Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• auntiedeb
    replied
    If you are a student you should be able to get some kind of coverage under Dads plan or insurance through the school. How about cobra? Have you pushed the issue though? have you tried Social Security? I know that you can work so many hours and still recive Social Security. You don't have to be fully disabled to get it. It may take a few times to get it. I need to try to get it again in a few months if I am not better. I like working, it is good for me.I am working 34 hours a week,full time. Hang in there. There is hope. Will be praying for you. Let us know how you make out Grinch.

Leave a comment:

• Grinch
    replied
    I asked around and that no longer exist. You can only collect until you are 18 years old. The government what a wonderful world.

Leave a comment:

• yvette
    replied
    Sorry I should have clarified. When my dad retired, and I also was an adult student I got SS benfits because HE retired. I also did NOT have IC at the time. Because I was his daughter, it was money to "take care" of me.

Leave a comment:

• liz2
    replied
    I don't means to sound negative, but Social Security will be harder to get since you have been able to go to school.

Leave a comment:

• yvette
    replied
    I was thinking, you may qualify for Social security benefits.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    You probably already know this, but you could get COBRA for up to a year, I think, and that might buy you some time while you try to find other coverage.

Leave a comment:

• jaime15
    replied
    In most states I thought you only had to show proof you are still in school? But that's for regular coverage. I have no idea about someone retiring. I'm sure it'll be fine and you'll get the o.k. for the state's ins. Try not to worry cause that'll only make you sicker.
    Take care and maybe you'll get more posts.
    Jaime

Leave a comment:

• yvette
    replied
    :o hi, sorry to sound dumb but who is *he*? (ie: The person retiring) Is he your Dad or your husband...(?)

Leave a comment:

• Grinch
    started a topic worried

worried

I am student right now and my insurance is covered through his job. He is retiring in September and I graduate from college next year. Once he retires I will have no coverage. My mother was recently laid off from her job. I have to fill out 20 pages of information describing my disability for my local state insurance. I am worried that I will not qualify or that they will deny me. Does anyone have any suggestions, tips, or back up plans I could use?
Working...
X