Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to thank each and everyone of you for helping me get this information together for Jill to make the low income board so it was easier for each person to find easier please everyone remember I try to keep the low income board on the message board updated as offen as poss. if i find something with new funds i post it here on the boards for everyone to see.
    There is also help on the low income board for others who are having a hard time making ends meat with help with there power bills houseing phone bills food housing medicine schooling. etc etc.
    thanks everyone for helping with these boards.
    if you find a link that will help please feel free to post it on the low income board.
    Thanks
    Rhonda
    Medicine taken daily or as needed:
    1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
    2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
    3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
    4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
    5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
    5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
    6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
    7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

Thank you redmowii for your information.
      much love sent to you.
      Rhonda
      Medicine taken daily or as needed:
      1. Heaprin and Marcaine rescue installment 1 to 3x daily as needed.
      2. MS.Cotin 100mg 3x daily
      3. MSIR 30mg 1 or 2 every 4-6hrs as needed for breakthrew pain.
      4. Fentanyl 100 mg Change every 48hrs.
      5. Gentamicin 80mg install after each rescue treatment
      5 Leviquin 500mg self start as needed.
      6. Klonopin 1 or 2 daily as needed.
      7. Prosed/DS as 1 every 6hrs as needed.

I have IC, but IC doesn't have me anymore!

Comment

WOW i have been freaking out for several weeks now trying to figure out how in the world i was going to get any help with my medicines now that i have no insurance.......i am going to check into some of these sites and see what and how they work.......
        thanks for the info
        kristi

Comment

State/Federal drug assistance

If you have no insurance, you may be eligeable for medicare/mediCal or whatever federal/state assistance there is in your state. Look in the government pages for a listing under Health Services. This is better than drug company help as it covers all perscriptions (at least it does in CA). Or, do both as MediCal does not always cover new drugs or unusual ones. Even if MediCal says it does not cover your drug, appeal it. They will consult your doctor, and many times they will cover it.

Also, look on the home page of IC-network for disability/low income assistance.

Mary M

Comment

Dear Marym, I am not sure, but isn't this Premarin gotten from pregnant mares urine? This was on 60 minutes some time ago. I found that the pill even caused me problems and discontinued it. Surely there is something else to take. They have patches now and I believe that, but cannot remember the name, that it is more normal estrogen than premarin.

Comment

yes, Premarin IS from mare urin Pre (progesterone) mar (Mare) in (urine)
              PREMARIN
              Hmmm....wonder if female horses ever have hot flashes then???!!!??? LOL
              Northern NY state has a great IC Support Group!
              ( contact me for details )

Comment

Found the word I was looking for - Estradiol.

Comment

I've also found needymeds.com very helpful. My husband gets his lipitor for free this way. I am in the process of getting my diagnosis, and am looking at getting on some drugs for pain, etc. . so all this info is very, very helpful. Also, always ask for samples. . depending on the drug, your dr may have plenty available - so at least you can get a trial period of the drug for free.
                  Janice

IC Symptoms since 04/05
                  Finished NIDDK Amitriptyline Study 11/05

Current Meds:
                  Elmiron 400mg (since 12/13/05)

Comment

MyFreeMedicationsProgram

I have a Drug Assistance Program, that will help anyone who is spending
                    more than $100 a month on medications, have no medication
                    insurance, couple who income is less than $2,000 a month,
                    a single person who income is less than $1,300 a month, Doctors
                    can help any patients who is eligible under our programs to get
                    their medications FREE for 6 months.

Comment

another prescription assistance site....

Hi Kadi,
                      Not sure what the proper way is to add this ....I tried to PM to a couple of people last week but they must be dealing with issues of their own and I received no answer...... so:

This has been a big thing here in the New York area ... advertised on TV with Montel Williams helping to educate people. It looks like lots of individual assistance programs have joined together .... so take a look and please let me know what you find AND if it works for anyone needing help.

http://WWW.pparx.com

Partnership for Prescription Assistance ...

HTH .....Liz

PS:Lucky for me I just got the Medicare part D from AARP ...and so will be able to afford my Elmiron!! :woohoo:
                      There is also an area on the above site with information about the Medicare programs and which makes it easier for anyone on disability or retired to understand it!!

Comment

:woohoo: i just wanted to tell everyone that If you are thinking about trying any of the drug programs do it I just got back from being at my sisters house for a week and a letter and my drug card was in the mail. I have been approved for a year of free elmiron and the Duragesic patches. I am so excited I hope that it helps me get this pain under control. :woohoo:
                        Amber Sevy

Comment

Amber
                          That is great news! I am also getting Elmiron for free and my Vistaril. Its been such a huge relief because I could not afford Elmiron otherwise. And the nice thing about Elmiron, once you are approved, you are approved for a whole year, and they send out the refills (to your dr's office) automatically. (You don't have to re-apply every 90 days like with some of the programs).

I really hope you find they help you. I think Elmiron is helping me.
                          Janice

IC Symptoms since 04/05
                          Finished NIDDK Amitriptyline Study 11/05

Current Meds:
                          Elmiron 400mg (since 12/13/05)

Comment

I simply cannot find an assistance program that will help since I have insurance. But Elmiron is moving up to Tier 3 (highest) copayment and will be over $45 a month, I can barely buy groceries let alone pay higher for RX! I dont know what to do. get off it I guess? But then what, deal with the problem? I cant afford to "experiement" with alternative/natural vitamins, etc. UGH!
                            ~Sierra

Comment

I feel your pain........my medicaid is fixing to be gone since my husband finally found a job, alas no insurance and we cannot afford insurance that will cover me.......so I take enablex and urelle and those two alone is going to cost me 312.00 a month........everything i take would be like 629.00 a month ......i have no clue what to do and i am freaking out........'
                              kristi

Comment

I was looking at some of the web sites for drug assistance. I came across this one and thought it maybe helpful to someone.

http://www.freemedicineprogram.com/available_medicine/e

Elmiron was one of the drugs on the list. These medicines are available at no cost to those that qualify for prescription drug manufacturers patient assistance program.

Judy
                                -IC diet
                                -Elmiron: 200 mg/per day
                                - Lyrica: 200 mg/per day
                                -Amitriptyline: (Elavil) 50mg/per day
                                - Vesicare 5mg per day
                                -Atarax: 25mg/per day
                                -Heparin/Lidocaine/Sodium Bicarb instills 5 per week or as needed
                                -Prelief as needed

Comment

Working...
                                X