Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knoxville, TN. Support Group

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know that our next speaker will be Dr. Robert Moldwin. He wrote the book "The Interstitial Cystitis Survival Guide". Wanted to give everyone plenty of notice and I will be doing a reminder also. He is coming June 12th at 7pm. We will be meeting in the Wood Auditorium at the University of Tennessee Hospital as it is a larger meeting room than our regular one. Please tell everyone and bring anyone that wants to hear an excellent speaker. If you live a little bit away from Knoxville, it would be worth your time to come hear him. He spoke last year and his presentation was excellent and I am hoping to learn some new things this time.
    take care and hope to meet some of you there

Hello,

I live in Nashville but my parents live in Tazewell. So i'm up there every chance I get. I hope i get to attend. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I sure hope you can come. Would love to meet you. You will learn so much from listening to Dr. Moldwin. It will be well worth your time and effort.
      hugs

Comment

Just a reminder about our support group meeting on June 12th. Hope everyone can come. We are even going to have refreshments, IF I can figure out what to serve!!!!
        hugs
        brianna

Comment

Pertaining to the 6/12 speaker on IC at UT. Is there a cost? Can anyone come?
          Bonnie age/27

Comment

Any one is welcome and it is free. It does cost a dollar to park in the hospital parking lot.
            We are gonna have refreshments also.
            Hope you can come
            Brianna

Comment

I would love to attend this meeting although I live 200 miles from Knoxville. Brianna could you call me at 800-938-8244 or email me at [email protected] I would like some directions, etc. Thanks, Carole Williams

Comment

faycarole,
                I was on vacation and just got your e-mail. I tried the 800# yesterday but have to have an access code to call you. I will just e-mail you at home
                sorry
                brianna

Comment

I hope everyone can make the meeting. It is not very often you will get an opportunity to hear Dr. Moldwin speak!!!

Thanks
                  brianna

Comment

Hey,

I'm sorry I missed it. I was planning on making the drive from Nashville but i moved to Tazewell to be close to my parents and actually work 10 minutes from UT and forgot all about it. Did you learn anything new?

Kenzy

Comment

I learned about the pepper thing deadening the nerve endings. I am gonna have to ask my dr about that but Dr. Moldwin thinks it is a promising treatment. I listened but since I am the support group leader, I was so busy with everything else, I didn't get to just relax and enjoy as much as everyone else. He is very hopeful and sees promise in finding a cure!!

I learned that Dr. Moldwin thinks valium helps his patients bladders more than anything. He prescribes it alot!! He said that if you are having a flare a dr should always give you pain meds if you need them. He said for a uro to not prescribe pain meds when needed was unacceptable!! I was glad to hear how compassionate he was. He knows that we have a hard time and if I lived in NY, he would be my dr for sure!!
                      hugs

Comment

Working...
                      X