No announcement yet.

Don't really know where to post this.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely think you should call your doctor and see if you can't get the meds refilled.

And as long as your name is on the house, you can have the locks changed. If you're talking with an attorney, you might discuss a restraining order given the fact that this man stole your medications.

Warm encouraging hugs,
    Donna
    Stay safe

Elmiron Eye Disease Information Center - https://www.ic-network.com/elmiron-p...mation-center/
    Elmiron Eye Disease Fact Sheet (Downloadable) - https://www.ic-network.com/wp-conten...nFactSheet.pdf

Have you checked the ICN Shop?
    Click on ICN Shop at the top of this page. You'll find Bladder Builder and Bladder Rest, both of which we are finding have excellent results.

Patient Help: http://www.ic-network.com/patientlinks.html

Sub-types https://www.ic-network.com/five-pote...markably-well/

Diet list: https://www.ic-network.com/interstitial-cystitis-diet/

AUA Guidelines: https://www.ic-network.com/aua-guide...tial-cystitis/

I am not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. In all cases, I strongly encourage you to discuss your medical treatment with your personal medical care provider. Only they can, and should, give medical recommendations to you.
    [3MG]

Anyone who says something is foolproof hasn't met a determined fool

Comment

In "ODAT" maybe try these on crisis: 100, 124

In "CTC" maybe self love: 183, 206, 151. Crises: 229, 330, 139.

Those are just a few that might be good. What I usually do is say a prayer and ask God to lead me to a reading that would be helpful and then I flip to the index and skim through. Usually something stands out to me and then I read it and reflect on it.
      Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

HI Christine,
        Let me say frist, I have no idea what you must be going through, but I certainly can pray for you.
        Please don't forget, that God loves His children and He will take care of you, I pray.
        Please call your Dr., and explain what happened
        and tell him you have to have a refill. Take it one step at a time, and call your doctor.
        I wish I could help you more.
        GOD BLESS YOU and lots of hugs,
        Susan
        Susan
        People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

Comment

I just returned from my Dr and he was more than helpful. He refilled everything that I needed. He knows the situation at home. Now I just need to get them filled that is going to be the tricky part, since I will have to pay full price for everything since the scripts were just filled by my insurance company.

Thanks for all your kind words. Although I am feeling a bit shaky, I feel like this is for the best. We have not had any relationship for a long time. And I guess I am just mourning about what was and what could have been. And I think one of the sadest things in the world is that you spend 13 years of your life with someone and poof just like that they are gone. That is the thing that makes me so panicy. At one time he was my best friend, and a big part of me(even thought I was wrong)thought in some sick and way he still was. Well enough on that because I am starting to cry and I really haven't cried all day.

Bottom line is he is a crack addict. There really is nothing else. My shrink says that even if I were doing all the things that he was accussing me of he would still be a crack addict and very sick individual. Crack has no medicinal value, the doctors are not caring for his crack addiction or advising him to smoke crack.
          God ain't that the truth.

Thanks again all,
          Christine

Comment

Well I was doing great all day and then he e-mailed me and called and was so nasty to me, that it made me very upset. I asked a couple of questions about medical insurance and he told me it was no longer had any right to ask those questions and it was none of my buisness.

I am not the enemy. But I guess I am going to have to be.

No matter what anyone tells me I still feel so crappy about myself I can't stand it. I can't wait to go to that meeting tomorrow.

I have a feeling that I am going to be using these board to vent alot. I hope you all are up for it.
            Christine

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{Christine}}}}}}}}}} I willbe praying for you. It is not your fault sweetie. Please don't beat yourself up anymore. That is good that he left on his own. Praying for you. Hang in there.
              Hang in there , There is hope.
              There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

We are absolutely up for venting, Christine. Vent away, OK? All of us know how much it helps to get all those thoughts and feelings OUT. Kinda helps take some of their power away.

We are here for you and we love you. I'm glad you can get to a meeting tomorrow night.
                Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Current IC meds: Elmiron (since 2001), Levaquin (one pill after intercourse to prevent UTIs), Effexor (for depression & anxiety)

Past IC meds: Amitriptyline (Elavil), Hydroxyzine (Vistaril), Detrol LA, Lexapro (for depression & anxiety, but also helped my IC) (They all helped, but I was able to discontinue them.)

I've been virtually symptom free and able to eat & drink whatever I'd like for about 8 years now.

“We who lived in concentration camps can remember the men who walked through the huts comforting others, giving away their last piece of bread. They may have been few in number, but they offer sufficient proof that everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms -- to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way.” ~ Viktor Frankl

“You cannot control what happens to you, but you can control your attitude toward what happens to you, and in that, you will be mastering change rather than allowing it to master you.” ~ Brian Tracy

Comment

Get a load of this ****. This is a e-mail I just got from him:Christine,

I didn't see any mail on the porch...and I didn't
                  go inside.
                  Don't put the house on the market because my mother
                  is going to buy it for herself....She's thinking
                  about living there if you're not going to.

