Anyone in Dallas area had Botox injections??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • positive-tude
    • Aug 2002

Anyone in Dallas area had Botox injections??

I was wondering if anyone in the area has had Botox injected into the bladder ? If so what were your results ?????
    I am trying to do some research on this and have read the post on the board but did not see any from this area.
    I do want any and all information I can get good and bad. I want all the fact before I make my decision on weather to go with this or not.

Thanks All,

grouphug
    It's not easy to step out on faith, but you can stand steady on God's promises. So go in confidence, knowing that God's grace and my prayers are always with all of you.
  • Dianne
    IC Friend
    • Mar 2000

I had it done in Houston if that helps. I wasn't a success case I'm sorry to report but I'm happy to discuss it.
    Dianne

My bellydance "sisters" , our dogs, and me.

Comment

• rlblakely
      • Aug 2002

I want to hear - even if it was not a success.
      What happened. Like what did they do and what were the results ???
      Was the pain worse after the injection - did you have any relief at all ??
      Any information you can give me would help.

Thanks,
      It's not easy to step out on faith, but you can stand steady on God's promises. So go in confidence, knowing that God's grace and my prayers are always with all of you.

Comment

• Dianne
        IC Friend
        • Mar 2000

I had it done in the office which was my choice as insurance wouldn't pay it in the hospital and he was willing to do at cost (which I appreciated) if I could handle it under a local. To my knowledge I was the first person in that area to attempt under a local and I wouldn't recommend that now that I've done it. I had mine done 8/15. They put the lidocaine gel in the urethra and then a Q-tip in to hold it which about did me in. I almost fainted from the scope going in but I have a very involved urethra. He injected 20 places in the lower bladder through the cystoscope. It was like the worst cramping I had ever had-like a uterine biopsy only lasting 30 mins. I didn't experience needle sticks, the sensation was cramping. What was unbearable though was the manipulation of the scope to be able to reach the different areas, esp. the far sides of the bladder. I did however walk the 1/2 mi. back to the hotel and I had an ok first night and that was the end of the good. I felt bruised in the urethra and lower bladder. The paralysis part hit in a few days and I couldn't empty so I tried cathing, but the cathing was too painful to stand since urethra so inflammed. I've never been able to tolerate a cath since, even just for a speciman. It is so horrendously painful now since the botox procedure I really can't stand it so had to bag any sort of instill as back up plan. So the botox affected motor function but unfortunately not sensory in my case. I found out I could push out the last 100cc residual by pressing lightly on bladder and I still have to push out the last 100cc. At first I couldn't void til I had about 100cc. I can void now at whim but can't empty. In my case I have pain at 30cc so it definitely made me worse because I now couldn't even pee easily for pain relief. My urethra has never been the same. I don't know if the cystoscope or the Q-tip damaged something or not. I doubt it was the botox since I didn't have my urethra injected. I don't know if pressing on bladder to empty is causing urethral pain but I think it's possible. I had only had one infection in the 9 years since the botox and now I've had one on top of the other and have been on/off antibiotics for 2 mos. I wonder if that is related to the fact I can't empty. The feeling of bruising is gone but I've started having uretrhal spasms and one day of bladder spasms which is brand new and never had before. I hate to tell people my story because I don't want to discourage anyone. This has been a lifesaver for many and I so wish I would have been one. I think the reason it bombed for me and this is just a guess, but my IC is primarily dome of bladder so I think lower bladder injections just missed all the involved areas in my case. If I had it to do over of course, wish I wouldn't have done and won't do again, but really I was desperate and had to try it. Also I never had spasms as part of my IC and I think maybe people with spasms might be better candidates. My pain I think is from urine on the cuts and I think botox didn't help with that like it would if pain caused by spasms but that's just my opinion and no idea if based on fact. I went into it with eyes wide open and accept full responsibility for my decision to try it. I don't begrudge anyone that it didn't work for me. I was well informed, gambled and lost. I have no idea what to do next. All that's left is clorpactin vs. interstim and haven't made a decision. So mine is a negative experience but there are many positives out there and I'm hoping they will post after me so you get a balanced view. Best of luck.
        Dianne

My bellydance "sisters" , our dogs, and me.

Comment

Working...