Today is my AA birthday!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is my AA birthday!!!!!!!

Today I am celebrating 15 years of sobriety [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Doesn't seem possible.....15 years ago I was soooooooooo close to death and I never believed for a second that I could do it.
    But, because of ALOT of AA meetings for 7 years and then the I support I've gotten here for the last 3 years, I haven't had to pick up a drink and I am geeked [img]wink.gif[/img]
    teri
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

That is great to hear!! You should really be proud of yourself.. Just wanted to let you know that I am very happy for you.. Keep up the good work!! K-T

Comment

Teri, Congratulations, you really do deserve it. Considereing having IC, etc and being able to stop drinking for so long, you are a true inspiration to everyone. Hugs and a big CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU. Carol [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Carol~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it." --Helen Keller

Comment

(((((((((teri)))))))))))))
        That's awsome!!!! Did you do anything to celebrate?
        Lot of Hugs, I'm so proud of you...
        y. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Somewhere there's a reason /Why things go like they do /Somewhere there's a reason /Why some things just fall through /We don't always see them /For what they really are /But I know there's a reason /Just can't see it from this far /Maybe I don't like it, /But I have no choice /I know that somewhere, /Someone hears my voice / I thought I knew it all /I thought I had it made /How could it end this way? /I thought I knew Somewhere there's a reason /Why things don't go my way /Somewhere there's a reason /That I cannot explain /Just like the change of season, /Just may not be my turn /But I know there's a reason, /The lesson's mine to learn

Comment

I did something VERY special.....my kids still don't remember the date and that doesn't matter anymore. Infact, I don't think about it that often, but I spent the evening with my husband, my son and his VERY VERY pregnant wife and it was GREAT [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
          teri
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

Happy birthday!!! This is an important one for you. That other birthday you have every year is not one you chose --- this is the one you selected --- and every year is a new celebration of the difficult path you walked to get where you are.

Warm birthday hugs,
            Donna
            Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
            Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
            Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
            [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

Congratulations Teri,
              One day at a time, the days turn into weeks, and the weeks turn into years, and we have a whole new life! The first word of the first step is WE - and we don't have to be alone anymore.
              Susie K.
              ~There are no mistakes; only lessons to learn~

Comment

Happy birthday and many more to you.
                I am so proud of you.

Ihope to get there soon.
                Katherine
                Life is what you Make It .By being kind to every one and all creatures your life will be more pleasant. Live your life for GOD and if it were the last day you were alive becausse it maybe.

Comment

Big Hugs to you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! What a great day for you and your family.
                  JOY
                  Blessed Be!!
                  There is more to life than fighting IC!!!

Comment

Thats is great ((((Teri))) I am so happy for you.. Do something nice for yourself to celebrate....
                    huggs,
                    Kelly
                    To the world you might be one person but to one person you might be the world..
                    I am a newbie Angel ~IC Angel Volunteers are not medical authorities nor do we offer medical advice. In all cases, we strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.

Comment

This is a verrrrrry old post from '02...........if Teri gets the chance to pop on here I'm sure she will be thrilled that IC'ers are still celebrating her big day.
                      Tons of support,
                      Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

Oh, that just burst my bubble Jaime....thanks for the save...what a dork not to see that....I feel like a day one poster. LOL....so I hope it's 17 now...........
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
                        Eleanor Roosevelt, This Is My Story, 1937

Comment

You stinker, Betsie.........it's past our bedtime! Everything is running together on me tonight, so you can use that as your excuse.......it would be nice to see Teri around again.
                          I'm headed to bed!
                          Tons of support,
                          Jaime

IC angel helping families in need for the holidays. [email protected]

Comment

LOL jaime sleep tight...but good to see you are on the job....I deleted as you know...it was sooooooooooo over the top........yeesh....I would sleep too if not trying to zap a migraine........... but thanks again.
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
                            Eleanor Roosevelt, This Is My Story, 1937

Comment

Working...
                            X