Raleigh, NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raleigh, NC

Hi, I'm in Raleigh, NC and was wondering if anyone would want to start a support group.

I didn't realize you live in NC. I'm in Charlotte...guess that's about 4 hours or so from you. Wish we lived closer! I've often thought of how us NC'ers could meet in the middle of the state somehow, at least for a long lunch and just to meet each other! What would be even better is if we could all afford a motel room for one night and just hang out having an IC chick pajama party! I know that I could probably come up with one night's room fee plus dinner/breakfast.

Just a thought...I think we could all use a change of scenery lately!
    *IC-- Summer 2004; PFD--October 2005
    *Fibro--Fall 2000; CFS-- Fall 2000
    *MPS--Fall 2000; Crohn's disease-- 1997*IBS,GERD, *Migraines, hypothyroidism, GYN problems *Degenerative Disc Disease/scoliosis

Total Abdominal Hysterectomy--adenomyosis--9\08

04/17/09 Crohn's disease almost killed me with a combo of extreme constipation from pain medications. My bowel ruptured, I almost died from peritonitis and spent several days in the ICU then more in a private room on the floor. If you have any questions about severe constipation from pain meds please don't hesitate to send me a message.

Comment

Hey, I'm in Greensboro, that pretty much is the halfway point for you two...

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
      ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
      back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

greenville SC

I am in Greenville SC not to far from Greensboro or Charlotte!

Comment

That's not far at all...slumber party!!!

~Claudia

"A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."
          ~ The Wizard of Oz

"If I ever go looking for my heart's desire again, I won't look any further than my own
          back yard. Because if it isn't there, I never really lost it to begin with!" ~ Dorothy

Comment

I Live in Winston Salem, NC. I go to Duke to see my DR. on July 30th. He is at Duke University. He is so Great to me for the Past 35 Years. I stay at the Brookwood INN. When I go in Duke Hospital I am on the 6300 Floor. That is the uro Floor.
            I have a Friend that works on the TV Station in Raliegh. John Clark. His wife and I went to school in Wilmington NC.

DebbieD

Comment

I'm in Winston-Salem....
              Jen

*Diagnosed with severe IC in 2004
              *Also diagnosed with PFD, fibromyalgia, chronic myofascial pain, IBS, migraines, allergies/asthma, dermatographism
              *Kept trying a million different treatments for all these things until I found what works, and I am doing okay these days with the help of a cocktail of medications and the InterStim, which was first placed in 2007. [I have had 2 revisions - one in 2010 when my battery died and had to be replaced, and one complete replacement (lead and generator) in 2012 after a fall on my stairs caused my lead to move.]
              *Current meds include Atarax (50mg at night), Lyrica (150mg twice a day), Xanax (0.5mg at night and as needed), Zanaflex (4mg at night), hydrocodone (10/325, every 6 hours as needed), Advair, Nasonex, Singulair (10mg at night), oral contraceptives, home instills containing Elmiron and Marcaine (as often as I need to do them).

**I am not a medical authority nor do I offer definitive medical advice. I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

I'm in Rutherfordton (sorta halfway between Charlotte and Asheville).
                Like no one's watchin'!

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined" -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Yes, for sure!!

Hi everyone in North Carolina –

I’ve been trying to start a support group here so I’m thrilled to find this posting. I’ve been distributing flyers all over the place. I’ve created a web site and an email address because I had no idea anyone else was interested. I was going to start looking at places to hold the meetings, like a classroom. I’m in Raleigh. I was thinking of having the meetings once a month, like the first Tuesday of every month or something. I've decided to call it TrIC (Triangle IC)

I was diagnosed with IC 5 years ago. I was living in New York and the support groups really helped. I moved to North Carolina last year. I just needed to get my feet on the ground at work and stuff before I could start a group. So you guys all interested???

Talk to you all soon - hopefully meet you all too Pajama party sounds great.
                  -Sue

PS – Here is my email: [email protected]

Here is the web site (I only created it a couple days ago, so it's very rough draft):

http://www.geocities.com/triangleic/TrIC

Also, I sent an email to the IC Association asking them to announce it as well.

Comment

Another NC girl here - I live in Henderson, NC which is about 50 miles from Raleigh or Durham. My doc is Dr. Culley Carson at UNC. I would love to meet all of you...

Comment

I wish you all the best in getting the group started. I just moved from NC on July 10. I will be about 3 hours away in Virginia which might be doable once a month, since my doc is in Greensboro, although I will have surgery on August 17 that might solve all the IC problems.

Comment

Burlington Group

Does the Burlington, NC group still meet? The next scheduled meeting is next week, Tuesday, Aug 21, at 6pm. I live in Raleigh. Anyone interested in carpooling after work? According to Mapquest, Burlington is only an hour west of the triangle area, just off I-40. I sent an email to the group leader but never heard back.

Let me know if you would like to meet up and go to this I would.

-Sue

Comment

I am Game to meet with anyone Close By. I am an Hour From Durham. That is where my Major DR. is. Would Like to Get together with someone soon.

DebbieD

Comment

Debbie - I'd be happy to meet with you and anyone else. Perhaps if the support group is no longer occurring, we can have a gathering on the weekend. Let me know what you think. Know a good place to meet?-Sue

Comment

I'd invite you all to meet at Wesley Long Hospital in Greensboro, this weekend. I'll have accommodations there for the week! Just kidding. (I will be there for the week) Even if just a few get together it would be worth the support.
                              Maggie
                              Last edited by SrMaggie; 08-13-2007, 12:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                              X