I will be using the garage within the next
                  week during the day for I have some work to finish
                  up and I need the tablesaw to do it.

Chris ...If you could be honest about your
                  medication... I could see myself getting sober with
                  you. Unfortunately...you've only showed me (over
                  and over again) that your incabable of doing that.
                  I don't think that I was asking to much, but, you
                  always made me think that I was crazy for pressing the issue by yelling at me. I will not be the escape goat anymore.Brian

Anyway, I am not going into the whole thing now. But as you can see. Its not the crack, its me and my meds. I really hate him right now.

I offered to get him my prescription records
                  but he does not want to see them. I don't even know why I would bother. He is a crack head. I just have to keep telling myself this over and over. And ignore all the rest. Easier said than done.

Goodnite all
                  Christine

Comment

Christine,

Please forgive me if you feel as though I am telling you how to live your life. I'm worried about you, your daughter and your animals. That is my reason for writing the following.

I hope you get to meet with that lawyer asap. At the very least you can find out your rights. It's a start. Knowledge is power. He shouldn't be able to list or sell the house to his "dear ol' mom" or to anyone without you signing off on the deed of transfer. Clearly, he is not in a right mind. My brother is a cocaine and alcohol addict and for over 15 years my mother never believed that he was violent and manipulative until one day a few years ago she saw with her own eyes his fist coming towards my face. It didn't connect, Thanks to God, but mothers, especially of adult sons, I've found tend to defend them to the end despite clear and convincing evidence to the contrary.

Please do whatever is necessary for you, your daughter, and animals to stay as safe as possible. You can go to your local criminal courthouse in your county/city in which you live to get a restraining order. I know it's only a piece of paper but it can cover you and your daughter. Most likely he's bunking with mom so the police will have no probelm serving him if that is the case. Once the RO is in effect, if he then emails, phones, leaves you notes on the porch, etc., or comes within a certain # of feet from the house, you should call the police/911 and it is an automatic arrest (it is in MA and I believe it is in NY also). DT's and Drug Withdrawal suck while you're cooling off in lock-up overnight.

If you fear for your animals' safety maybe there is a trusted friend or 2 or 3 that could each take one in on a temporary basis. I wish Yvette and I were both living in NY right now...if nothing else just to be there for you.

As far as him turning everything around and attempting to make everything your fault that's simply not true. You are on medication prescribed by a doctor that knows you, taking it as directed and for a severly painful disease. As you already know that is a far cry from from smoking crack.

Love and Gentle Hugs,
                    Mary

Comment

You are about to find out that you have a hell of alot more strength than you EVER thought you had So, something wonderful is going to come of this. His disease is in HIS head, not yours. There is NO way you can talk logically with a crack addict. I know, I tried. There is no reasoning, they are DEFINATELY cunning, baffeling and powerful! They can make you feel like you are a complete jerk and that it's all been your fault. DON'T buy into in Christine.

Like the other girls said, get your home protected. Yes, if you change the locks on the doors without a restraining order, he can legally break into the house because legally his still IS you husband and if his name is on the deep, it still belongs to him. Now, with a restraining order, that woudl be different and I think that you sould be thinking about doing that sooner than later because he sounds like he's going to use any excuse it the book to have a reason to hang around.

I can not NOT even begin to imagine what all of this is doing to your bladder. Just know that we are all here for you and hollar, scream, cry, whatever it takes to get you thru the next few months, remember, we are all here for you......

sending you a special angel to keep you stong and safe......I've been there honey, I KNOW you can do it
                      teri
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow".

Comment

hi christine hi , i want to say hang in there hon we are all with you on this,and you need all the support you can get right now.don't let him play these head games with you,you are a much stronger woman then you may think at the moment but you can get through this, and if you need to use us to do it, then do so, that is why we are here.i will be sending many prayers your way as well as lots of love. just hang in there, go to your meetings they do help, and stay strong.carry our love with you,educate yourself on your rights,and you will be ok.
                        much love carolyn grouphug
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        Take one day at a time, for God will never give us more then we can handle...
                        Don't let your past dictate who you are,let it be a part of who you'll become.

Comment

I have been up all night tonight, I have a zillion thoughts whirrling through my head and just to be checking these boards and to see all of your message's give me hope and strength. You are all so wonderful. Thank You kissing Thank You kissing Thank you kissing And I certianly don't feel like anyone is trying to tell how to live my life Mary, I am thrilled that you are willing to offer your prayer's and support. I don't always see everything the way it truely is. So having all these fresh, clear perspectives is fine by me.

