Studies on elmiron in AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studies on elmiron in AR

Does anyone know of any medical studies on elmiron in Arkansas? I would like to find one to participate in.
    peace

Hi there! I was thinking that I've seen a section on this site that list current IC studies going on. Or maybe something was listed about studies in the IC newsleter.

I'm in Illinois and there is a Urology study place that occasionaly conducts bladder studies. Perhaps you could check for such a place in your area that conducts studies. Or call some urology offices to see if they know of any. Maybe even a Internet seach would work.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance!

Veronica

Comment

eek After reading about peoples hair falling out while they were on Elmiron, I'm afraid to suggest it to my Uro. I'm from Ar. though. LOL grouphug

Comment

That was my big fear, too, but keep in mind that only happened to 3-4% of people taking it. The rest kept all their hair. wink
        Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

I was on elmiron and my hair started getting thin.. I had several side effects with it too.. I don't take anymore.. I got where I could not sleep.. at all. felt sick all the time.. I have had it instilled in my bladder once and I don't know if it helped or not.. I just try not to think about my ic and all.. I just keep a posative mind all the time and keep pushing myself. I don't want to let it take over my life. But sometimes it gets the better of me.. But I just keep fighting it..
          janets

Comment

I am on Elmiron and had some hair lose but not enough for any one but myself notice..I have been on it for over 2 years and seem to be doing well
            Brat
            'The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.'

Comment

Working...
            X