I wish we could start a fund raiser for a trust for icn members to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,

This subject is very interesting to me. I am very fortuate as the organization my husband works for has wonderful insurance benefits but, I am very aware that there are those of us who do not have the greatest insurance and, in some cases, none at all.

There are organizations who offer a type of insurance benefit through "shared medical cost" programs. I have seen the ads in Christian magazines. I believe that they operate by having members send money into a "general fund" type of account. Each member sends an amount decided upon by the company. When medical services are rendured to an otherwise uninsured member, that member sends some type of proof of the expenditure (copies of bills or canceled checks) and the company mails that member a check to cover or reimburse most or all of the costs of medical procdeures and/or drug costs.

I know nothing about the legalities or logistics required with this type of program nor if this is even something ICN would want to be involved in. It probably would have to be some kind of "trust organizatiion" and be listed with the government to do business. Maybe the legal department of ICN would know how, or even if, something like this is viable.

No matter what type of fund, if any, is decided upon, I would definitely be favorable to do what I can to help, either monetarily or physically.

Sharon
    Sharon

Shopping??? Did someone mention shopping? I'll get my hat... ;-)

Where I can be found most days.

Link to the ICN Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Link to the IC Diet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

This is such a good idea...

with all the barriers to accessing care in america,(NOT specifically barriers for IC patients- thats a whole other story) prescription costs are only ONE of them, and on the bottem of the list.....it would be so nice if we could do something to just make that one paticular barrier to care a little less of a barrier.

I read somewhere that quality of life for IC patients is "lower than that of patients undergoing chronic dialysis for renal failure. Other studies put IC quality of life below that of hypertension, but above that of Rheumatoid Arthritis. " -Philip Hanno MD, Reviews in Urology Sept 2002-- thats with all the med treatments we have. Everyone should have acess to at least that, as minimum as it may be.

Im game to help as much as I can!!
      Hugs Rachel [img]wink.gif[/img]
      @[email protected]
      "Well the Secret O'Life is enjoying the passage of time." ~James Taylor

Comment

I think this is a GREAT idea. I have been fortunate enough to have wonderful medical insurance. Maybe there is some way we could work this out.......count me in!!!!!

Kelli
        IC Angel: Proudly supporting the Children and the Elderly with IC.

E-Mail: [email protected]

http://www.myspace.com/lilmiss200595

Revelation 21:4
        "And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away."

Comment

It is a great idea, and I'll help if I can too!

Comment

Why don't some of you state you would be willing to be written up by the drug companies. That should get some sort of response as to free medicines.

Comment

PLEASE READ MY MESSAGE I FOUND HELP WITH COST OF MEDS IT'S IN THE MESSAGE BOARD

HOPE I CAN HELP ISY
              ISY

Comment

Write something up of the reason there is a need for this, and who can benefit from this. Give us a place to send the money. I believe this can be done and will work.
                Good Job
                Faith, Hope, and Love,
                Katrina

I believe God is using me. He uses me for God. Things I gain from all my suffering are meant to help others. I hope I can help you too. Email me or start a chat if you like my help or anything. I CARE!Illnesses: IC,IBS, IBD, GERD, PFD, Epilepsy, Endo, Allergies, RLM,Rapid heart beat, low blood pressure,Gastritis,Gall stones,Tendonitis,migraines, Shingles, Prolapsed pouch,ext. fatigue (current problem) I have seen periods of remission and I have seen them end and return. At this time remission is over and working on getting it back!

IC Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
                or find me on facebook http://www.facebook.com/kat671?ref=profile
                Be the Miracle! & Pay it Forward!

[email protected] please contact me...I am here to help!

Comment

I MESSED UP THE MESSAGE SORRY MEDS THAT DAY HAD ME SPACED, BUT THE FUND RAISER IS FROM ME I SET UP A CATOLOG OF MERCHANISE TO SELL ICN GETS 1/2 THE PRODECES. MONEY GETS MAILED TO ME I ORDER THE PRODUCTS AND SHIP IT TO YOUR HOUSE OR YOUR CUSTOMER HOUSES HOW EVER YOU PREFER IT. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS PM ME OR POST THEM I AM STILL WAITING FOR ANSWER FROM JILL. I WOULD LOVE TO BE OF SOME HELP TO PEOPLE THAT CAN AFFORD CARE. 1/2 THE PRODECES GO TO ICN WELL THATS MY IDEA I CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN IF EVERY ONE IS WILLING TO SELL. THE ONLY THING I HAVE TO ASK IS THAT EVERYONE MUST PAY A $1.00 FOR THE CATALOG I AM ONE THAT CAN NOT AFFORD MUCH IF I PAID FOR EVERYTHING I WOULD GO UNDER

THANK YOU
                  ISY
                  ISY

Comment

Wow this would be wonderful. I dont have any insurance and sometimes I am unable to get my meds filled. This would be a life safer. LisaK

Comment

Working...
                    X