Anyone in the LA/Valley area?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in the LA/Valley area?

I recently moved to the Valley from Orange County and need a referral to a new Urologist which will be my second one since I was diagnosed in 8/07.

Of course it would be good to converse with someone in the area about their experiences and so forth...

thanks!
    Heidi

Hi,
    I live in the San Gabriel Valley. Feel free to PM me
    Nancy

Comment

Hi Nancy,

I'm in the San Fernando Valley, more specifically the Sylmar/Lakeview Terrace area... is that close to you? Do you have a doctor you like or would recommend?

And sorry, what does PM mean? LOL

thanks!
      Heidi

Comment

I live in Glendora which is close to san dimas, covina. I went to school in Northridge which I think is close to you. You are about 45 miles from me. I see Dr. Edward Davis in Glendora. He is good. They also have an IC support group. I haven't gone to that yet- was just diagnosed the end of Sept.
        Nancy

Comment

Thanks, Nancy. I was hoping for someone closer for those times you need to run out and see them... but I will keep your Doctor in mind if I don't have any luck. Keep me posted on what you think of him and his treatment. The IC Support Group sounds really cool. I was diagnosed in August myself and could definitely have used something like that then. Even now!

Comment

My Doc has a clinic in Baldwin Park. Is that close to you?

Comment

where do u live

Comment

I live in the San Fernado Valley - specifically Woodland Hills. If this is close to you, I have the name of a couple of uro's depending on your insurance type.
                You can pm me if you want

Comment

ICMom x5g,

You mentioned a urologist in Baldwin Park. Do you live in that area? I had posted a thread awhile back looking for someone to talk with at times about this awful disease. I live in Hacienda Heights. I have a son 6 and a son 13.

Thanks.

Nancy,

I see you live in Glendora. I work part time in Glendora.

Thanks.

My co worker just let me know that her friend was diagnosed with IC. But, she doesn't have frequency or burning. She has occasional pelvic pain. Weird part is, the woman complains of nausea. After her accident, it was found she was bleeding somewhere. The scope was done and numerous glomerations were found in the bladder. I myself have never had nausea from IC. Hmm
                  bunnykinb

6/04 dx Mild IC; 3/06 2nd hydro/cysto w/2nd uro; Moderate IC now. IBS dx 11/03. 6/08 dx Vulva Vestibulitis/Pelvic Floor Spasms. 7/20/15 Feels like I have moderate IC now. Burning again.

tried & failed treatments: Urocit K 2x/day, Prelief & Atarax 25 mg 3/05-6/06; elavil 10mg 11/30/06-2/28/07 (stopped due to hunger); elmiron orally but had throat tightness;heparin instills 1x/mo 9/04-2/05;elmiron instills every 2 wks 7/05-2/06;20 DMSO 7/28/06-9/07.nortriptyline 10mg 4/07-10/07current meds/treatments:Tofrinal 25mg;Yasmin bc. Heparin instills every 2 weeks 2/08-present. Mix: 8cc lidocaine, 8cc heparin (40,000 units), & 3cc sodium bicarb. main symptoms: frequency & labia/clitorial burning

Comment

Hi,
                    I see a Dr. Edward Davis in Glendora. He is very good and has a support group for IC that meets once a month. I have never gone to the support group.
                    Nancy

Comment

Is Dr. Raz a woman by chance?

Comment

Shlomo Raz, MD is a man.

Donna
                        Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
                        Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
                        Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                        [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

I had wanted to go to the support group in Covina or Glendora, but I haven't had anytime.
                          bunnykinb

6/04 dx Mild IC; 3/06 2nd hydro/cysto w/2nd uro; Moderate IC now. IBS dx 11/03. 6/08 dx Vulva Vestibulitis/Pelvic Floor Spasms. 7/20/15 Feels like I have moderate IC now. Burning again.

tried & failed treatments: Urocit K 2x/day, Prelief & Atarax 25 mg 3/05-6/06; elavil 10mg 11/30/06-2/28/07 (stopped due to hunger); elmiron orally but had throat tightness;heparin instills 1x/mo 9/04-2/05;elmiron instills every 2 wks 7/05-2/06;20 DMSO 7/28/06-9/07.nortriptyline 10mg 4/07-10/07current meds/treatments:Tofrinal 25mg;Yasmin bc. Heparin instills every 2 weeks 2/08-present. Mix: 8cc lidocaine, 8cc heparin (40,000 units), & 3cc sodium bicarb. main symptoms: frequency & labia/clitorial burning

Comment

the support group in Glendora is once a month. The next meeting is on May 22nd I think. I will check their website and let you know if that is not right

Comment

I am going on three years of being diagnosed. I went to the uro on Wed. 5/16. The uro looked at my bladder through a camera and said my bladder looked good. If it looks good, why do I still get the burning? I had mentioned that maybe I had VV, but he didn't say much. I had also told this to my primary care doctor at my physical. It is too late to call the insurance to find out if I can get a direct referral to a gyno.
                              bunnykinb

Comment

Working...
                              X