Looking for docs in the georgetown / round rock / austin / temple area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for docs in the georgetown / round rock / austin / temple area

Now that we have moved to TX (and are LOVING it!), I need to get set up with new doctors. I need to find a new uro, of course, as well as a pcp and a gastroenterologist. Anyone have any suggestions? We are in the Georgetown area but Round Rock, Austin and even Temple are within commuing distance. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Annie

IC
    Ulcerative Colitis and IBS
    Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

I can't help with doctors, but just wanted to let you know I'm so glad you are enjoying Texas.

Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Annie: Glad you are here in Texas-- and Georgetown no Less. I live in Hutto which is just a few miles away from you. We need to get together after you are unpacked and rested.

I can give you a few doctors names. 2 of them are in Round Rock- Dr. Melanie Denson (don't know where her office is in RR but in Austin its on Jolleyville Rd); Dr. Grady Bruce- he is in the building next to RR Hospital.
      I go to Michael McClelland he is in Austin off of 32nd/Red River Street- across from St. Davids Hospital.Been going to him and the Dr. that he replaced for over 20 years. Probably could give you more, but these are just 3 off the top of my head.

Comment

Hi there, I live in Austin too!

I go to Dr. Denson at 512.231.1444. My pain doc is Dr. Shockett at 512.467.7246, and then I have a wondeful accupuncturist (her name is Ann) and she is at 512.731.3363. I have only been the the suppot group meeting at Seton once, but they meet on the first Monday of each month at Seton Hospital. I have another great friend here in Austin who has IC as well, and she goes to the support group as well. Perhaps next month you can come and we can all meet one another? That would be great!!! Welcome to Austin!!!
        As I think, so I shall be....

I have had IC for 4.5 years now. I also have fibro, sjogren's syndrome, and vulvadynia. I live in immense pain. I often daydream of life before this demon . When I feel good, I embrace it with all of my heart! I pray that someday I will feel 100% again, we all deserve it!

Medications:

Vicodin (as needed, so daily!)
        Percocet (morning & night)
        Klonopin (.5 mg at night)
        Zanaflex (2 mg each night)
        Thyroid med for low thyroid (hypo)
        leuko-stim
        Vitamin D (4000)

Diagnosis:
        IC, CFS, Fibro (it is really bad it has taken so much from me and changed my life), Anxiety, Depression from it all, & Hypothyroid.

Comment

Thank you, Donna!!! We are absolutely thrilled to be here and really do love our new home and awesome new neighbors! It's everything we hoped it would be...and more!

Mary and asIshallbe, thank you for the warm welcome and doc suggestions. I will check them out. This will really help me!

We're slowly getting settled.... still can't get the cars in the garage, but we're improving every day and beginning to be able to function. Moving is a tremendous amount of work, but worth it. The move went pretty smoothly. Only major problem was our main computer hard drive crashed a week ago so we're getting by on a very old laptop. Fortunately the 'puter is under warranty, but that also means it's going to take at least another week to get it fixed .

We landed in a great place with fantastic neighbors. The neighbors had a welcome dinner for us last weekend. We also have "happy hour" almost every evening... first one out on their patio around 5:30 is host for the day and it's all BYO (and I'm far from the only one to just be drinking water so I don't feel uncomfortable about it at all!). We have a very friendly and social group of people on our street. They also do a lot of volunteer work together and I love that idea! Our next door neighbors are also from Ohio and there's a couple down the street from NH, my hubby's home state.

Mary, we are only a few short minutes from you. We all DEFINITELY have to get together soon!!!

It's been a tad bit warm (triple digits every day but one since we arrived), but the low humidity really does make a difference and my hubby and I both prefer this to humid, hot and sticky summer days in Ohio.

Our daughter is coming for a visit the end of July/1st of August. She's never been to TX and wants to see as much as she can in the short time she'll be here. Any suggestions on places we should take her? There's so much to see and do that it's hard to decide what is most important to do during her 1st visit. So far she says she wants to go to San Antonio to the Alamo & Riverwalk and Walburg for a German meal. We are planning on taking her to the Oasis and perhaps spending an afternoon in Salado. Then there's Austin to do........and a tour of the Hill Country....and, and, and........... Any thoughts on what would be most important for a 1st visit and what we should hold off on until she returns during the holidays?

Thanks for the help, ya'll! We really are Texans now and have the licenses and plates to prove it!:woohoo:
          Annie

IC
          Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

Comment

I lived in Fort Worth for 5 years before moving back home to Iowa. I was going to suggest San Antonio and the Riverwalk for sure. Glad you are enjoying TX!
            Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
            http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Annie...I am absolutely thrilled for you and Hubby. It was a long time coming, but sounds like it was worth it. I have always dreamed of living in a neighborhood like the one you are in. That is the way it used to be back in my youth. We all knew each other and had fun together. Parents didn't worry about their kids because they also knew each other.

Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
              http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
              http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

If you are going to San Antonio, New Braunsfel and Fredericksburg are the place to go; there are many others, but I think for the most part its been mentioned.
                Yes, Austin is HOT!! But at least its not snowing (of course, I don't know anywhere that it snows in July!) Today its suppose to be ONLY 99 degrees but it will gradually be back in the 100-105 before too long, just wait till September! The only thing we have going for us is the humiditiy-none or very low

If you want, send me an e-mail and I will give you my cell number.

Comment

Just Moved To Texas!

Hi everyone, it's me Gioia on here! Well....my husband and I had been living in Ohio and he is originally from Texas and about a month ago we moved here to Texas! I love it here. We live in New Braunfels. And it is beautiful here. I have never had more love and understanding surrounding me my whole life. My husbands parents are truly amazing and support my disease. We have been staying with them and plant to for a little while. Since my disease has been full force, I haven't been able to work. So our income has gone down quite a bit. We are blessed to have his family be so supportive and not wanting us to move anytime soon. Probably stay with them for at least 6 months. I have lost 5 jobs in the past 3yrs. I am a great employee and will work hard and give it all I can. I don't miss work just because I don't feel like going. I miss work because I never know when I'm going to have a flare up and then I have to call off so I can make my way to the ER for my shot of Dilaudid. It sucks. My job will last a few months if I can keep it going that long. I actually kept a job for 3 months, long enough to get insurance and then I missed 2 days and was fired. I have over $30,000 in medical bills and when they come in the mail, I just look at them for a second and throw them away. I worry about my relationship with my husband because I can't give as much to our relationship. We have been married for only a few months and I'm very grateful he met me and watched me go through my hell with my IC. He knew what I had and was willing to work with me and support me. He does a great job too! I couldn't ask for a better husband. He is beyond what I thought I would ever be blessed with. At the same time, I go through depression a lot and will lay in bed and not move for days. My life has changed so much since this disease has started 3yrs ago. I love him more than anything and pray his committment remains for the rest of our lives. I sometimes cry and can't stop because I don't know what tomorrow brings. I have started the cycle to get disability. I am gathering all of my doctor bills and all the ER bills, etc. I have spent hrs doing all of this and it kinda feels like I have a little part time job. I don't mind doing all of this because it makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something. I am hoping I am excepted for disability and be able to have insurance so I can get the ball rolling on some of these treatments that may make my life easier. I try to find all the little things in life to be happy with and I truly find them everyday. My IC is real, my depression is real and so is my blessings. With all of that said....is there anyone out there that knows of a support group near my area? I have googled and can't find anything. I was even thinking of starting my own support group. I came to this forum because it said Texas. If there is enough of us out there, maybe we can get something started. My email is [email protected]. Feel free to contact me. Thank you all for listening! Gioia

Comment

Annie...There are a couple of patient recommendations for doctors in the Round Rock area in our Clinic Listings and Database part of the website. Here is the link to the Texas portion:

http://www.ic-network.com/md/listings/Texas1.html
                    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
                    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
                    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Thank you for the link, Sharon! I'm making progress getting set up with doctors. I now have a PCP, an appt. with a gastroenterologist and a referral to a urologist in Round Rock.

We are slowly getting organized. The entire house has tile floors. Nothing but tile. Some people prefer tile floors, but for us, ALL tile is a bit too much. We are having carpet installed in the bedrooms, study and great room and they start installation tomorrow. Therefore, everything had to be removed from these rooms. First we unpacked and put things into rooms, now we have taken it all out again and, once the carpeting is in place, we can put it all back. Oh what "fun"........ I'll be glad when it is all done and we can finally get truly organized!!! We do have one car in the garage and are close to getting the other one in so we've made tremendous progress. It won't be too much longer now.

We are still absolutely loving our new home and neighborhood! Yes, it is a bit warm, but it is so dry that we don't find the heat as oppressive.

Our daughter just returned to DC from visiting with us. We packed as much into 4 1/2 days as we possibly could to show her our new home and introduce her to TX. We made it to San Antonio and took her to the Alamo and Riverwalk. We did as much of Austin as we possibly could and we toured the Hill Country and did a bit of shopping, too (Salado and Fredericksburg) and we squeezed in an evening with friends at a German restaurant and beer garden. We had a great time together!

