Anyone from Sioux Falls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone from Sioux Falls?

There is a slight possibility I might be getting a job in Sioux Falls. What is the climate for IC patients in SF? Any support groups?
    Thanks,
    ~Julia (48, F)

Diagnosed with arthritis (2009), IC (2010 - symptoms since November 2007), & pre-diabetic (2017), TMJ/TMD (2019)

Diet Modifications: IC diet
    Currently exploring how to align diabetic nutrition and IC diet (08/2017)

I am in Sioux Falls but don't know if there are support groups for IC here. I'll try and remember to ask when I am at doctors next. For doctors, Sanford has 2 urogynecologists and Avera has 1.

Comment

I live in Sioux Falls. My urologist is Janet E. Smith, apparently people come from Minnesota and other states to get in with her.

Feel pretty blessed to have gotten such a great urologist from the get-go.
      Diagnosed with IC when I was 14 (in 2003)
      Diagnosed with IBS when I was 19 (in 2008)
      -At 14 had a cystoscopy with hydrodistention (confirmed IC, after only 3 months of searching)
      -At 19 I had another cystoscopy with hydrodistention (because of elmiron side effects)
      -From when I was 14 to 19 I was on Elmiron, but had a lot of side effects
      -Had a colonoscopy (because of elmiron side effects) - after which I was diagnosed with IBS.
      -Did instills weekly for over a year (after that I got chronic uti's)
      -Thought I was in remission for a few years, however several of the uti's I thought I was getting were actually bad IC flares, and the urgent care drs never told me nothing was growing out in the culture.
      -Medications that I'm taking right now that help with IC symptoms:
      -hydroxyzine hcl 25mg
      -amitriptyline hcl 35mg
      -Cyclosporine (unmodified) 400mg (dosage subject to change)
      Overall I have IC, IBS, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Recurrent bladder infections, and some menstrual issues as well.

-Brandy

Comment

I am in Sioux Falls and was wondering opinions on Dr.'s here. I go to a urogyno at Sanford, and he diagnosed be with IC first, then vulvodynia, and then urethral syndrome. Then he said they were all the the same thing really. I just feel like he's guessing. I got an appt. with Janet Smith's nurse practitioner. Has anyone had any luck with Sanford, Avera, or Janet Smith?

Comment

Working...
        X