Support Group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support Group

I wanted to let you all know that I am forming an IC support group - "The Interstitial Cystitis Support Group of Santa Clarita" (located about 35 miles north of Los Angeles, near Magic Mountain). Interstitial Cystitis has and continues to change our lives every day. We have so many questions that doctors, books, or the internet have been unable to answer. What better way to find out more about Interstitial Cystitis than to talk with others who have been diagnosed with IC – those who know and understand how IC can and does change our lives.

I am 31 years old and was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis earlier this year. I now understand IC more clearly, and as I look back I can see that IC has been with me for many years. Personally, IC has been a painful, lonely, life changing, emotionally draining and humbling experience. I am happy to say that I am now on the road to recovery and am back in control of my life!

Meetings are to be held once every 2 months, and the topics of discussion will include all aspects of IC including Pain management; treatments; diet; sex; support; related conditions including Vulvodynia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Irritable Bowel Syndrome; depression; exercise etc.

I am eager to hear from others with IC to assist me in the formation of this group, and possibly become co-leaders. This support group will give you the chance to meet other IC sufferers, get together, talk, support and help each other. By listening to and supporting each other, we all can make IC an easier, more manageable condition to live with!

If you are interested in helping in any way, or you would like to comeing to meetings please contact me @ 661-547-3783 or 661-290-1468, or email me @ [email protected] I look forward to hearing from you.

Alyson Gregory

Alyson,
    Good for you! I live in Northern California and we have a support group too. Please consider becoming affiliated with the ICN and/or ICA. They can help to provide you and your group materials and stuff. If you want to chat, email me [email protected]!
    take care,
    Melanie
    Melanie
    __

Comment

Working...
    X