ATTENTION...ATLANTA.. AREA !!!!!!!! HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATTENTION...ATLANTA.. AREA !!!!!!!! HELP

I really need some help here... folks !!!!!
    I trully believe that my stepdaughter, Rachel has this decease (IC).
    She gets abaut 7-10 UTI'S a year, has constand backpain and urinates allot.The Doc's have her on costand antibiatics like Cypro banghead She says that sometimes, she feels like her bladder is about to explode (she has such pressure) and then when she finally goes, only a trickle comes out eek
    Her mother told me that she has been having these proplems since she was abaut 11 years old..she is 14 now.
    My huppy's EX and I get along just fine and I enjoy having Rachel come visit us here in Destin, Florida. They both know abaut my IC and I have given Debbie ( Rachels mom) some lititure abaut IC.
    They live in Atlanta and Debbie has been running from one Doctor, Uro, pedeactric(sp) to another scream
    They all want to do more x-rays, Urinestrips,bloodtests...blah, blah,blah....she had all of those done allready and if Debbie mentiond anything abaut IC...the Dr's say...oh no, she is to young, she doesn't have IC etc.
    Debbie is lost, I am ****** and Rachel is in pain and in need of a good URO in the Atlanta area !!!!!!!!!! cussing
    Please help......Thank you
    christine
    I promise not to laugh... if you promise not to cry

---------------------------------
    Christine .....The GERMAN GIRL ( who can't spell )

Hi Christine,

The urologist I just started going to is J. Gilbert Foster MD. at Emory Clinic Crawford Long in downtown Atlanta. He's familiar with IC and seems to be up-to-date on the latest treatments, etc. Another urologist I know who is really good, very supportive etc is Walter Falconer MD. (I stopped going to him because my insurance didn't cover him, but I liked him so much.) Another ICNer from the Atlanta area, Nicole, may have some recommendations too.

Sounds like you're a good and supportive stepmom!
    Namaste

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

"The most important medicine is tender love and care" - Mother Teresa

Proud mother of Ahleia, born on April 9, 2007

-----------------------
    Diagnosed with:
    IC, OAB, Congenital urethral stricture, IBS, Vulvar vestibulitis, Heart murmur, Congenital cervical stenosis...but otherwise doing great!

Meds:
    Currently in remission, but took the following for 3 years: Elmiron 200 mg., Elavil 25 mg., Detrol LA 4mg, Ovcon-35

Health treatments/practices:
    Kripalu yoga, Chiropractic, Massage therapy and Reiki

Comment

I live in Montgomery, AL. I found Dr. Foote in Atlanta, GA and she is at Midtown Urology. She is very up to date on the latest technology. She put the Interstim Implant in me, however, the Interstim is not working for me. She was in a magazine a couple of years ago as one of the best Uro's in the United States. Good luck!!!
      Kristi
      A Christian Surviving IC,
      Kristi

"And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love." Cor: 13:13

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{{{Christine}}}}}}}}}}}} I will be praying for you and your step-daughter Debbie that she will be able to find the help and that they can you both the answers that you are looking for. Please keep posting. I am from MA, your post touched my heart. Hang in there. There's hope. You sound so good. Hugs to both of you. grouphug grouphug grouphug
        Hang in there , There is hope.
        There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

I just wanted to add that I have been seeing Dr. Roach since early 2002. She is one of only 2 female urologists in Georgia with advanced training. I really prefer a female doc myself.

The only drawback is that her practice is large and busy. I have not had problems getting an appointment, but it can be hard to get someone to speak to you on the phone about meds or other questions.

Good luck!
          Nicole

Comment

Dr. Thomas Schoborg in Atlanta is the only Urologist i would trust with my IC. He is next to Godly when it comes to patients and understanding this disease.
            http://www.atlantaurological.com/

Comment

I GO TO DR GARCIA IN RIVERDALE. HE'S WITH ATLANTA UNROLOGICAL CLINIC ON UPPER RIVERDALE ROAD. I'VE BEEN GOING TO HIM FOR 18 YEARS AND HAVE JUST BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH IC IN MAY. HE IS REALLY NICEAND HIS NAME APPEARS ON THE IC LIST OF DOCTORS WHO WILL TREAT IC.

Comment

Thank you ALL !!!!!!!
                I will do some more research on these URO'S
                and then send the info to my stepdaughter Rachel and her mother Debbie.
                Again, thanks for all the replys grouphug kissing
                Christine
                I promise not to laugh... if you promise not to cry

---------------------------------
                Christine .....The GERMAN GIRL ( who can't spell )

Comment

Working...
                X