Are there any other South Carolinians here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any other South Carolinians here

I'm interested to know if there are any other SC'ers here. I live near Greenville, SC.

I live near Spartanburg.

Comment

I am 23 and I live in Easley. I am having the hardest time finding a doctor who truly cares and one will treat my pain without "labeling" me. I am so miserable and feel alone. Any suggestions.

Comment

I am not sure if coming to Spartanburg is an option for you but Dr. William Kerfoot is awesome. He jumps right in to try to get relief for you because he understands how much IC affects your quality of life. Good luck. I know how it feels. My body started turning on me when I was 25 and now I am 34 and feel like my life is over.

Comment

I have an appointment at the end of April with Doctor Bozeman who is also in Spartanburg. I have not really heard much about her. I am at my wits end with doctors. None of the ones I have been to understand.

Comment

Dr. Bozeman is in the same practice as Dr. Kerfoot. I have a friend who sees her and loves her but I have never met her myself.

Comment

Hi massagefever! I work in Spartanburg each Monday. I do child support enforcement for foster care children.

Comment

Originally posted by Meltonk200524 View Post
                I am 23 and I live in Easley. I am having the hardest time finding a doctor who truly cares and one will treat my pain without "labeling" me. I am so miserable and feel alone. Any suggestions.
                I live in Easley!!!!!! I see Dr. Maddox Flemming at Carolina Continence Center. He seems to know his stuff, just has a pitiful bedside manner... I live near the White Horse Rd. / Saluda Dam Rd. How about you?

Comment

I know it won.'t help you because of the distance since i am in Myrtle Beach, but I go to Dr. K at Grand Strand Urology. He is the one of diagnosed me, and attempts to do what he can in order for me to get relief. I also currently go to MUSC for Dr. Rames in Mt. Pleasant. Both seem fairly compassionate.
                  Diagnosed in 2005.
                  Currently take Tramadol 50 mg, Amtryptiline 25 mg, and Hydroxizine 50mg at bedtime. Also take Pyridiium or Ultira-C on a rotating basis, and Gelnique as needed as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Meltonk200524 View Post
                    So, sorry you are going through this at such a young age!
                    I live in Easley also! I am currently seeing Shannon Gibson at Palmetto Greenville Urology. Have you been there?

Comment

I have had IC for 15 years and am in Myrtle Beach. I thought in a populated area like this that there would be some support groups or at least some other ICers to talk with. This is a great web site, isn't it? I just pray for a cure. Would love to hear from anyone.
                      Karen

Comment

I am in Columbia, SC. I have heard some good things about the other doctors mentioned here. Glad to read it is true. Nice to meet you all.
                        eeyorefan82
                        ICN Member
                        Last edited by eeyorefan82; 07-08-2013, 09:37 PM.
                        For a cure...
                        Take: Elmiron, baclofen, sanctura, instills, biotin, and uribel.

Comment

Re: Are there any other South Carolinians here

Hey
                          I go to college in Columbia! I go home to Greenville for Dr appts though.
                          Do you know of any informal IC groups in Columbia? There's nothing in the official list.

Comment

Hey....

I am from the Spartanburg area and have had a hard time finding someone willing to work with me, I have other medical issues that further complicate things, so I have been referred to a Dr. Robert Evans in Winston-Salem NC.....
                            I too, have looked around to see if there is any kind of local "chapter" where people can go meet and have the opportunity to meet others who face the same challenges; but I haven't been able to find anything. I have been homebound for the past year because my condition has just deteriorated despite everything, so many times I feel alone and isolated....unfortunately, at least for me, I've lost a lot of friends. It would be nice to get to know some people in my area and have some friends again!
                            Current Medications:
                            Elmiron
                            AZO (prn)
                            Ibuprofen (prn)
                            At home installations: heparin and Marcaine and Saline
                            Bladder Gel: compound of Ketamine, diazepam, and Baclofen
                            Percocet (prn)
                            Just started taking Aloe capsules, bought from Natural Healh Food Store
                            Parsely Tea

Been going to the YMCA to the pool to walk in pool; the steam room seems to really relax my pelvic muscles, well my whole body really

Comment

I see Dr. Kerfoot at Urology Center of Spartanburg and he is awesome. He does only treat the IC so I have to see a neurologist for my fibromyalgia and migraine headaches. He's pretty good too. ..short wait times. ...spends more than two mins with me. He is Dr. Potes. Not sure what other issues you are facing. I know its hard for me to keep friends too because the pelvic floor pain makes it hard for me to sit up for very long. But we can always chat.

Comment

Working...
                              X