Washington DC - The Centers for Vulvovaginal Disorders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington DC - The Centers for Vulvovaginal Disorders

Has anyone been to the Centers for Vulvovaginal Disorders in Washington, DC? I see that the ICN carries Dr. Goldstein's book. I am calling there tomorrow to make an appointment -- IC & VV out of remission and on the warpath stemming from a shingles attack in November which went into post herpetic neuralgia. It looks like the Center treats all of those things. I live in Chantilly, VA.

Thanks and God's Blessings to All --

Meach
    MEACH

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Mathew 11:28-29

Hi there. No I haven't been there. The urologists I tried in DC itself was the GW doctors. I saw a urologist in Reston and another in Fairfax as well.
    In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
    11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

Washington DC - The Centers for Vulvovaginal Disorders

Anna - thanks for the reply. Were any of the urologists that you saw in the area able to help you at all?

Meach
      MEACH

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." Mathew 11:28-29

Comment

They were good. I live and work too far from the urologist in Reston though. It's the Urology Group.
        In memory of my beloved best friend in the whole world! Timmy (West Highland White Terrier)
        11/24/04-9/5/2011

God Bless,

Anna

Comment

I just started going to the GynoUrologist group in Fairfax. My Dr. is Dr. Von Pechmann, and the group is Mid Atlantic Pelvic Surgery Associates. I have found more relief going the non-medicated route and by changing my diet via whole-foods elimination diet.

MP
          Diagnosed with IC since 2008. What I'm doing: 1. Reduce Stress (Sleep...10:30 bedtime MAX 2. Diet: Free of Grains, gluten, soy, dairy, eggs, some nightshades, and I avoid foods on IC list when possible, although IC-list foods don't bother me as much as these other things do. 3. What do I eat? At first the garbanzo bean pattie was my staple (http://tinyurl.com/bddoas4, look for my post). Now I'm on the Auto Immune Profile diet/AIP (Google 'Paleo mom AIP' for more info). 4. IC THESIS: IC is for me and many of us, a systemic issue. I'm looking into Hormone probs, Food intolerances, Leaky Gut, Candida, and oxalate issues. 5. Chronicle of my journey: Read about my ongoing learning here: http://www.weallseeic.blogspot.com I kiss my family every day. Stay positive everyone. I know we can beat this! IMPORTANT UPDATE ABOUT MY USER NAME: I had to redo my registration/username because I messed something up on my original registration (Something to do with my signature? HTML codes? Blah blah blah. Donna and I tried to figure it out, but alas, we decided the best thing I should do is just get a new userid. My new user ID is minharopaola+

Comment

Working...
          X