X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RagnarsCricket
    replied
    After spending $85 for 30 pills of Detrol LA (with insurance) and coming on here...I found a $20.00 rebate for the Detrol I just paid for. Thanks so much. Link is below. Hope this helps someone!

https://www.detrolla.com/rebate.aspx

Leave a comment:

• RagnarsCricket
    replied
    I just left the pharmacy leaving some of my prescriptions there - my hormonal/vaginal cream and my beloved Elmiron. The cream was to be $195 and the Elmiron was going to be $400. My insurance does not cover it at all. No exceptions. I am so frustrated at this moment. I am going to start checking on these programs now and see what I can find out. I cannot afford $400 a month for Elmiron. My husband and I are not working.

Leave a comment:

• Sarah85
    replied
    I can also sympathize everyone! I have insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield, but also have high copays. My meds are costing me several hundreds of dollars each month here lately. And of course, Blue Cross doesn't cover compounds. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• bob04951
    replied
    Just want to rejuvinate this thread, as I'm sure a lot of us are struggling with drug costs. We are in a tough situation with pain meds, fentanyl patches and oxycodone are costing us over $650 a month. We have just a few too many dollars in bank to qualify for government help, but we have a mortgage. Bob's disability covers the mortgage, but nothing else. So we draw on savings. We get a small discount from Walgreens (WOW $18) but this will be a huge issue in a year when our savings are exhausted. With all of his other meds for other conditions, we would be in the donut hole in about 6 weeks, so Part D seems ridiculous. Anybody out there getting any help with pain meds through any other programs? Would appreciate anything you've got. Most pain meds seem to be nixxed by the pharmecuetical companies as far as patient assistance. Thanks. Jill, wife of Bob

Leave a comment:

• carjet
    replied
    Help with Insurance Issues

Hello-

I work for an organization that helps with reimbursement issues and patient assistance programs. Although I do not specifically worked with IC drugs, I myself have IC, so I feel I can try to help. I can tell you that I have had no luck with Anthem covering Lyrica for IC, so if anyone has, please let me know. I will be glad to help with other issues though- If anyone has any questions about how to get your doctor to submit a prior authorization, appeals, or help find a patient assistance program, I will be glad to try to help. I may not be able to tell you if your specific insurance plan covers you drugs or not, but I can help you to find out how. Here is a link for a patient assistance program for Lyrica (I did not see it on the IC drug assistance list): https://www.pfizerpro.com/content/pa...e_programs.jsp

Feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks,
    Carjet

Leave a comment:

• bridget29
    replied
    lost medical coverage

i know longer qualify for medicaid so i cannot see my doctor anymore nor can i get my medicine is there any other way to get help lost in new orleans with no insurance and know clinic anymore after the hurricane

Leave a comment:

• AngelEyes
    replied
    Drug Programs in New Zealand

I wonder if anyone can help. I am living in New Zealand and when I asked my doctor about Elmiron he couldn't find it on his list of available drugs in New Zealand. I left it at that as I had been given a contact in Australia. I cannot afford to import Elmiron and therefore wondered if anyone would know if or who I could contact regarding assistance in getting Elmiron into New Zealand at an affordable price. Or even if any companies in New Zealand offer a drug assitstance program.

Any info would be much appreciated. Am in a V BAD flare and have just started temp work! It's killing me.

Leave a comment:

• Judy777
    replied
    I was looking at some of the web sites for drug assistance. I came across this one and thought it maybe helpful to someone.

http://www.freemedicineprogram.com/available_medicine/e

Elmiron was one of the drugs on the list. These medicines are available at no cost to those that qualify for prescription drug manufacturers patient assistance program.

Judy

Leave a comment:

• gloriabono68
    replied
    I feel your pain........my medicaid is fixing to be gone since my husband finally found a job, alas no insurance and we cannot afford insurance that will cover me.......so I take enablex and urelle and those two alone is going to cost me 312.00 a month........everything i take would be like 629.00 a month ......i have no clue what to do and i am freaking out........'
    kristi

Leave a comment:

• Sassysi
    replied
    I simply cannot find an assistance program that will help since I have insurance. But Elmiron is moving up to Tier 3 (highest) copayment and will be over $45 a month, I can barely buy groceries let alone pay higher for RX! I dont know what to do. get off it I guess? But then what, deal with the problem? I cant afford to "experiement" with alternative/natural vitamins, etc. UGH!

Leave a comment:

• JaniceB
    replied
    Amber
    That is great news! I am also getting Elmiron for free and my Vistaril. Its been such a huge relief because I could not afford Elmiron otherwise. And the nice thing about Elmiron, once you are approved, you are approved for a whole year, and they send out the refills (to your dr's office) automatically. (You don't have to re-apply every 90 days like with some of the programs).

I really hope you find they help you. I think Elmiron is helping me.
    Janice

Leave a comment:

• amber sevy
    replied
    :woohoo: i just wanted to tell everyone that If you are thinking about trying any of the drug programs do it I just got back from being at my sisters house for a week and a letter and my drug card was in the mail. I have been approved for a year of free elmiron and the Duragesic patches. I am so excited I hope that it helps me get this pain under control. :woohoo:

Leave a comment:

• quiltz
    replied
    another prescription assistance site....

Hi Kadi,
    Not sure what the proper way is to add this ....I tried to PM to a couple of people last week but they must be dealing with issues of their own and I received no answer...... so:

This has been a big thing here in the New York area ... advertised on TV with Montel Williams helping to educate people. It looks like lots of individual assistance programs have joined together .... so take a look and please let me know what you find AND if it works for anyone needing help.

http://WWW.pparx.com

Partnership for Prescription Assistance ...

HTH .....Liz

PS:Lucky for me I just got the Medicare part D from AARP ...and so will be able to afford my Elmiron!! :woohoo:
    There is also an area on the above site with information about the Medicare programs and which makes it easier for anyone on disability or retired to understand it!!

Leave a comment:

• JIMY
    replied
    MyFreeMedicationsProgram

I have a Drug Assistance Program, that will help anyone who is spending
    more than $100 a month on medications, have no medication
    insurance, couple who income is less than $2,000 a month,
    a single person who income is less than $1,300 a month, Doctors
    can help any patients who is eligible under our programs to get
    their medications FREE for 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• JaniceB
    replied
    I've also found needymeds.com very helpful. My husband gets his lipitor for free this way. I am in the process of getting my diagnosis, and am looking at getting on some drugs for pain, etc. . so all this info is very, very helpful. Also, always ask for samples. . depending on the drug, your dr may have plenty available - so at least you can get a trial period of the drug for free.
    Janice

Leave a comment:

Working...
X