X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtnrunner
    replied
    Southern Pines, NC

I live in Southern Pines. I see a doctor in Greensboro now, but used to see someone at UNC. I have family in Chapel Hill and go up to that area frequently. I also travel to Charlotte at least once a month to see family. So I am in on a support group. It would be nice to meet some other folks that have this affliction and can relate. Other people have no true idea of what it feels like to live with a chronic pain like we have.

Leave a comment:

• TriangleIC
    replied
    Meet-Up Group

Hi everyone -

I started a meet-up web site. It's a way for us to organize events and stay connected. Please sign up if you are in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC.

http://ic.meetup.com/2/?gj=sj10

I hope to meet you soon.

-Sue

Leave a comment:

• sickofmybladder
    replied
    I'm newly diagnosed - live in Raleigh and work in Durham (my doc is over at Duke as well) - if a support group does get up and running please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    I'd invite you all to meet at Wesley Long Hospital in Greensboro, this weekend. I'll have accommodations there for the week! Just kidding. (I will be there for the week) Even if just a few get together it would be worth the support.
    Maggie
    Last edited by SrMaggie; 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• TriangleIC
    replied
    Debbie - I'd be happy to meet with you and anyone else. Perhaps if the support group is no longer occurring, we can have a gathering on the weekend. Let me know what you think. Know a good place to meet?-Sue

Leave a comment:

• DebbieD
    replied
    I am Game to meet with anyone Close By. I am an Hour From Durham. That is where my Major DR. is. Would Like to Get together with someone soon.

DebbieD

Leave a comment:

• TriangleIC
    replied
    Burlington Group

Does the Burlington, NC group still meet? The next scheduled meeting is next week, Tuesday, Aug 21, at 6pm. I live in Raleigh. Anyone interested in carpooling after work? According to Mapquest, Burlington is only an hour west of the triangle area, just off I-40. I sent an email to the group leader but never heard back.

Let me know if you would like to meet up and go to this I would.

-Sue

Leave a comment:

• SrMaggie
    replied
    I wish you all the best in getting the group started. I just moved from NC on July 10. I will be about 3 hours away in Virginia which might be doable once a month, since my doc is in Greensboro, although I will have surgery on August 17 that might solve all the IC problems.

Leave a comment:

• MamaKay
    replied
    Another NC girl here - I live in Henderson, NC which is about 50 miles from Raleigh or Durham. My doc is Dr. Culley Carson at UNC. I would love to meet all of you...

Leave a comment:

• TriangleIC
    replied
    Yes, for sure!!

Hi everyone in North Carolina –

I’ve been trying to start a support group here so I’m thrilled to find this posting. I’ve been distributing flyers all over the place. I’ve created a web site and an email address because I had no idea anyone else was interested. I was going to start looking at places to hold the meetings, like a classroom. I’m in Raleigh. I was thinking of having the meetings once a month, like the first Tuesday of every month or something. I've decided to call it TrIC (Triangle IC)

I was diagnosed with IC 5 years ago. I was living in New York and the support groups really helped. I moved to North Carolina last year. I just needed to get my feet on the ground at work and stuff before I could start a group. So you guys all interested???

Talk to you all soon - hopefully meet you all too Pajama party sounds great.
    -Sue

PS – Here is my email: [email protected]

Here is the web site (I only created it a couple days ago, so it's very rough draft):

http://www.geocities.com/triangleic/TrIC

Also, I sent an email to the IC Association asking them to announce it as well.

Leave a comment:

• Shalai
    replied
    I'm in Rutherfordton (sorta halfway between Charlotte and Asheville).

Leave a comment:

• Sarojini
    replied
    I'm in Winston-Salem....

Leave a comment:

• DebbieD
    replied
    I Live in Winston Salem, NC. I go to Duke to see my DR. on July 30th. He is at Duke University. He is so Great to me for the Past 35 Years. I stay at the Brookwood INN. When I go in Duke Hospital I am on the 6300 Floor. That is the uro Floor.
    I have a Friend that works on the TV Station in Raliegh. John Clark. His wife and I went to school in Wilmington NC.

DebbieD

Leave a comment:

• topcop229
    replied
    That's not far at all...slumber party!!!

Leave a comment:

• ericagrnt
    replied
    greenville SC

I am in Greenville SC not to far from Greensboro or Charlotte!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X