Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jdsimpsom,

I am so sorry about your mom's pain. Has she had the hydrodistention of the bladder done? Is that how they diagnosed the IC? I know that the medication Macrobid can cause you to be nauseated.
    I could not take it because of that. If there is no infection present then why the antibiotic? it is hard to find a urologist that really deals with IC well. The options for treatment (conventional) are limited, and relief from symptoms using these varies greatly from patient to patient. Is she following the IC diet which resticts foods like tomatoes and chocolate, caffein, vinegar, etc.? I have talked to someone on this board who sees a Dr. Alan Freeman in Plano and she is pleased with his care, and his willingness to listen and try to find whatever it is that helps. I am on the Elmiron and also a supplement called MSM (sulfer)..I have had relief significantly but MUST follow the IC diet. How long did she take the Elmiron? I think IC is one of the most exasperating illnesses to have and to treat because of it's inconsistant nature...everyone's symptoms seem a little different and it is a hodge podge of treatments that bring relief...I don't want her to give up...that is what we on this board are here for and I know we have all felt pretty close to the edge many times...you just have to keep trying various things (suggestions on this board have been helpful to me)and keep searching for a physician who is knowledgeable and will work with you. If I can help in any way, I will.

Sandy B

Comment

Thank You for your response Sandy. It helps to know there are peopleout there willing to help and offer advice. I will check this Dr out and keep you posted on her progress.

Comment

hi Fire

I am from houston, tx if you neen to talk, write me a message I will be glad to talk with you.

Lisa

Comment

Hi Fire

I am from Houston, tx if you would like to talk I will be glad to do so.

Lisa

Comment

jd. Has your Mother asked for a nauseua Med. I take Phenergan. I could not do without it. She gives me 25mgs but I cut mine in half and that is enough for me. It may make her drowsy but maybe that will help her. Hugs

redstonebef

Comment

Just wondering if any of our Texas members are in the area of or close to the cities of Brownwood or Abilene? Jo

Comment

Hey, guys! I'm so sorry for not responding earlier, jdsimpson, but I'm the one who sees Dr. Freeman in Plano. His nurse is awesome and is a GREAT support to me! Anyway, you can email me at [email protected] if you would like any more info about him! I've been in a flare, so I'm seeing him pretty frequently right now-weekly(uggh).
                Have you guys seen the new newsletter? Apparently someone is starting a new support group in the Dallas area! I sent her an email today! That would be so awesome!
                Hugs to all of you grouphug
                Alyson
                Alyson
                -------------------------------
                If you have time to worry, you have time to pray!

Comment

Is anyone near San Antonio? I live in the Uvalde area and could certainly use a friend/penpal/support group close to me.
                  toilet
                  ***Hugs***
                  Joanna

Comment

I am Near Austin Texas and would love to go to a support group
                    Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before.

Comment

Hi, I just really had the time to start looking at this site and found this message board. I have had IC for about 15 years. I started to form a support group 2 years ago but I felt like it would be to much for me by myself. I would love to meet people in my area with IC. It would be nice to have someone to talk to that could relate to what I am going through. I live right outside of Fort Worth and I would love to have an IC friend. Feel free to email me.

Comment

Hi TSmart,
                        Welcome to the boards. You will find a lot of info here but it sounds like you have been dealing with this for a little while now. I live in Fort Worth near Ridgmar mall and know exaclty where Azle is. In fact, until our boat broke down a couple weeks ago we would have been spending a lot of time out on Eagle Mountain Lake. I like Azle a lot. I keep pretty busy most of the time, but please private message me anytime. I usually check the boards and my messages daily. Who are you using for a uro here in the area? Just curious as I found a good one and we have only lived in the area for a few years. I see you are only a few years younger than I am. I was born in 1958. Anyway, you will find this to be a very friendly group.

Jolene hi
                        Jolene

"Life is what happens when you are making other plans" John Lennon

IC diet cheat sheet....http://www.ic-network.com/diet/dietcheatsheet.html

Information for Patients can be found here.
                        http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Jen's tips for great IC sex..http://www.ic-network.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22522&highlight=jens+tips[/url]

Newbie Angel...I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen. Email me at [email protected]

"IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you."

Comment

Hi Tsmart and welcome to the boards. Please let us know how you are doing. Hang in there.There is hope. Angels among us.
                          Hang in there , There is hope.
                          There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Hey, TSmart! I live in McKinney and would love to share stories with you! As a matter of fact,we have a new support group for the DFW area. Our first meeting was June 2 and I really got a lot out of it! Subsequent meetings will be the first Monday of every month from 7-9 pm. If you'd like info, pm or email me at [email protected] I'd be happy to give you info and the email of the support group leader!
                            Welcome to the boards---this is my saving grace!
                            Alyson
                            Alyson
                            -------------------------------
                            If you have time to worry, you have time to pray!

Comment

I live in Flower Mound TX and I would love to get involved with a support group. I am also interested in a good uroligist. I am very new at this and feel very alone sometimes. I have some great friends that listen to me and a family that is learning to be supportive, but they have no idea how I feel. I am thankful that both my kids seem to have no UTI issues. Any information would be appreciated. hi

Comment

I live just north of Dallas and I would love to get involved with a support group!
                                LK

Comment

Working...
                                X