I don't have an appointment with my lawyer until Monday at 11:00 am. I want to go get new locks today and I will put them on the door myself. But if what you said is right Teri,(and I already thought about him breaking a window.) The thing I do know is if he comes over we will fight. He will not physically harm me. But the harm he will and has done to me verbaly and psychologically will be worse than If he punched me in the nose. I will repeat over and over, I will not buy into this, I will not buy into this. I will do this when he starts his verbal attack. I do not want to be like an insane lunitic anymore. I will call the village police tomorrow, to see what I have to do to go about getting a restraining order. That will be the first think on my list of things to do today.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about the house and I am very torn as to what to do. Now that his Mother-in-law is interested I definatly want to stay(rotton aren't I)We owe $68,000 on the house. It is assessed for $78,000. Both the house and the garage need a new roof and 5 years ago we got white aluminum siding and he took the siding off the back of the house, Needless to say he never put anything back up. The new siding is ruined and the back is only covered in Tyvek Housewrap. This means if we sell it like it is we are more than likley going to take a loss. We also owe two years of back taxes. I have a deferred payment agreement with the county and make a montly payment to pay off the one year, but if the remaining year is not paid off by the end of May. They forclose and we loss the house to anyone who comes up with the 6 grand.

That is why my mother in law is stepping in. To cushion the fall for her baby once again. I have thought about just walking away from it all. It would be so much easier if I did that. I have enough money that I could buy the house outright for what we owe.Have no mortgage payment and then I would take out a small loan to fix up the garage and put an appartment overtop of it for xtra income and I just bought a new computar and want to start doing medical transcription from home, so I do have a plan.(I just have to come up with the money to pay for the course)I could pay the back taxes also.(its my daughters money for collage, and I don't know how morally right it is to use it but I would only use some of it not all.) I currently receive $1200.00 a month in disability and $300 a month in child support, right now my mortgage is only 275.00 (flex rate)My parents want to help, but I hate to take from them. It all seems so huge.Part of me is really excited and part of me is terrified. I want succeed so badly, kinda like I'll show that F&#@*&g B*&#@d. I pray that I can put this plan in action in a clam, rational way, and note let his hurtful words distract me from what I want to do for my daughter's and my life.

Do you think I should keep what I have or go out and start all over again.

I get really really panicy when I think of leaving my house. Since I have been sick this is the only refuge I have. I no longer work so this is it my comfort, my castle, my only real place in this world. The thought of having to go anywhere else is literally incomprehensable to me.

I just pray that I have the strength. That has been my problem up to now. When ever I have gone to leave or started to pack or do too much of anything my pain goes throught the roof and my retention gets to the point were I need to go to sit in the tub to relax my spasming muscle and I have to urinate in there and this goes on every half and hour. And the urgency also starts to pick up, Nice Huh. I hate my body. The good news is that all my Dr's think that my symtoms will definatly ease up after we split. He said next year at this time, Although I will always have chronic illness's I might not feel sick at all.(Wow what a killer stress is)

Sorry I really was rambling. Any opinions, pros cons, has anyone kept any property or have any kinda similar experience to share. I am all ears.

grouphug
                          Christine

Comment

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Christine}}}}}}}}} Hugs to you. Praying for you. Pray about it and talk about it at the meeting today. Take care of you. You will be ok.
                            Hang in there , There is hope.
                            There is hope. Prayer works.

Love, Debbie

Comment

Love ya, Christine. You are a strong lady and you can make it through this. You are able to tap into a Power that can help you be OK no matter what your situation.

I heard in a meeting once a unique way to deal with verbal abuse. This woman said her sponsor compared it to walking by a mental hospital. If someone yelled at her from a high, dark window and screamed terrible, awful things --- she would know they were crazy and it wouldn't mean much at all. It would roll right off her. Well, a crack addict is crazy. He's just talking out his "you know what". So just imagine him up in that window and you walking right on by - knowing what he is saying has little to do with you at all.

Let what he says just bounce off your little God force field - you are protected. It sounds like you are doing all the right things for you - you sound very sure of yourself. Remember that during those moments when you may question yourself - you are strong and you will come through this even stronger.
                              Kim

Diagnosed August 2001

Comment

Hi Christine,
                                I am talking to you from a Mothers' prospective,
                                if your parents, want to help you out, why don't you let them? They (I promise) will feel they are doing something to help. I just bet you they feel so helpless. I only know you from the board, and I wish I could do something for you. I have prayed so many prayers for you. I worried about your meds, also, did you get those filled? I know the oxycontin is sooo expensive, but honey you need them. If it helps to talk to us, please write us anytime, we are all here for you.
                                MAY GOD RICHLY BLESS AND KEEP YOU SAFE
                                MANY MANY HUGS,
                                SUSAN kissing
                                Susan
                                People may not remember exactly what "you did, or what you said, but- they will always remember how you made them feel"

Comment

Working...
                                X