Urologist in Orlando, Florida area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urologist in Orlando, Florida area

I am looking for a Urologist in the Orlando, Florida area.....Is there anyone that lives in central Fl that has a Uro that KNOWS about IC??
    Any help would be helpfull. I tried finding the patient handbook for physicians...but have NO idea where to find this info.

Thanks
    Pam
    Think on those things that are true, pure, just and honest
    Then~ You will have perfect peace~

To find a physician, go to the main IC Network page at http://www.ic-network.com --- you'll find the link there. I also encourage you to explore other areas of the site.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Orlando doctor

Pam:

Dr. Patel is located in Winter Park, FL and is pretty good. I live in Central Florida also and am trying to find any other icers for a possible support group. Let me know if you need any other information.

Comment

Urologist

Cindy, have you personally been to this dr?? If so.........is he knowlegable about IC???
        Where in Fl do you live?? I'm in Eustis....near Mt. Dora.....let me know if your close enough for us to consider a support group!

Thanks for responding
        Pam

Comment

Pam:

Yes I have been and continue to go to this doctor. I live near Cocoa Beach, FL. I am very interested in meeting others with IC.

Comment

Urologist

Cindy, how informed is this dr about IC?? What does he do for you as far as treatment???
            I had a Uro when I moved here to Fl a year ago..and he is the biggest jerk I have ever met....so needless to say..I now have NO uro.and have had IC for 11 yrs now and disabled because of it. I have had 19 Hydro/cystos done...that is about all that works for me to brig my pain level to somewhat *tolerable*...I have had the DSMO and other instills, Elmiron and other meds...and I just can't tolerate any of it....I have severe reactions to everything
            I am not sure where Cocoa Beach is from me......do you know???
            You can email me personally if you [email protected] we can chat if you want.
            Thanks
            Pam

Comment

hello pam

e mail me. i have miised you.

SueC
              [email protected]

Comment

I saw Dr. Melcer , and he diagnosed me.

Comment

In melbourne, FL

I went to Dr. **** but was really disappointed. After a hydro to sufficiently rediagnose my 7-year condition (he required before treating me) he said I had a mild case but he didn't recommend meds but rather we should look into implanting an interstim. I looked it up and thought this was outrageous -- he says I'm mild and in the same sentence wants to perform a surgery that's supposedly for the most severe cases who didn't respond to anything else. This was so unrealistic!

I felt really powerless, angry and confused; plus like I had wasted a lot of months! I cried the entire hour and a half back home. I didn't go back which left me back at square one.

Too bad because he seemed very knowledgeable.

Laura D.
                  Last edited by ICNDonna; 01-12-2006, 01:19 AM. Reason: Negative comment about specific physician.
                  Laura D. in Florida

Share your poems and art about living with IC, and your IC-friendly recipes at www.art4ic.com

IC since 1994: primarily utilize herbal/natural treatments due to intolerance to many medications. Daily: Marshmallow Root Tea, Hormones, Cystoprotek, Desert Harvest Aloe Vera, Claritin, and relatively strict adherence to IC Diet.

Comment

My amazing urogyn just moved from Atlanta to Tampa. His name is Dr. Stuart Hart. He is very knowledgable about IC. He let me do bladder instills at home. He is still listed under the Georgia docs portion of the Physicians listings, but I do have his new contact info in Tampa if you would like it.

Comment

I am seeing a new uro on monday..... will let you central fla folks know how it goes... he was recommended by a nurse friend of mine... crossing fingers.
                      It's about the journey, not the destination.

Comment

uro????

Cindy, I thought you were going to try the woman uro in Orlando????
                        If you don't mind me asking..........who is the dr that was recommended to you??
                        I have had 3 bad experiences with uro's here.....so if it any one of them....I would stay away!

Pam

Comment

ref: Dr.

Pam:

I was seeing Patel but stopped b/c he would not extend my trazodone given to me by a previous urologist. I am now seeing Dr. Dobkin in Orlando. When I first went the wait was not long. The last few times I have had appointments I have had to wait 30-1 hr past appt. time. He is good though. Utlimately I am hoping to find a good Dr. in Brevard. I also have an interstim implant so I have to find a urologist who also does that surgery and has medtronic representatives come out for lead adjustments.

Good luck!

Comment

Good Luck

[SIZE="3"]Cindy, I wish you luck with whatever dr you have chosen!

Pam B

Comment

Cindy,
                              Where do you live? I live in Brevard County as well, Merritt Island to be exact.

Hugs,
                              Barb
                              (Babs passed away in April 2009. We honor her memory and remember her fondly. - Jill O. ICN President & Founder)

[SIZE="1"]Proud mama of a gift named Lindsey who taught me through her autism what is important in life:angel:
                              :angel: IC Angel Volunteer Coordinator :angel:
                              :) Contact me via PM or e-mail if you would like to help
                              I have learned all about life in 3 words: It goes on! :D--Robert Frost
                              PCOS 7/85
                              RSD 7/94 :headbang:
                              Endometriosis 9/98 :toilet:
                              Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome 9/99
                              Kidney stones--too many to count
                              Factor V Leiden mutation 10/02
                              IC 6/03 :evilsmile
                              Deep Venous Thrombosis and Cellulitis 12/05 :loco: DVT and Greenfield Placed 3/14/08
                              "Spirit is an invisible force made visible in all of life"--Maya Angelou
                              "Ohana means family--no one gets left behind or forgotten." Stitch[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X