X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arkansas

anyone from little rock arkansas area?

Hi Bunny,

I am from Harrison Arkansas. I recently moved from Houston Texas. I have been to Little Rock to see Dr. Brizzolara. He is a wonderful doctor!

Comment

Hi! I am from Clarksville Arkansas. (Between Ft. Smith and Conway ) I noticed that Dr. Brizzolara is listed on the National Registry for Dr.'s that treat IC. I am seeing Dr. Brown in Russellville, he dx me with IC at the end of Dec 2004. alon1

Comment

Hi. My names whitney and i'm from Ft.smith, Arkansas. I've had The symptoms of IC as long as i can remember but i just got diagnosed in September 2003. I'm 18 years old. How much do you guys doctors bills cost a month? and are any of you in a support group in arkansas? Because i would really like to join one. .
        whitney
        *~* Whitney Spears *~*

Comment

Arkansas

Hi! Well, My doctor bills are high because I have a high deductible to meet on my insurance. Right now, I am trying to work some. I am the director at our daycare. I hired an acting director, so I just do payroll and some paper work. My husband has 3 jobs is a pastor, works at Tyson as a Chaplain and also right now is working at a Tax Return Place. He is the reason we can afford the Dr. bills, and the medicine. I don't know of a support group around here (close to Clarksville). I have thought about starting one maybe later. I am just trying to get back on my feet from a flare right now. Looking back I think that I have had IC most of my life. I was always in the Dr.'s office for a "UTI" when I was a little girl, and through my teens, twenties, and up until December 2004.

alon1

Comment

When i first got diagnosed i was able to go to the doctor at any time that i needed to because i was on my parents insurance.. well i got married in november and now i cant afford it. My husband and me are both working our butts off just to get by and he doesnt have insurance yet. So i cant afford to go to the doctor. But my mother was in my Urologists office like 2 weeks ago with my grandma and the nurse said that i could come in and put a down payment down of like 10-20 dollars and then just pay it off .. so i might do that. And i applied for medicare for my medicine and they approved me and i'll be getting a walgreens drug card thing in the mail in the next couple of days. So im happy about that. But i just hate that theres no one who understands what im gonig through at home. I really want to go to support group meetings. I think it would help me alot but theres none in arkansas.. that i know of. I cant find one anyways. I have been having flare ups constantly since december and i dont know what to do about it. I've tried alot of different things.. changing the food i eat, taking hot baths, drinking lots of water, not having sex as much. It just seems like nothing helps. I know i sound depressing but i've just been in ALOT of pain lately and i just am getting down. Any advice as to how to keep it positive?
            Whitney
            *~* Whitney Spears *~*

Comment

Keeping it Positive

I don't have any magic advice, but I do know that when you are in so much pain all the time, things can seem hopeless. I'm sorry that you don't have the support you need at home, even though I have great support at home, I'm really don't think they truly understand how miserable you can feel most days. Getting the right treatment is critical, the payment plan sounds like a great idea. I'm here if you need to talk, I usually check the message board a few times a day. I will check into how to start a group here in Clarksville in the next week or two. If you are interested, maybe we could meet sometime after I get the info on how to start a group. If not that's ok, I'll still be here to talk. I hope you are feeling better today. Nola

Comment

im so upset

Some bad news- I dont qualify for the medicare walgreens prescription assistance program because i dont have a medicare card.. just a medicaid one. I'm so upset right now and its making my stomach hurt real bad
                I dont know how im going to get my medicine but i have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow *how im gonna pay for it, i dont know* at 9:15 AM so im gonna haev to take off work in the morning. Hope they dont mind
                Anyways, just thought i would share that with you guys
                *~* Whitney Spears *~*

Comment

Bad News

I'm so sorry about your bad news. I hope your dr. appt goes ok tomorrow. Maybe your dr. has some sample meds to give you. Nola

Comment

The boss's at work didnt mind about me taking off work in the morning. Thank god. I really didnt need the stress from that added to everything else. I found some phenazopyrid that my doctor had prescribed me a long time ago and took one of those tonight. Hopefully it'll help a little bit. I also have been taking sleeping pills to try to sleep at night so i dont get up 5,000 times and go to the bathroom. Does birth control make certain medicines not work? I've always wondered that and never asked.. so i figured i would ask. I've been on birth control since may 2003.. when i was 16. I got on it for my periods cuz they were just soo bad .. at the time i thought it was just my periods but come to find out my IC triggered most of the pain i had during my period.. but i switched birth control back in august cuz i couldnt afford the $35 a month for the Yasmin.. so now im on ortho tricyclin.. however u spell it. Anyways, i just wanted to tell all of you guys that i really appreciate what you guys do for me.. even though i've never met any of you ..i love you guys like you're my family. You guys give me so much support and comfort and guidance that i dont know what i'd do without you guys. Thank you for everything. It means the world to me.
                    *~* Whitney Spears *~*

Comment

Hot Springs Arkansas here
                      Angela aka sleepyangel30

Comment

The doctors appointment went good... he put me on elavil for the pain and he gave me alot of good advice. :o).. and he told me i should buy the book "the interstitial cystitis survival guide".. i recommend that to everyone. Its been pretty helpful so far. Also the visit only cost $46!!! I was so glad cuz i really couldnt afford too much more. Well i'm gonna go lay down and try to get some sleep. Hope you guys have a good night and a good day tomorrow! :o)
                        *~* Whitney Spears *~*

Comment

Hey, Ya'all! I didn't know there were so many of us in Arkansas!! I'm in Mountain Home.

Let's get together!!! I have 2 bathrooms in my house. LOL! Michelle

Comment

i havent got the time to get online lately. I've been busy working and moving. I've been feeling alot better though. .. havent been having as many flairs.Hope you guys are having a good day.
                            *~* Whitney Spears *~*

Comment

Hey!!! just reading threw the post & noticed this one. I was just watching the 60 Minutes program here in Australia & they had a story on A govouner there ( sorry carn't remember his name , ops) Anyway it was about how he had lost so much weight & done this thing where all the children in schools had to be wieghed & measured, because there is such a promblem with over wieght children in the world now.
                              Anyway I was taking alot of notice when they said Arkansas because I knew there was a few people from there on this site. So I got to see a little bit of your town tonight.. Cool hey.
                              Ok that it from me Take care
                              Andrea

Comment

Working...
                              X