Anyone from Arkansas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from Arkansas?

Hi! Is anyone out there from Arkansas? To my knowledge there is not a support group in the entire state. It would be nice to start one even if we only met once in a while for people who had to travel to meet with us. Let me know if you are interested or know of a group that is already established.

Thanks!
    Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

DX: IC - November 2002 after hysterectomy
    Interstim implanted March 2006 - died May 2011
    Interstim replacement June 2011
    Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.
    Docs: Pain management doc, urologist, family practice

Not from Arkansas, but there annually! What part are you in? We get to Mountain home eveyr summer. My hubby's family is there and he grew up there. Hope to move there in the future. Michelle in KC
    hi hi hi hi hi

Comment

I am about 2 hours east of Mountain Home. We moved to Arkansas from Topeka about 6 years ago! I know exactly where Bonner Springs is. Some people in our church had family there. I loved going to KC and eating at the Macaronni Grill! Of course that was before I had IC, too. Let me know when you are going to be out this way. It would be fun to meet and exchange stories.
      Live life to the fullest day to day. The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time!

Meds: Pain meds, muscle relaxer, cystex, and marcaine bladder instills as needed.

Comment

I am from Arkansas. I live around the Little Rock area. I go to a Dr. in Memphis, because I couldn't find a good one here. Have you found a good dr. in Arkansas?

Comment

I have a wonderful doctor in Little Rock. IC is his specialty - he understands the pain, the treatments and the frustration! His name is Dr. John Brizzolara. He is in with Arkansas Urology. I go once a week for DMSO treatments with him. He told me that as far as he is concerned with my IC - I am driving the boat and he is just here to make sure we don't get off course. In other words he is open to new treatments and actually listens to me!! I actually found him on this website under the Find a Physician link. Do you have a support group or know of one anywhere around? I live 1 hour and 20 minutes from Little Rock. Good luck and let me know if you go see him.

Comment

Working...
          X