Looking forward to meeting you, Mary, and others around the Austin area... just as soon as we are a bit more settled!!! Bri, hope to see you later in the fall!
                      Annie

IC
                      Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

Comment

Hi Annie - Just saw your post! Welcome to the area. In case your referral doesn't work out or you ever need a 2nd opinion, I can't recommend my doctor highly enough - Dr. Melody Denson. She has an office in both Austin and Round Rock. Here's the RR address:
                        511 Oakwood Boulevard
                        Suite 103
                        Round Rock, Texas 78681
                        Ph.#: 512/231-1444
                        She is compassionate and thorough and I trust her completely with my care. Also, we have an IC support group here in Austin that meets at Seton Hospital down on 35th Street every 2nd Monday of the month. Just PM me and I can send you more info if your interested.
                        Namasté,
                        Jen

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over... it became a butterfly."

* Diagnosed w/IBS in 1989
                        * Diagnosed w/IC on 11/14/08
                        * Tested positive for Celiac Disease on 11/6/09; awaiting lower bowel biopsy on 12/2/09
                        * Labs taken to test for Fibromyalgia on 11/9/09; awaiting test results

IC DIET 24/7 - No gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol
                        Current Vitamins/Supplements:
                        Cal-Mag-Zinc; Vit D; Sublingual B12; Gentle Iron; Flaxseed Oil
                        Current Treatments:
                        Interstim Implant Trial 3/17/09; Perm. 3/31/09; Revision 5/12/09; 2nd Revision 8/18/09; 3rd Revision 9/8/09; 4th Revision scheduled for 11/20/09
                        Physical Therapy 1x/week - Myofascial Release/Trigger Point/Pelvic Floor/TENS
                        Current Meds:
                        Uroxatral - 10mg 1x/day
                        Dexedrine - 10mg 1x/day
                        Oxycontin - 10mg 3x/day
                        Percocet - 5mg 2x/day
                        Topamax - 25mg 3x/day
                        Tramadol - 50mg 2x/day (as needed)
                        Continuous birth control (to limit cycle flares)
                        Discontinued Meds/Treatments:
                        Elmiron, Urelle, Detrol, Hydroxyzine, Prosed, Elavil, Tofranil, Voltaren, Flomax, Neurontin, Norco, Darvocet, Lyrica, Fentanyl patch; Acupuncture; Rescue Instillations
                        Things That Help Me Forget My Pain:
                        Henry the Heating Pad
                        Warm Baths
                        My loving husband & stepson
                        My dear friends
                        Cuddling w/my beagle Hazel

Comment

Thank you! Funny thing ..... my referral is to Dr. Denson and I will see her in October (going to be in NH for September so had to wait til we get back for that appointment). I am down to seeing my uro every six months anyway and saw the old one just before leaving Ohio so I am set with meds and can last until Oct. Should I have a problem or emergency before my appt at least I am set up with the doctor and could call and try to be seen earlier.

Seems there are quite a few of us in and around Austin. I am looking forward to meeting as many as possible and hope to make a meeting at Seton later on this fall.
                          Annie

IC
                          Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

_________________________________________________________
                          Retirement is great! Work is highly overrated!!!
                          ---My dear hubby

________________________________________________________
                          Never go to a doctor whose office plants are dead.
                          ---Unknown

Comment

Dr. Denson is a great doctor. She isn't my regular Uro-I usually see a Michael McClelland- he is in Austin right across from St. Davids on Red River. Been going to them since 1990--seeing one or another doctor. I have been a patient of this doctor for probably 7 years or so (don't remember when but it was before my heart surgery). Dr. McClelland has sent me to this Dr. Denson a few times, really like her. I see her in the Austin office.

Comment

Thank you all for your recommendations.!!!!! Saw my new uro today and she is wonderful!!! Steve went with me and we both liked her very much. She was very thorough going over my history and previous treatment plan and discussed some other things she thought might be good for me to try so we tweaked things a bit and will see how I do. She is up-to-date, compassionate, listens very carefully and was quick to comment on our being equal partners in deciding on the best treatment for me. Aftering hearing I was a retired biologist, she encouraged me to continue to keep up with research and to bring any new treatment ideas to her as she is very open to suggestions and new ideas. She is a ball of energy and a dear person.......... gave me a big hug as I was leaving. Thanks to all of you, I found a keeper! I really appreciate your steering me in the right direction. Finding new doctors in a new place is difficult, but, thanks to your help, I got it right on the first shot. I'm grateful to y'all!!!

Now those of us around Austin need to get together! Hope we can make it happen soon.
                              Annie

IC
                              Pelvic Floor Dysfunction

_________________________________________________________
                              Retirement is great! Work is highly overrated!!!
                              ---My dear hubby

________________________________________________________
                              Never go to a doctor whose office plants are dead.
                              ---Unknown

Comment

Working...
                              X