This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drug Programs in New Zealand

I wonder if anyone can help. I am living in New Zealand and when I asked my doctor about Elmiron he couldn't find it on his list of available drugs in New Zealand. I left it at that as I had been given a contact in Australia. I cannot afford to import Elmiron and therefore wondered if anyone would know if or who I could contact regarding assistance in getting Elmiron into New Zealand at an affordable price. Or even if any companies in New Zealand offer a drug assitstance program.

Any info would be much appreciated. Am in a V BAD flare and have just started temp work! It's killing me.
    "Divided is the one who dances for the soul is so exposed"

Comment

lost medical coverage

i know longer qualify for medicaid so i cannot see my doctor anymore nor can i get my medicine is there any other way to get help lost in new orleans with no insurance and know clinic anymore after the hurricane

Comment

Help with Insurance Issues

Hello-

I work for an organization that helps with reimbursement issues and patient assistance programs. Although I do not specifically worked with IC drugs, I myself have IC, so I feel I can try to help. I can tell you that I have had no luck with Anthem covering Lyrica for IC, so if anyone has, please let me know. I will be glad to help with other issues though- If anyone has any questions about how to get your doctor to submit a prior authorization, appeals, or help find a patient assistance program, I will be glad to try to help. I may not be able to tell you if your specific insurance plan covers you drugs or not, but I can help you to find out how. Here is a link for a patient assistance program for Lyrica (I did not see it on the IC drug assistance list): https://www.pfizerpro.com/content/pa...e_programs.jsp

Feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks,
        Carjet

Comment

Just want to rejuvinate this thread, as I'm sure a lot of us are struggling with drug costs. We are in a tough situation with pain meds, fentanyl patches and oxycodone are costing us over $650 a month. We have just a few too many dollars in bank to qualify for government help, but we have a mortgage. Bob's disability covers the mortgage, but nothing else. So we draw on savings. We get a small discount from Walgreens (WOW $18) but this will be a huge issue in a year when our savings are exhausted. With all of his other meds for other conditions, we would be in the donut hole in about 6 weeks, so Part D seems ridiculous. Anybody out there getting any help with pain meds through any other programs? Would appreciate anything you've got. Most pain meds seem to be nixxed by the pharmecuetical companies as far as patient assistance. Thanks. Jill, wife of Bob

Comment

I can also sympathize everyone! I have insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield, but also have high copays. My meds are costing me several hundreds of dollars each month here lately. And of course, Blue Cross doesn't cover compounds. Ugh.
            Sarah

Dx: IC, fibromyalgia, PFD, chronic pelvic pain, vulvodynia, endo, ovarian cysts, pelvic congestion syndrome, Vitamin B12 deficiency, hypothyroidism

Comment

I just left the pharmacy leaving some of my prescriptions there - my hormonal/vaginal cream and my beloved Elmiron. The cream was to be $195 and the Elmiron was going to be $400. My insurance does not cover it at all. No exceptions. I am so frustrated at this moment. I am going to start checking on these programs now and see what I can find out. I cannot afford $400 a month for Elmiron. My husband and I are not working.
              RagnarsCricket

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” *~*Theodore Roosevelt

Diagnosed IC 4-2009
              Diagnosed Fibromyalgia/CFS/Carpel Tunnel 6/2011
              Diagnosed Lupus 2/2012

Current Meds
              Vesicare 10 MG 1 time per day
              Elmiron 100 MG 3 times a day
              Premarin Vaginal Cream
              Pyridium as needed
              Ultram 200mg/day
              Ultram 50mg tablets for breakthrough pain
              Gabapentin 300 mg 3 times a day
              Amitriptyline 50 mg at bedtime
              prednisone

Additional Pain Management:
              Gangliar Impar Nerve Blocks (approx every 2-3 mths) - currently discontinued due to finances
              **Considering Interstim Implant this fall (2011)**

Comment

After spending $85 for 30 pills of Detrol LA (with insurance) and coming on here...I found a $20.00 rebate for the Detrol I just paid for. Thanks so much. Link is below. Hope this helps someone!

https://www.detrolla.com/rebate.aspx
                RagnarsCricket

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” *~*Theodore Roosevelt

Diagnosed IC 4-2009
                Diagnosed Fibromyalgia/CFS/Carpel Tunnel 6/2011
                Diagnosed Lupus 2/2012

Current Meds
                Vesicare 10 MG 1 time per day
                Elmiron 100 MG 3 times a day
                Premarin Vaginal Cream
                Pyridium as needed
                Ultram 200mg/day
                Ultram 50mg tablets for breakthrough pain
                Gabapentin 300 mg 3 times a day
                Amitriptyline 50 mg at bedtime
                prednisone

Additional Pain Management:
                Gangliar Impar Nerve Blocks (approx every 2-3 mths) - currently discontinued due to finances
                **Considering Interstim Implant this fall (2011)**

Comment

Working...
                X