Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sanctuary
    replied
    I certainly can have empathy for the idea of wanting to escape the pain..emotional or physical. I found over the years that once the pain is adequately controled everyting else feels better. I have never (fortunately) fallen victim to addictions but have compassion for those that suffer so much that they could be driven to do that. Perhaps asking yourself, what it is that you want to not feel (besides pain) that hurts so bad you'd consider slipping..if you hold on, pray for guidance, let the wonderful people in here help..you can get past this. I hope you have supportive friends, family..someone you can go to for backup support in person, or a hug or two. Hang in there, look for the cause of the pain, physical or other wise and come to terms with that, I'll bet that helps some, I hope and pray it does help you. Hugs, Sanctuary

Leave a comment:

• ICNDonna
    replied
    Katherine, I'd just like you to know you and your family are in my prayers. I know you've been through a horrible year and that you still have more to face.

Just remember --- using won't fix anything --- you have made it this far. You can do it.

Much love,
    Donna

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    DEB!!!! I didn't know you were in recovery!!! I am sober 12 and a half years. Small world. Wow. Do you go to meetings, too?

Leave a comment:

• auntiedeb
    replied
    Hi Katrine, I will ask the same questions that Kim asked you, Are you in recovery? Are you wanting to numb the pain or emotianal feelings. I agree with Kim, that using our pain meds as prescribed is not using and that we aren't addicts. Are you going to meetings? Do you have a sponsor ? Email me at [email protected] or pm me. I have been clean 12 and half years from xanax. Hang in there. One minute at a time. There is always hope. Say the serenity prayer. One day at a time. Make a phone call. Glad you reached out. We are here for you and we love ya.

Leave a comment:

• vm
    replied
    Hi, Katherine. Are you in recovery? If so can you get to a meeting?

When you say you want to use to be numb, do you mean pain medication to stop the pain? Do you have a physician who is prescribing pain meds?

I would like to offer support, but need more information, I guess. I don't think pain medication, taken as prescribed, is wrong at all. And I'm not sure if you mean "numbing out" in terms of stopping the physical pain or to stop the emotional overload. Have you abused pain pills in the past?

We are here for you.

Leave a comment:

• Katherine
    started a topic fighting wanting to useeeeee

fighting wanting to useeeeee

I am wanting to use to num what is going on please any support would be greatly appericated.
    Katherine
    [email protected]
Working...
X