Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2003 BLACK OUT

Hi everyone,
    I was one of the millions of people that was in the black out that made history. It was the largest black out ever recorded, in the united states. I made it thru ok, it sure was a very hot night and a long one at that, there was no electricty from 4 pm Thusday till 410 pm Friday, still friday night there were thousands still with out... I hope you all made it thru this ok....
    Hugs
    Brat
    'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Hi Cindy,
    The blackout has been quite an experience for all of us! Our power did not come on until Saturday morning, and we had no water the whole time. I felt so grubby yesterday that I had to go to a friends house to shower. I think that we are all very spoiled and take many things for granted. Some of it was kind of fun to see. We had neighbors cooking outside on their BBQ's to use up food before it spoiled. Everyone joined in and there was a nice community spirit. I think that we will all be telling our blackout stories for a long time. Hope everyone survived it all okay!

Comment

Oh yes-here's a good one!

We went to Detroit for my husband's annual golf outing (all union electricians) and it happened to be that the second to last night we lost power. Being that we were in a hotel and we have a small child, hubby decided he didn't want to make all of us suffer in the heat, with not much to do. (You can only play Scrabble so many times before you hurl it out the window.) So at 9:30 p.m. we pack up and get the heck outta there. The hotel next to us, also without power, was home to about 200 electricians that week for the tournament. Hubby decided to stop there on the way home to let them know we were leaving and he would not be golfing the next day. He walks into the hotel, which was completley lit up on the first floor! Everyone was drinking and playing cards. Turns out those guys decided to run back to their shop and get some temporary lighting so theyy could make the most of the night.
      Jen

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on" -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Hi Cindy,
        We were part of the "Blackout" also but you know you and I are not that far from one another. Our power was restored around 6-7 p.m. Friday. Every doggone city around us was on before us We were waiting and waiting. The hardest part was when we had no water for a few hours....My family was so ill prepared for this...Our gas tank was on empty, we dont carry cash and we had no water....lesson for me to be prepared...My almost 9 year old says "Dont worry Mommy and Daddy I have 7 dollars" We made it through by playing games and laughing at ourselves get irritable...Oh how spoiled we are..... so glad its over.... lmao

Comment

Hey gals it was very interesting to read everyone stories of the blackout, glad every one on the board is reconnected now, does make for some interesting stories, hugs for everyone Iris grouphug
          Today and every day you are loved, so don't be anxious about tomorrow, God will take care of you tomorrow; Live one day at a time.

Comment

Hi It was great reading your stories. I know that New York got hit bad with the black out. I live in MA and up in the western part of the state, they lost power, they are near the new york line. Glad everyone is safe and back online. Thanks again for sharing.
            Hang in there , There is hope.
            There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Working...
            X