anyone from ohio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone from ohio

I live near Akron, but I go to a doctor in Canton cause I am newly diagnosed. The doctor in Akron wanted me to wait too long for an appointment. But we might move to Cbus or out of this state. lol
    ----
    Diagnosed Nov 14 via hydro with cysto
    --
    Tried and Didn't work:
    -Hydrodistension
    -Oxybutinin, Troviaz, Vesicare, Cyrotec, Trumadol, cimedidine, myrbetriq, sancuria, imetidine
    -Tried DMSO instill twice and could not hold it for more than 15 min. Put me in 10/10 pain for days.
    -Tried Elmiron
    -Pelvic floor therapy for 2 months Returned this month
    -Interstim Advanced Trial, Pudendal Interstim Trial
    -Gabapentin cream for VV
    - Botox in the pelvic floor & Bladder, Pudendal Nerve Block

Tried and did work:
    elavil for pain only 25mg a night
    Trying: psychological therapy, doxepin 25mg at night
    Diagnosed:
    PFD, Vulvar vestibulitis, IC

Comment

Columbus ohio here!

Comment

Hi! I am from Ohio near Dayton area. Diagnosed with IC over a year ago. Good to know I am not alone here.
        Robin

Other Conditions: IBS, Osteoarthritis, Neuropathy, Asthma, 3 bulging discs in my back (Cervical, Thoracic & Lumbar), Arms & Leg tremors, Shooting nerve pain through my feet and legs (they think these are from medications), Vitamin D deficiency

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm from the Lima area. I moved up here two years ago to be with the man of my dreams, I had no idea I would find the doctors of my worst nightmares. Currently in traveling to Sidney, I like this urologist so far, I have a hydro scheduled within the next week or so. I am praying I have found the one good urologist, I absolutely love my nephrologist. I moved here from Cincinnati and I enjoyed all the best doctors. I have been in one flare after another and it sucks. So if anyone knows of any good doctors please please please let me know.
          Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today - James Dean

Comment

Hello Buckeye's I live in Amelia which is east of Cincinnati and have been living with IC since 2008. I meet with my IC group every other month and we just met this past Thursday 7/23/15. I am a 58 year old male and most of our group is female. Any other guys out there in Ohio?😀

Comment

Hello Fellow Buckeyes! I live about a half an hour north of Columbus out in the countryside. Just wanted to give info on a support group I just found out about in Ohio. I love this forum and it has been such an enormous help to me. However, I was hoping to find others with IC that I could talk to and get some advice from in person (IC can be lonely ). I just found out there is a support group that has meetings in Columbus! I'm planning on going this next month. I think it's on the 13th of September. I just Googled 'IC support group Columbus Ohio' and found a website. Then I sent off an email to see if the meetings were still going on (didn't look like the website had been updated recently). I got a very nice response from a woman who gave the specifics on the next meeting and can't wait to go check it out. Hoping to find some kindred-spirits! Just wanted to pass this info on.
              Take care,
              Kathy
              Diagnosed:
              IBS-D: 1997
              Premature Ovarian Failure: 2008
              Completely Menopausal: 2014 (age 39)
              IC: 2015

Treatments:
              Colestipol HCL: amazing for IBS-D
              Minivelle: estrogen patch
              Prometrium: oral progesterone to start period
              Tramadol: 1/2-50 mg. as needed for pain
              Xanax: 2.5 mg. as needed for anxiety
              Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy & Massage: Yay!
              5% Lidocaine: for urethral & vaginal pain
              Ice packs: helps soooo much!
              Stopped letting doctors mess around with my bladder! No more invasive procedures for me...only made things worse!

This is all definitely hormone related...bladder discomfort and pain is very minimal now!

Comment

Hello Ohioans. Just checking back in. I have found a pelvic floor therapist who specializes in this work in Columbus. If anyone needs a name please let me know. Hopefully there's been healing where you've sought.

Comment

Hi elh777,
                  I also have found a wonderful PT in Columbus...well actually Westerville. I wonder if it's the same person.
                  Take care,
                  Kathy
                  Diagnosed:
                  IBS-D: 1997
                  Premature Ovarian Failure: 2008
                  Completely Menopausal: 2014 (age 39)
                  IC: 2015

Treatments:
                  Colestipol HCL: amazing for IBS-D
                  Minivelle: estrogen patch
                  Prometrium: oral progesterone to start period
                  Tramadol: 1/2-50 mg. as needed for pain
                  Xanax: 2.5 mg. as needed for anxiety
                  Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy & Massage: Yay!
                  5% Lidocaine: for urethral & vaginal pain
                  Ice packs: helps soooo much!
                  Stopped letting doctors mess around with my bladder! No more invasive procedures for me...only made things worse!

This is all definitely hormone related...bladder discomfort and pain is very minimal now!

Comment

Working...
                  X