelvic

Norvasc 2.5
                        Cymbalta 30 mg
                        Prelief
                        CystaQ
                        Prosed
                        Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121

Comment

The weather in Columbus is great...low 80's lately! I havent' been out in the weather much since my surgery which was exactly 2 weeks ago. I got a bladder sling for a 3rd stage cystocele and some other repairs. I'm not able to pick up anything over 5 pounds for 4-6 weeks.

How are you doing akh?
                          DX'd with IC 5/08
                          Prolapsed Pelvic

Norvasc 2.5
                          Cymbalta 30 mg
                          Prelief
                          CystaQ
                          Prosed
                          Lidoderm Patch

Psalm 121

Comment

I'm getting more sleep at night from help from my GP and a catheter. I'm seeing a uro who is making me do physical therapy until I have interstim done in November. The nice thing about Minnesota is that the doctors take medicine pretty seriously here and are very nice. The Mayo Clinic is here and I have liked the doctors I've had here. Even emergency room doctors have been nice about my IC here- I've lived in three other states than Ohio and MN and this is a first.

Otherwise, I don't think I'll be staying up here. I'm used to living in Ohio. I just have to get my body under control.

One benefit of being here has been meeting people with other autoimmune/neurological diseases and hearing their stories, which are like ours. From this I learned about advances made in fibromyalgia and CFS. Learning about the finding of a retrovirus in CFS, FMS, atypical multiple sclerosis, Sjogrens and Chronic Lyme diseases.

The funny thing is that new retrovirus was found by Dr. Robert Silverman at the Cleveland Clinic in prostate cancer cells in 2007. We have some great research going on in Ohio.

In the meantime I'm here in MN. My insurance is better here, so I'm having to stay. We'll see what happens.

My pain is pretty bad right now, but I try to keep busy to keep my mind off of it. I'm glad to hear the weather is nice back in Ohio. I will miss the fall colors this year, but I'll get to have an Ohio spring!

Comment

I am in Columbus too (I live in Westerville). I do have have near Toledo (Tiffin). I went to the Cleveland Clinic for a while until I got into Dr. Caputo who is a Uro-gyno in Columbus. I waited 8 months for an appt. So far good experience with her.

Comment

Working...
                              X