Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CheshireKat
    replied
    I have always had trouble sleeping, so a friend of ours recommended Melatonin Pills. She said she used them when her sleeping was off. So I started taking them. After taking it only twice I noticed a huge difference. On the second night, I took it at Midnight, and in half an hour was relaxed and sleepy and as soon as I laid down I passed right out.

The other great thing about Melatonin is that it is a naturally occurring substance in the body, so you aren't putting any harmful new drugs into yourself, and, you don't have any change of becoming independent on it completely =D You should try it one time just to see what happens ^_^

(Make sure you ask your doctor though. Don't want to mess up anything else you are/might be taking)

Leave a comment:

• Taramc
    replied
    Lyrica

Lyrica helps me. It's the 'updated' version of Neurontin, for nerve pain. I also take Amitriptyline (Elavil), though. And I have to add Xanax about once a week if I'm in a bad flare. Sleeping while flaring is SO DIFFICULT!!

Leave a comment:

• mary124
    replied
    I have been taking Neurontin for the last few months (taking 1200mg) and since day one on this dosage I have been able to sleep thru the night, however, every now and then I do get up once or twice but nothing like I was before (5-6tmes) and then trying to get up and go to work in the morning, which was a lot of wear and tear!

Leave a comment:

• curlycue
    replied
    sleep

Thanks for the info. I am going to try to find a sleep MD around here I am concerned about my insurance not wanting to pay for it? I guess we will see?

Leave a comment:

• snowgirl
    replied
    oh i was taking xanax .5mg to sleep then anxiety. sleep md they do not want alteast my guy no benzos . I tried lunesta not as strong as ambien and 100 buck copay - if you have private insurance you can get it for 50 bucks a month. lunesta gives me 3 hrs sleep. nightime is my worst time for frequency and then waking up 5am with anxiety
    they will never give me ambien again with the memory loss and sleepwalking
    sleep md is much better to help you he may even know ic and you can do sleep study from home. you wear this little wrist watch for a week and log things
    vicky

Leave a comment:

• curlycue
    replied
    sleeping

Thanks for the advice.Yea it doesnt seem right to me to see a nurologist, I am going to have to look into a sleep dr like you suggested. The reason I am on the xanax is I cath everyday around 3-4 times a day and sometimes I cant relax at night to do the cath cuz I am so tired of doing it all day? Thanks for info.

Leave a comment:

• snowgirl
    replied
    ok I tookj ambien for 3yrs every night. first took regular ambien 10mg after awhile which is normal it would quit working i would wake up and could not get back to sleep painmd told me very normal with ambien. So, I switched to ambien cr 12.5mg too it for yrs worked great- kept me working full time. then insurance would not pay for ambien cr even with md letter. I switched back to regular ambien and did just fine with it. Now I can take ambien period as I sleep walk and have blackouts. I tried lunesta and it does not put me to sleep. I get 3hr nap on lunesta that is it

do you have a sleep md in your town. I think sleep md would be more appropriate and could help you. I saw sleep md he knows IC very well- ha only md in this town that does. I had two sleep studies

I quit taking xanax to help me sleep at night as it is addictive and terrible w/d getting off of it. welll last night had terrible nightmare. I got up took xanax and could sleep.
    good luck on your neurology consult. vicky

Leave a comment:

• curlycue
    started a topic sleeping

sleeping

Ok Ladies... went to the drs today cuz it seems like the Ambien CR I take has stoped working I have been on it since 2008, my regular dr was not in so I seen the pt she adviced me that I need to see a nuroligist? cuz he can and this is what she said "He can tweek medication for me so I can sleep longer ? and I dont get up at night so much"? what do you guys make of that? so she refilled my Ambien CR and told me to take a Xanax at night if I really cant sleep. I guess that is my next plan. Wish me good luck.
Working...
X