Northern California care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northern California care

Hi all, I'm looking for a medical care provider in Northern CA- one who really has experience and knowledge about IC. Please send me a private message if you are satisfied with who you are seeing and don't mind sharing that info with me.

I did look on the IC list and see 3 names listed. I'm in a county near Sacramento, but will drive if I need to.

Thank you for any input. Regards, Carla

I recommend Dr. Christopher Payne at Stanford in Palo Alto. He is one of the leading IC doctors and researchers in the country, and was very nice and even gave me a hug after our first and only appt. when he diagnosed me 3 years ago. There is also an OBGYN in Redding by the name of Dr. Robert Greene. He has a subspecialty of IC and his nurse practitioner, Judith Crabtree, attends to the IC pts. She is very nice but a bit new at this and is still learning. She seems willing to try and help any way she can. Dr. Greene sent her to Dr. Parson's office in San Diego (he is another leading IC doctor) for some training about IC. Hope that helps!

Comment

I p m you like you asked. There are alot of good doctors in Santa Rosa , Calif. hat
      Sue C.~
      [email protected]

Comment

Thank you for your feedback. I'm feeling like my pain/symptoms are not currently being addressed with my local rural medical providers- currently I'm only being treated with prosed and vioxx- which frankly, it not cutting it with the flare.

I'm thinking it's time to look farther afield, even if it means I have to pay for care outside of my healthcare plan.

Thanks for sharing! regards, Carla

Comment

Hi Dminton,

I pmed you but I'll also ask here. You really liked Dr. Payne. Why did you only see him once?

Were you able to take his diagnosis and treatment reocmmendation to another doctor closer to you, etc.?

I live in Marin and could happily go but I couldn't go down to Palo Alto each time I needed to see the Dr.

Thanks,
          Emily
          Pikkumyy - special ed teacher, wife, wild animal rehabber, and PFD patient since the horrible kidney infection of 2000. In remission since 9/04

Comment

Hello!

Dr. Payne is wonderful. He obviously is very good at what he does but, he is also pretty compassionate. I would and have paid out of pocket to see him. As mentioned above, he always hugs me after every appointment. Although, he is still puzzled by my picture, I still would highly recommend him.

Jill

Comment

Am I at liberty to post my physicians' information without permission from them?
              Every day I pray for the courage of my convictions.

"Kind words can be short and easy -- their echo infinite." -- Mother Teresa

Comment

I also liked Dr. Payne very much.
                Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                Source - Pinterest
                "

Current treatments:
                -IC diet
                -Elavil 50mg at night
                -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                -Pyridium if needed,
                -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                -Managing stress= VERY important!
                -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

I also liked Dr. Payne very much.
                  Kadi

-------------------------------------------------------------
                  I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                  ------------------------------------------------------

New favorite quote: "God gives us only what we can handle. Apparently God thinks I'm a bad-ass" ~Author Unknown
                  Source - Pinterest
                  "

Current treatments:
                  -IC diet
                  -Elavil 50mg at night
                  -Continuous use birth control pills (4-5 periods/year)
                  -Heparin/Marcaine/Sodium Bicarb home instills at night 3-4x per week, more often if needed
                  -Pyridium if needed,
                  -Pain medicine at bedtime daily, as needed during the day several times per week
                  -Antibiotic when doing an instillation to prevent UTI
                  -Colace & SmartFiber to treat chronic constipation from meds, Fleet enema as needed
                  -Dye Free Benadryl 50 mg at bedtime
                  -"Your Pace Yoga: Relieving Pelvic Pain" dvd, walking, treadmill at gym
                  -Managing stress= VERY important!
                  -Fur therapy: Hugging the cat!

Comment

Thanks, everyone, for the info.

Since I wrote the top message, my new rural uro is now treating my pain after I called the office and became more assertive. Stanford is over a 3 hour drive away, so I will give the local guy a chance before I drive.

I do appreciate everyone's help, though. Thanls, again, Carla

Comment

Hi,

Yes, you can post your physician's information as long as it is public anyway (we don't want to know his home address or what his favorite restaurant is. wink )

Also, remember that you must either post neutral or positive information. Anything that you want to tell someone about a doctor that isn't positive must be done non-publicly (PM or e-mail, etc.)

Isn't that right, Donna?

Emily
                      Pikkumyy - special ed teacher, wife, wild animal rehabber, and PFD patient since the horrible kidney infection of 2000. In remission since 9/04

Comment

That's right. We can post our doctors' names as long as we don't say negative things, which could put the ICN at risk legally.

If you like your doctor, by all means tell us. And if you'd like your doctor's name to be listed on this site as a good resource for IC patients, you'll find the link on the pull-down Browse Our Site menu at the top of this page.

Donna
                        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

[3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

anyone know of any docs in sacramento?

Comment

I was wondering if there was any ICers in sacramento or close to it? I ve spoken with Jill a bit and might be interested in starting up a support group. If not that i would love to find an IC buddy close by. Thanks hopeful

Comment

hey neighbor

Hey there so where in sacramento area are you abouts......Im asking because im also in the sacramento area and Im searching for some ICers around this area. I would love to have an IC buddie to maybe call and chat and share our ideas and stuff. Ive been talking with Jill about starting up a support group in sac. let me know if your interested in talking take care im also looking for a good uro. in sac let me know if you find anything thanks hopeful

Comment

Working...
                              X