Any type of meeting in GA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any type of meeting in GA?

Does anybody know of any group meetings in Georgia?

Hi!

Mommajane!

Where are you in Georgia? I'm in Aiken SC!
    It would be nice to meet with someone and share and support!
    Hugs,
    Mare Mare

Comment

I am in rossville,ga and would LOVE TO MEET.

Comment

I would also like to meet up with some people! I live in Kennesaw, GA.
        "Give what you have. To someone else it may be better than you dare to think."
        -Longfellow

History of IC, Vulvodynia, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, Polycystic Ovaries, and Cyst's on my Spine.
        Update as of 6/27/07- Endo, Adenomyosis & Polycystic Ovaries are gone because I had a Hysterectomy in May of 2005! Still battling IC and what was thought to be Vulvodynia, now thought to be PNE.
        Meds: Paxil 40 for IC, Clonazepam 1 for Restless Leg Syndrome, Seroquel 100 for Bipolar, and pain pills as needed.

You can find more info on me here:
        www.bellaperlina.etsy.com
        www.bellaperlina.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi Hillary!

I live in Cartersville. I would also be interested in meeting with some fellow IC'ers in GA. Have you ever gone to the IC support group meetings at Cartersville Medical center? I have not gone it would be nice to know someone to go with.

Judy
          -IC diet
          -Elmiron: 200 mg/per day
          - Lyrica: 200 mg/per day
          -Amitriptyline: (Elavil) 50mg/per day
          - Vesicare 5mg per day
          -Atarax: 25mg/per day
          -Heparin/Lidocaine/Sodium Bicarb instills 5 per week or as needed
          -Prelief as needed

Comment

Judy-
            I just found out about the Cartersville meetings yesterday, but wasn't able to go today because I've felt too bad. Do you know how often they have them? I would like to go to the next one & it would be great to meet up with you!
            :woohoo:
            -Longfellow

History of IC, Vulvodynia, Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, Polycystic Ovaries, and Cyst's on my Spine.
            Update as of 6/27/07- Endo, Adenomyosis & Polycystic Ovaries are gone because I had a Hysterectomy in May of 2005! Still battling IC and what was thought to be Vulvodynia, now thought to be PNE.
            Meds: Paxil 40 for IC, Clonazepam 1 for Restless Leg Syndrome, Seroquel 100 for Bipolar, and pain pills as needed.

Comment

That sounds like a great idea. I think they meet every third Thursday of every other month. I can call the contact number to make sure they are still having them and when the next one would be.

I hope you are feeling better! I'm not feeling well today it's that time of the month and endo is winning. LOL I'm really considering have a total hysterectomy to get rid of the endo the constant pain between the IC and the Endo is getting to be to much.

Judy
              -IC diet
              - Vesicare 5mg per day
              -Prelief as needed

Comment

Originally posted by Judy777 View Post
                That sounds like a great idea. I think they meet every third Thursday of every other month. I can call the contact number to make sure they are still having them and when the next one would be.

I hope you are feeling better! I'm not feeling well today it's that time of the month and endo is winning. LOL I'm really considering have a total hysterectomy to get rid of the endo the constant pain between the IC and the Endo is getting to be to much.

Judy
                Hi! I live in Marietta, but my doctor is in Cartersville and I was just there today and saw that there is a meeting in September. I was just diagnosed with IC, but still have a lot of questions and concerns. It would be great to be able to talk to someone close by who may understand just what I'm going through.

Comment

Your in Marietta! You are close by also!

I work in Marietta (East Cobb). I live in Cartersville. I think we should get together and all meet up at the Cartersville support group meeting that would be great! It would be nice to have someone to talk to that is local.

Family and/or Friends are great for support, but I feel like no one could possibly understand what IC is like unless they have it. I'm going to call and see when the support group meeting is in September.

Judy
                  -IC diet
                  - Vesicare 5mg per day
                  -Prelief as needed

Comment

I called the Cartersville support group number and they said the next meeting will be September 20th.

Judy
                    -IC diet
                    - Vesicare 5mg per day
                    -Prelief as needed

Comment

Thanks for doing that Judy! Where do you work in East Cobb? I work in East Cobb as well!
                      -Longfellow

Comment

Hi Everyone! My name is Michelle. I am organizing a patient advisory board for a pharmaceutical company. Basically, we want to gather a small group together of people with IC. Over dinner we just want to get to know you and hear your experiences living with this disease. The dinner will probably be somewhere near I-75/285 junction. Please contact me if you want more information. [email protected]

*Dinner is on us and we will be in a private room. Everything said will be kept confidential.

Comment

I just moved to Augusta. And just met my new Dr......

Comment

I'm in Atlanta and I would love to meet. Has anything been organized? When is the next Cartersville meeting?

Comment

The Metro Atlanta IC Support Group meets the 3rd Thursday of every other month at 6:30 pm in a classsroom at the Cartersville Medical Center. They met in Sept., so I guess the next meeting will be November. You can call and check it out. I heard the person in charge did not show up for the last meeting and therefore it was cancelled.

Comment

Working...
                              X