Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical expenses

Hi all
    I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions for me to get help paying all my medical expenses. When I was able to work I could work overtime and be able to pay the thousands of dollars of medical bills. For the last years though depending on disability is getting harder and harder. I have COBRA insurance and I don't know how much longer I can even pay that.
    I applied several times for help from the state and I got denied every time. I don't understand. When I was fighting for my disability I went 9 months without a pay check and I don't have any other means of income but my own. It is really hard to pay for heat, phone bills, electric bills, mortages, car payments AND thousands of dollars of medical bills.

I know I am not the only one with this issue but I can't believe there is nothing out there to help sick people live. No wonder people give up the fight.

So if anyone has any suggestions of where I can look for help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much for your ideas!
    Current diagnosis
    Severe IC, Severe Endometriosis(keeps growing back all over despite surgeries and treatment), Chronic ovarian cysts, Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Inguinal hernia, bursititis of the hip, Migraines, IBS, Celiac disease, CROHN'S Disease, Chronic Constipation, Chronic anal fissures, Vulvodynia, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Pirisformis muscle spasms,vulvar vestibulitis, chronic insomnia, Burning Mouth Syndrome, Brain TUMOR, Chronic Lyme Disease,Temporomandibular Joint Disorder,Degenerative disc disease,Arthritis.
    Allergies: Elmiron, Levaquin, Sulfa-Anaphylactic shock,Morphine, Doxyclycline,Cipro

Treatments I have tried:Bladder instillations, Oral meds-Elmiron, Elavil (amitryptyline), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril & Atarax), Ditropan, Levsin, Urispas, Urised, Pyridium, Cystoprotek, Desert HarvestAloe,antibiotics,Ultram,Neurontin,Valium,Tramadol,Lunesta,Ketor olac,Cipro,Meloxicam,Dilaudid,Morphine,Vicoden,Darvocet,oxycontin,Lyri ca,Cymbalta,Nortriptyline,Enblex,Baclofen,Clonidine,oxybutynin,Detrol, Nitroglycerine ,Vesicare,Sanctura(there are more but this is enough)
    Physcial Therapy, Cystoscopy with Hydrodistentions, Numerous Nerve Blocks, Neuromodulation-including Sacral neuromodulation(Interstim) and post-tibial nerve stimulation (Urgent PC-12week), Botox, bladder instills, physical therapy, natural(herbs)Current meds: Long list..just email if you are interested
    Interstim implants--8 plus surgeries for them.
    I am selling IC awareness bracelets, keychains, pens and pins..if interested please email me! ThanksFeel free to email me at [email protected].
    One day at a time

Have you looked at this...I know it says drug assistance but it might have info in there about other expenses.

http://www.ic-network.com/drugassistance/
    Hugs
    Ronda

ONE Second, ONE Bite, ONE Breath, ONE Pill, ONE Minute, ONE Teardrop, ONE Hour, ONE Sip.. ONE DAY! I will Prevail from this disease! IC Hoping for a Cure!

Link to Patient Handbook:
    http://www.ic-network.com/handbook/

Diet Reference Sheet:
    http://www.ic-network.com/diet/icndi...tsheet0909.pdf

Meds For IC: Lyrica-25mg Glucosamine-500 MSM-500mg, Prosed Ds -When Flaring

Other Meds: Levlite- Continious Birtcontrol, Micardis-40mg for High Blood Pressure

Meds I have Tried:
    Topamax,Tofranil, Elmiron, Atarax, Cymbalta, Elavil, Enablex, Detral La, Prydium.
    Lexapro< Bad reaction to this med!
    Intstills, could not continue them due to some kind of reaction after 3rd instill. Tasted the lidocaine in my mouth, tongue and lips went numb then went into what seemed like a panic attack. Shaking, racing heart, tingling face/head, blood pressure shot up..

Dx With IC in Nov 2006 with Hydro/Cysto
    Hydro/Cysto Caused Bladder to Rupture.

Other Dxs-Vulvodynia,Fibro, Endo, IBS, HPV, Migraines, Spastic Colon, Mild Dysplasia.

