Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For anyone in (or around) Nashville, TN......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone in (or around) Nashville, TN......

Hi!

I thought I'd say hello and reach out to any IC'ers IN or AROUND the Nashville, TN area. From what I've seen in past posts, most of us are too worn down from IC/work/life etc. to start an IC support group.

However if any of you would be interested in meeting for lunch or dinner one weekend and getting together person, please reply or PM me.

NOBODY I know understands this illness and I would really love to meet other people who "get it."

If anyone's interested it might be a great way to support each other.

Hugs!
    Jeannie
    "She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails." -Unkown

IBS/Endometriosis/Prolasped Uterus/CFS, ME/Fibromyalgia/Refractory IC/Celiac Disease/Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction (Immune System issues) B12, Vit D deficiencies

Many surgeries over the years, mainly: Total hysterectomy/Gallbladder & Thyroid removed

Treatments: Tried all except Interstim, Botox injections and bladder removal. I've never been in remission.

Daily-Prednisone steroid down to 3mg long-term, Demerol 50mg, Diazepam 2mg
    As needed-Home TENS unit, AZO Standard, Marshmallow Root Capsules, D Mannose powder, Prelief. STRICT IC DIET or I'm bed ridden. I'm under the care of a Pain Management Clinic.

Was on SS Disability for IC 2004-2006. Back to work 10 years. Annnnd-My bod gave out. Back on Disability as of Aug 2016. WE NEED A CURE!!

Re: For anyone in (or around) Nashville, TN......

Hi Jeannie! I'm in glasgow ky...I hear ya abt being worn down for support groups. I don't think there are any going on around me anyway. The Kentucky thread hasn't been visited in awhile by fellow ic'ers. Ok if I add you here?
    Officially diagnosed January 2014 by cystoscopy. +Hunners. Hypothyroid, IBS?
    Tolreodine 2mg day, sometimes 4mg (causing retention & that aggravates symptoms)
    Claritin & Benadryl (worked great...for awhile...dried me out severely!)
    Cystex, azo orange, and 1/2 tsp baking soda as needed for rescue..d-Mannose too!
    Slippery elm and cayenne immediately after meals. (Helping...I was scared to take the cayenne but it actually helps & doesn't irritate my bladder)
    Aloe tabs(stopped-constipation)
    Lemon, tea tree, and frankincense essential oil.
    CBD oil (WORKS!)
    Most important of all AVOIDING my triggers: soy, msg and oxalates are known triggers. Also sugar & fatty foods.
    Seeking good physician. I moved away from the one who diagnosed me shortly after she did & have been hard pressed to find one who will listen & take me seriously.
    Just takes time. The glass is half full.

Comment

Who do you see? Ild be willing to drive to Nash Vegas to see a dr. I struck out w one in bg...more like he struck out w me lol
      Officially diagnosed January 2014 by cystoscopy. +Hunners. Hypothyroid, IBS?
      Tolreodine 2mg day, sometimes 4mg (causing retention & that aggravates symptoms)
      Claritin & Benadryl (worked great...for awhile...dried me out severely!)
      Cystex, azo orange, and 1/2 tsp baking soda as needed for rescue..d-Mannose too!
      Slippery elm and cayenne immediately after meals. (Helping...I was scared to take the cayenne but it actually helps & doesn't irritate my bladder)
      Aloe tabs(stopped-constipation)
      Lemon, tea tree, and frankincense essential oil.
      CBD oil (WORKS!)
      Most important of all AVOIDING my triggers: soy, msg and oxalates are known triggers. Also sugar & fatty foods.
      Seeking good physician. I moved away from the one who diagnosed me shortly after she did & have been hard pressed to find one who will listen & take me seriously.
      Just takes time. The glass is half full.

Comment

Hi Lorab

Sure feel free to add me! I was seeing Dr Roger Dmochowski for several years. However their office has become so busy lately I've started seeing Dr Harriett Scarpero instead at St Thomas hospital.

13 years with IC & the Dr's really don't seem to know what to do with me anymore.

I just started p.t. for pelvic floor. We are trying vaginal valium supposotories soon.
        Jeannie
        "She stood in the storm, and when the wind did not blow her way, she adjusted her sails." -Unkown

IBS/Endometriosis/Prolasped Uterus/CFS, ME/Fibromyalgia/Refractory IC/Celiac Disease/Autonomic Nervous System Dysfunction (Immune System issues) B12, Vit D deficiencies

Many surgeries over the years, mainly: Total hysterectomy/Gallbladder & Thyroid removed

Treatments: Tried all except Interstim, Botox injections and bladder removal. I've never been in remission.

As needed-Home TENS unit, AZO Standard, Marshmallow Root Capsules, D Mannose powder, Prelief. STRICT IC DIET or I'm bed ridden. I'm under the care of a Pain Management Clinic.

Was on SS Disability for IC 2004-2006. Back to work 10 years. Annnnd-My bod gave out. Back on Disability as of Aug 2016. WE NEED A CURE!!

Comment

Hey! I just found this little thread and wanted to say hello, even though it is over a year later. My husband and I moved to Nashville about a year ago and I just got a diagnosis (without a cystoscopy) for IC. So far managing it well, but wanted to check in and see if anyone knows of a support group in Nashville or would be interested in meeting at some point! It would be nice to know a couple of other people in the area going through this!
          -Holly

Comment

Hi Holly! Still no support group that I know of...but I live in Nashville & would love to meetup with others or someone else that has this. I know nobody who has this other than the virtual world. The support is amazing but I'd love to know someone outside the websites someday.

Feel free to private message me! I've had IC 13 years & know some amazing Dr's in the area.
            Jeannie

Comment

Working...
            X