ICN Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

Have you checked with the facilities where you incrued the bills? Many drs around here have charity care programs where they cover the bills from that facility. Especially hospitals bith big hospitals here offer programs. Private drs often do a sliding scale. The DHHR office here told me that they can do a disability evaulation on people to get medicaid. It has nothing to do with the SS asministration b/c I know you already got approved for SS. This is their own evaulation they often do on people whom are waiting on Medicare to get approved after the SS waiting period. Don't know if this makes much sense. Call your DHHR office and ask if they offer this. I know you said you have applied for Medicaid over and over but this is different. It has nothing to do with income, just physical condition. Hope this helps.
      With Lots of Love and Wishes for Pain Free Days~Heather

~I was diagnosed with Interstitial Cystitis at the age of 23, 4 months after getting married. I also have severe Endometriosis, Adhesion Disease and Pelvic Floor Dysfunction. All of which were diagnosed AFTER being diagnosed with IC. Before IC my only health issues were a history of migraines since I was a child and a battle with cervical dysplasia. I had a LEEP in 2007 and have been clear of the cancerous cells since.~

~Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, concerns or comments. Or if you just need a friend, someone to listen. I am almost always lurking around online somewhere. LOL~

Comment

You may be getting turned down for medicaid because you own a house. It's a financial asset. They look at income and assets only, unfortunately not income vs. expenses. This probably doesn't help you at all, except maybe in understanding why you get denied. I guess you should look into what Heather suggested. Or go see a consumer credit counselor. They sometimes have excellent information about ways to get bills reduced.

I'm so sorry you're going through all of this.
        Je vous souhaite de la joie, de la bonne santée, et tout ce qu'il y a de bon dans la vie.
        Wishing you happiness and good health, and all the best out of life.

Peace, Carolyn

Laura (11), Susannah (12 1/2) and Maman (that's me!), North Wildwood NJ, September 2007

On the Beach with IC

Comment

Hi all
          Thanks for the replies. The problem is I do have insurance but really high deductibles before they pay anything. I have to fork out $5000 before they will pay anything. I just think that is crazy!
          I do not own my home. I just wish when I am denied for these things they would tell me WHY. I had asked for help with food last summer and I couldn't even get a gallon of milk. I just think it is so unfair. I wasn't getting a single penny for income for many months and I couldn't even get help buying a gallon of milk.
          I could go on and on about this but I guess that won't do any good. I just have to get well enough to be able to work some day again. Oh how I hope this is true......SOMEDAY!!

Thank you for listening as always!!
          Current diagnosis
          Severe IC, Severe Endometriosis(keeps growing back all over despite surgeries and treatment), Chronic ovarian cysts, Chronic Pelvic Pain Syndrome,Fibromyalgia,Inguinal hernia, bursititis of the hip, Migraines, IBS, Celiac disease, CROHN'S Disease, Chronic Constipation, Chronic anal fissures, Vulvodynia, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, Pirisformis muscle spasms,vulvar vestibulitis, chronic insomnia, Burning Mouth Syndrome, Brain TUMOR, Chronic Lyme Disease,Temporomandibular Joint Disorder,Degenerative disc disease,Arthritis.
          Allergies: Elmiron, Levaquin, Sulfa-Anaphylactic shock,Morphine, Doxyclycline,Cipro

Treatments I have tried:Bladder instillations, Oral meds-Elmiron, Elavil (amitryptyline), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril & Atarax), Ditropan, Levsin, Urispas, Urised, Pyridium, Cystoprotek, Desert HarvestAloe,antibiotics,Ultram,Neurontin,Valium,Tramadol,Lunesta,Ketor olac,Cipro,Meloxicam,Dilaudid,Morphine,Vicoden,Darvocet,oxycontin,Lyri ca,Cymbalta,Nortriptyline,Enblex,Baclofen,Clonidine,oxybutynin,Detrol, Nitroglycerine ,Vesicare,Sanctura(there are more but this is enough)
          Physcial Therapy, Cystoscopy with Hydrodistentions, Numerous Nerve Blocks, Neuromodulation-including Sacral neuromodulation(Interstim) and post-tibial nerve stimulation (Urgent PC-12week), Botox, bladder instills, physical therapy, natural(herbs)Current meds: Long list..just email if you are interested
          Interstim implants--8 plus surgeries for them.
          I am selling IC awareness bracelets, keychains, pens and pins..if interested please email me! ThanksFeel free to email me at [email protected].
          One day at a time

Comment

Working...
          X